Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
Finally completed my first Cathedral run, with Cain. The only big thing I dislike about the expansion is that I seem to come across a lot more rooms where my character just doesn't respond to my movement controls and slides all over the room like a hockey puck. The rooms with those skulls full of flies and the green bomb-shooting guys in particular.

My items were pretty cool, nothing over the top though. I got the Mutant Spider (quad-shot) on the first floor, then a slew of tear and shot-speed increases. I was like a walking shotgun, even more so when my Harlequin Baby actually decided to be a Harlequin Baby and not a Brother Bobby. Only had five hearts though, and nearly died to the angel fetuses that Isaac spawns once he was dead. Their random psychic tears are horrible.

Probably the only 'difficult' thing I've done in the expansion, bar a couple of the ridiculous challenges (Doctor Fetus, Lord of the Flies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
It Lives disappears if it spawns an enemy while entering its constant-bombing phase. Normally not a big deal but having to fight Chub with awful damage and no flying while bombs and creep are everywhere is not fun. It comes down after that and everything is a-okay from there on at least. Fix your game, etc.

Died on Isaac as ??? on that run, but after that I won as Maggie. Got poison shots, the max-tear mushroom, a bunch of range-ups and lump of coal. That's my second Isaac kill. Judas, Isaac, Samson, ??? and Eve to go. At least I was smart and decided to suck at this game until they patched the Polaroid. :smug:

Also came across an alternate The Hollow - each segment killed spawns a Boomfly, like the champion Fistula.

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

catte.jpg

So glad I gave up my D6 for Guppy's Head on the first floor.

Some other things I've noticed:

- I can't blow up any fortune-telling machines in the secondary secret rooms. I guess that's for an even better chance of getting the Polaroid?
- Triachnid launches the face-spiders across the room at you instead of just dropping them at his head. Cost me four lives. :argh:

• Locked thread