Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
For some reason, when I use CCleaner now, it keeps reverting BoI back to a state where I had 93/97 secrets completed (I'm currently at 96/97). The first time it happened, I had to redo the Chest with ???, Samson, and Judas. Luckily, after I redid everything, I made a backup of the serial.txt and sol.so files.

I was always used to CCleaner reverting BoI back to its default settings (quality/size/resolution/sound settings), but it always kept my progress (secrets/collection/challenges). Is this a bug with the newest 1.333 patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

Okay, gently caress the Mask of Infamy. I can deal with a lot of bullshit, and even though I complain about a lot, I still have fun playing the game.

But holy mother of god that boss just grabs the fun dial and turns it all the way down to "gently caress this goddamn bullshit, holy loving poo poo". I was running around that rear end in a top hat with the Book of Belial, The Small Rock, The Pact, my fire rate and and damage were all high according to the pause screen. And even though I actually managed to hit him a few times, I basically was running around for a solid three+ minutes and I still. Couldn't. Kill him.

I would pay money to get rid of that fucker from the game.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a particular reason why the Mask doesn't have a health bar?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
When did Edmund turn on Steam Cloud for this game? In the BoI properties window, it says 793 bytes stored/2.16 kb available. Also, using CCleaner still resets my secrets progress from 97/97 to 94/97, is this because of the Steam Cloud thing or what?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Smite posted:

I've been trying to fix this because its stopping me from getting platinum and I haven't found a fix yet, steam cloud on or off didn't make a difference. I don't need to run CCleaner for it to decide its time to delete my last 4 secrets. I'm perpetually assigned to the tasks of finding ultra pride and bringing eve and samson through the chest.

I have to keep backing up sol.ol and replacing it over and over again. It's getting frustrating. (I'm tasked to find Ultra Pride again, drat it.)

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
There goes another 200-300 hours of my life.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's cool to get 5 dollars off a 15 dollar game. I hope the game has a soundtrack DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Doesn't the original BOI go on sale all the time anyway? Like if they're that stingy, they could wait for a Steam sale for Rebirth, though it takes a while for new games to get hit by one.

You don't get it. 33% off isn't a deep loyalty discount, some of us were expecting 50% or more because gently caress giving them money for a patch and bug fixes. :downs:

I like the trailer because it's silly, but I miss the music style from the original BoI.

• Locked thread