Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chafe
Dec 17, 2009

TheRevolution1 posted:

I wouldn't say it's that lovely, in the latest survey, 41% are already on DX11 hardware and almost nobody is still on a dx9 card. Besides, plenty of people install steam on PCs that they don't even use on gaming just for the chat function which inflates the lovely hardware numbers.

Pretty much any recent video card, no matter how poo poo, can run DX11. The fact that 41% have DX11 hardware doesn't mean anything. All it means that people with Steam bought hardware recently.

The design looks interesting but the screen and touchpad look downright lousy. I understand the benefit of a convergence device but this tablet isn't close to being better than a iPad (2 or 3) at tablet stuff nor is it better than a proper laptop with a non-lovely resolution for proper desktop work.

Edit: The point I'm making is that I'm not so sure whether nor not Microsoft knows what they want their software and hardware to do. Really, carrying a tablet and a dock is still carrying two things. Yes its probably lighter than a ultrabook and tablet combo but I'd personally pick the option that does their intended jobs properly. Boot speeds isn't even an issue these days due to the abundance of SSDs.

Chafe fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread