Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

gnu addition, attempt #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Nevergirls posted:

gnu addition, attempt #1

gnu edition "kde girl"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Perplx posted:

I bet he picked that show to avoid hosed up fans too
haha

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

myshoginy

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

page 8 second gunman

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

mods namechange posted:

another lost script from TNG season 8

RZApublican posted:

I would actually give him money if the kickstarter was for making new TNG episodes solely from that twitter

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

flyboi posted:

poo poo HN Says ‏@shit_hn_says
GNU Screen is great. The only downside is that it can't persist through a machine restart.

what were they expecting it to do

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

tef posted:

someone post the other version pls I need it

If you see this I'm probably doing a sig check

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The Iuan MacLean

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

saw the liveband do a 14 minute version of happy house, abs. massv

loving Nice!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

He looks good tbh

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

that was a good thread cuntalicious

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hors d'ebooks

also

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol they should've just linked to the ouya kickstarter and said "do nothing like this"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hello, friends and well wishers!

I've decided to suspend the Crowdfunding book's project for now, given that it's unlikely to reach its funding goal. I learned an enormous amount in this process, and have terrific ideas about how to build an audience, reshape the project, and launch again.

lol
I was going to write a book about a subject but turns out I didn't know poo poo about it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

rip roguestar, free pik_d

and classicist
rip smileyglob

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

we need a yospos mod challenge on this poo poo, can somebody get abe from the blackberry thread

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

The intro class is Python. I just wanted some formal programming training for best practices.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

that sux ian sorry

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

Seriously go gently caress yourself man. What do you think this thing is: https://class.coursera.org/algo-2012-002/class/index

loving sick of negativity from stupid mother fuckers that don't even know what they are talking about.

Go gently caress yourself. Tired of being mocked by people here. Statpedia was doing just fine without all you mother fuckers giving me a hard time.

You all need to just play this video over and over again until your brain melts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs Then after you watch that video, consider the concept of embracing positive constructive feedback.

You loving people are just bringing negativity in my life that I do not need. Someone mentioned bipolar... well no I am not bipolar. Being on these forums is like someone just constantly jabbing you in the side with a sharp stick. Just loving jabbing and jabbing and jabbing you in the side. This is the point where I snap, and say gently caress off.

When I am not on here, just expect me to be learning and researching stuff like this: http://www.dwavesys.com/en/dev-tutorials.html so that I will continue to stay ahead of the game. gently caress you and your primitive algorithms.

I will be a billionaire. Statpedia is the most beautiful search engine on the market. Search results are displayed on search for anyone to see without even having to click on anything, and time is only going to make this display better. Statpedia is first class. And when the statpedia code is reused with a landing page showing a different logo than "Statpedia", this search engine will be the foundation for any niche search topic on the internet.

Then, once there is all these micro niche search engines for varying topics, I can bring them all together for the macro search, and make more money than Google because my search is better, more intelligent, more beautiful, and cleaner.

So go gently caress yourself man. I need to afford my $50 million dollar house in Laguna Beach before the age of 30 or my entire life on this planet is loving worthless.

Just for the record... there isn't anywhere nicer on this planet in terms of weather, food, beautiful women, and nice stuff than Orange County and some parts of North County San Diego. UCI is in my opinion the best campus in Southern California. I can go anywhere for school. I am not surrounded by ghetto LA scum like USC. I loving hate LA. They are trash and full of fakeness. UCSD... I loving hate eucalyptus trees. Those things just pollute their poo poo everywhere. I might as well be living in India or China going to UCSD with all those lovely eucalyptus leaf droppings everywhere comparable to people letting their children poo poo on the streets.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012/one-hundred-under-fifty That's right... UCI is ranked 4th in the world, and best in the country for universities under the age of 50.

If I want to go to Stanford... I don't even have to apply to Stanford. How? Here is one possibility: Nicely say to someone that I want to study at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and it is probably not much more than filling out a few documents and being in good academic standing. Then... if I am up at Stanford, all I have to do is show that I am likable and competent to right person, and I am in their school (IF I WANT TO GO THERE). Not that Statpedia isn't interesting enough on its own to probably get me in Stanford; even if they do not see the full vision. Where did the previous director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center get his PHD from in Elementary Particle Physics? UCI.

Time management? I have set up Statpedia in such a way where it runs itself. I hardly have to lift a finger leaving my schedule completely open so that I can do whatever I want while it continues to grow in size and scope. Even now with what has been developed, the amount of statistics entered into statpedia 50 years from now is incomprehensible. There is a statistic for every possible thing on this planet. How many cats are in your neighborhood, how many fruits and vegetables the average person ate in 1952, if you look around your room I am sure you can see something that you can make a statistic out of. The foundation has now been established so that anyone in the world can upload a statistic of anything thinkable.

Even if I do not know everything, I will continue to hire and work alongside intelligent people to get things where they need to be.

It won't be brains that get me there, I can assure you that. Who earns the big bucks and why? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59-C4hZJ8o

I will be at the top of the food chain whether or not anyone chooses to acknowledge so.

For all of you who have been nice to me along the way, I say thank you, and apologize for this post.

R.I.P. Ian on shitstarter forums. Peace.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

rip ian
he never scored :10bux:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

guys I have a confession, I'm actually ian. you all fell for my puppetry. how does it feel to get kickstarted

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

ian why don't you just apply to a ycombinator

also lol rufo you were in middle school or something in 2008 don't act

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grahamphakos/urbandesk-combination-full-size-bed-and-full-size

uses a thinkpad

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I like the idea but realistically it will always remain in either bed mode or desk mode because I don't make beds or clear desks

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I mean I've had a hardon for murphy beds ever since who framed roger rabbit so this speaks to me

on the other hand. Is it a futooooooooon??

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

wait is there really someone named Muffi

more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cxLfIs051c

tune

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

i never understood the hole in dude's hat when the mouse threw it

i think it's not a hole, it's the inside of his hat

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

no its totally a hole

no its the inside of his hat and it contains millions of stars. why would it be a hole?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Large Hardon Collider posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/592285363/elements-custom-playing-cards-by-jackson-dolan

Please give me money, but first, some compelling reasons why I shouldn't be designing anything:

dolan pls

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

daft punk in the soundtrack, donating one dollar

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

Can this forum be hidden somehwere. All these pictures and this thing are showing up everywhere on google when I search for statpedia. I am going to cry.

nothing from SA shows up for me when I do a google search, but the gis search is lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Development on a video game funded by the crowdsourced funding site Kickstarter has stopped as all its programmers have quit.

quote:

Unfortunately Mob Rules has no-one available to do this work. In addition, Haunts has been written in the Go programming language which is not widely used and will limit its chances of hiring new hands to complete the work.
lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066438441/haunts-the-manse-macabre/posts/331425

hopefully the single 7k donor was him/his parents because otherwise

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adapteva/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone

3,487 backers
$618,314 pledged of $750,000 goal
30 hours to go

you're about to get owned parallalalal

quote:

Doesn't look like we will get any major article write-ups today. (we have tried EVERYONE multiple times). Seems that there is too much going on with Windows and Apple to write about our effort. The only major outlet to write up something was Michael Larabel at Phoronix. Thank you Michael!

So...it seems like we'll have to keep pushing the message forum by forum and email by email until tomorrow. If we make it by tomorrow, it's all because we (Parallella backers and Adapteva team) didn't give up and "fought until our last breath".

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://getprojecteo.com/

The tiny Instagram projector.

We print your Instagrams on 35mm film, you view them with Projecteo. Want one? We just need a hand with the final step.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Shaggar posted:

i cant think of anything stupid enough to be the next instagram and it drives me nuts.

a chat app that you type your sms into and it formats it like a telegram

you can call it telegram

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

did somebody say :siren: WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW THREAD?? :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

drivers license
insurance card
check card
credit card
parking card
metro card
prox card for work

welp thats 7... drat my edge case sperglation!!!

oh i also have a gift card for a really fancy restaurant but there's only $5 left on it

• Locked thread