Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
My PC hasn't been switched on for the last 3 or 4 days. Is there an easy way to stop Steam/BoI from contacting the Internet and updating if I want to abuse the older version invul glitches? I'd like to use the Internet at the same time with other apps though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Wiggle Worm is pretty fantastic for opening up item combinations. It's not great on its own, but once you start getting the hard-hitting item combinations, that poo poo gets ridiculous.

I had it yesterday with Tammy's Head and all the shots from that wiggled as well. Nifty! That head is great for an early room cleaner that recharges after each combat, too.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Maybe that other team will back-port it to the PC so we can finally be rid of flash. Not going to hold my breath though.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Met posted:

This happened during the last run.

Just for that screen, then the game was back to normal.

I get something like that happen when my hard drives have spun down on idle and it wants to load in data for the next level. Whilst waiting to spin up, the usual fade transition sits on a pale colour like this.
Maybe, it's not like I've done exhaustive testing.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Wolfechu posted:

I miss the small rock. That barely ever shows up when you blow up X-rocks any more.

2 or 3 days ago I saw it all the time over a few hours of play. Didn't help me get The Purist challenge though.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Fantastic. Trying to do the Purist challenge and got lots of damage+ and that thing that gives you slow white homing shots. Also got the scary thing that gives you flight and your shots pass through rocks.
Was blasting through stuff and felt like this was going to be THE run.

Then I get that giant mask/heart boss and he outruns my shots. :argh:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Brain In A Jar posted:

Welp that's the second run today I've got Isaac down to a sliver of health and then died from an angel teleporting onto me.

Glad it isn't just me then.

Is there an easy way to tell what characters you have left to finish the Chest with? I mean, I get a decent idea by looking at the achievements in Steam, but with it awarding the wrong ones with some characters I'm just not certain any more.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

All I have left now is to get Guppy to unlock the hairball, and I've never got close to 3 cat items ever. Guess I need to cheese the d6 a bit on the first floor until I get one of the parts and go from there.

Had a few Dr Fetus winning runs that were nearly aborted. Either early on, when you don't have anything that can shoot stuff up close or those globins (?) that your bombs pass through when they rebuild themselves. Or in the Chest, when you get the room that has each door surrounded by red poop. I didn't realise at first that you can just push through them and take the damage - I thought I had no way of bursting them with the fetus to enter the room.

edit to add:

Saradiart posted:

Xaiter, my D20 shenanigans just gave me the same effect as your avatar -- except I am surrounded by item pedestals also flashing through all the items.

I've got this right now in the Cathedral, but only the one pedestal. With the battery I've been d6'ing this one item praying for the last guppy item to complete my set. After about 6 d6's it went into fast-forward item mode and I couldn't resist grabbing it. Said "undefined" and did nothing :(

Gromit fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 28, 2012

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

SilverWingedSeraph posted:

Guppy's stuff almost never shows up anywhere but Devil Rooms or Curse Rooms. I'm fairly sure you could roll the D6 for eternity in a Treasure Room and you'd still probably never get any of the Guppy items.

It certainly seems that way from my testing tonight. I saw Guppy's Tail in the Curse Room a bit, but that was it. I got that and his paw and thought I was going to get it all, but even getting to the Chest I never saw the third item.

I've discovered that if you have ipecac, do NOT upgrade to Dr Fetus. Your fire rate becomes abysmal for some reason. Very disappointing.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

By the way, gently caress this room when you have Dr. Fetus:

Yeah, I mentioned exactly this earlier. I was on foot and could just push through the poop, but you can't fly through it?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Well there we go, Platinum God finally attained. Man, with Spider Bite, damage ups and a full Guppy, you become a real murder machine. I've had runs where bosses died quicker, but this one felt better as it took a little work but ended with the same result.
Isaac didn't even get to spawn any angels, and ??? managed to get two out but they didn't have time to fire. Beautiful.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

YOURFRIEND posted:

What always annoys me about fighting mom is her loving hand. Sometimes I can scurry around the whole perimeter of the arena and it'll never pop out but other times it's just like I get one pixel inside it's range and BAM I'm down a heart.

I just stand in the middle the whole time, moving left or right to avoid her stomp and then back to the centre when it's clear. At that point I usually have the firepower to keep everything else at bay. I'm certainly never close to the edges.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

BlackFrost posted:

Just started my Cain run.

That's an automatic restart for me. Can't stand the knife.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I'm not saying the Knife is poo poo, I'm saying it doesn't suit my play style. I can melt bosses fine with other gear.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

He made a game named "The C Word"

They must have renamed that title in your primary school newsletter.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

It is named The C Word on Newgrounds and most other places it has been discussed, but good job being an rear end for the sake of being an rear end I guess?

I'm here to help. Because he made a game called "oval office" you see, and everyone else talking about it were 12 years old or something.
But then, I'm a complete C Word, so there you go.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

...yes you are being a pedantic rear end.

I said I was a oval office. I don't know what more I could have done. You know, apart from shut up.
But Ed himself calls it "oval office" so there you go.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

codeorange posted:

So I just 100%ed the game and have gotten the Platinum God achievement. But now I don't feel like playing the game anymore. Has anybody else got this problem?

Definitely. Haven't played it since getting Platinum. I check this thread every now and again just to see if there's any news about updates or moving to the non-flash version or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Crovie posted:

I still need to consult the wiki while I play to remember what everything does.

Even after 267 hours of play time I can't remember what half the stuff does.
I stopped once I got 100%, but I have dual monitors and when I was playing I wanted a helper app to run in the background. It would look at the spot in the game window where the item name appeared and look it up and tell me what it did. Heck, you could probably poll memory directly and do it that way.
But I can't code for poo poo so that didn't happen.

• Locked thread