Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
Sometimes I wish the game could recognize stats

I just lost an awesome Judas run because I couldn't out run the fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
Don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them, but I think I found a somewhat decent glitch with the daddy longlegs boss

IF you stand very close to a door when he does the stomp attack his foot will somehow boot you through the closed door and into the next room

I don't know if this is consistent, but I had it happen to me twice in the chest, first by accident and I was shot into a room I had just been in, and then another time to test it out and see if it would boot me into an unknown room (it did)

I haven't tried it out since

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
Goddammit, 30 successful runs since wrath of the lamb came out and I still haven't gotten the prayer card once

Come on game and throw me a bone

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

Why game, why?

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

...The hell, how'd this happen? Did a bomb blast or enemy attack somehow glitch you across the pit? I've never seen that happen before! I've seen enemies spaz out and vanish into walls, but nothing like this.

There was a maggot there and I was trying to strafe shoot him when I accidentally laid a bomb down, which in turn threw me over the pit and I was left there for all eternity

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
Do all the blessed items bestow +1 luck, or do they just increase the drop rates of soul hearts and the appearance of Angle rooms?

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

OriginalPseudonym posted:

Realistically, Mom's knife is kind of lovely. To maximize the damage from it you have to judge the distance properly in order to get the knife to stay in the target's hitbox for the longest period of time possible. And in order to get it to stay there, you have to stay in that position relative to the target, which opens you up to retaliation fire (in the case of bosses) or other attacks (when there's multiple targets). I'll take a Brimstone + Polyphemus or Tech 2 over Mom's knife any day-- at least the infinite range means you can still dodge laterally while connecting.

Yeah, mom's knife is a decent item but definitely not the best

Its really super useful if you get it on an Eve playthrough though, and its also one (if not only) item that grants 8-way shooting

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

Xaiter posted:

Book of Belial stacks with itself and the Devil card. I assume the same is true of Whore of Babylon.

Also another interesting thing I found, the plinking shears can summon an infinite amount of the isaac's headless body if you keep using it in one room so having them with the habit/ batter/ D Cell is a really good thing if you have trouble with a boss or your damage

Good luck finding them though

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

E: Wait... do you unlock Eve's Bird Foot by clearing it as Samson?

gently caress

I think Ed might have just broken the trinkets once more before this it was the ???'s and Eve's Trinkets that were mixed up, so that probably just means that now Samson's and Eve's trinkets got the old switcheroo

Edit: Also, I just lost all of my BoI data ( along with some other files) due to my OS corrupting, there was a power surge in the middle of it updating itself

NoodleBox fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 10, 2012

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Did they change how you unlock challenge 10? The wiki says you have to beat either Isaac or Satan, and I beat Satan, but that didn't open it for me.

I unlocked it after completing about half of the other challenges, I don't really know if this was how you're intended to unlock or just another wacky bug

EDIT: Is the bad trip pill supposed to kill you if you use it with your last heart while playing as the dead baby?

I just wanted to know, if it makes any difference it was an Ankh dead baby and not the character

NoodleBox fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 21, 2012

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

The one heart rooms are always worth it, too. They will have boss items in their rotation, so a health up is common and other powerful item like the Book of Belial and the Pentagram are inside. They'll only ever have Monstro, 3 Larry Jrs, Peep, or Loki. Only the latter two will appear in late stages, the former in early, and only two bosses will spawn.

Walk in with one heart, usually leave with an extra container or at worst you'll find the squeeze toy which will give you a tear bonus and two soul hearts

They're also good ways to get a free map or compass, can't tell you how many times I ended up getting my rear end saved before the final floors thanks to the bloody arenas spawning the compass

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

Am I the only one that hates moms knife? I skip it pretty much every time I see it unless I'm desperate for something. It's just so hard to control.

Its one of those things that kind of grows on you, the only thing I wish is that it had a better way of signifying its charge-status; I can't tell you how many times I've been hit because I expected it to launch when it only does a dinky jump to whatever direction I was aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

So Ipecac is basically an "I win" button, right?

It is and isn't, it seems to function like a sort of crappier Epic fetus power-up then a fully-fleged upgrade as its helpfullness is kinda lost against the later enemies and bosses (both in damage and style)

Also, make sure that you completely avoid picking up either the Three-dollar bill or my reflection items while you have ipecac, my reflection makes it so that your bombs will infinitely fly around unless they collide with you or a rock

• Locked thread