Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dodecalypse posted:

Ok what the hell Ed. 8 rooms to Satan in Sheol and they're ALL The Fallen? If I'm not fast enough with Ipecac at the start, it's a really long fight trying to get the timing right.

Did manage to kill Satan going in with 2 and a half hearts surprisingly. First Satan kill with Judas! :toot:

I remember back in the good old days when Satan was considered a harder boss. The cathedral and hidden finale boss are definately rougher in the sense that you pretty much have to be able to overpower them. They poo poo attacks all over the place so much (homing purple balls can go right ahead and gently caress off) that it just seems like you have a timer to kill them based on your durability and random chance.

Satan I can beat even with poo poo gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Alteisen posted:

http://i.imgur.com/HVSBb.png

The imagine that attempts to discuss the new ending and endings in general, long and spergy, also direct linked because there's lots of spoilers in there.

Interesting, but they have the pictures out of order: in particular Isaac's mother brandishes the knife before his father leaves, and as he leaves Isaac stands with his mother, it sort of gives a "mom protecting Isaac". Most of the other points make sense with a little bit of stretching. Is Isaac feeling guilty for driving off his father and killing his sister?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rocketlex posted:

I disagree with the people saying that Epic Fetus is an instant-win for the simple reason that it causes the game to absolutely poo poo itself when you're fighting Mom. Seriously, I could barely control my cursor or myself. It was all I could do not to kill myself with my own bombs.

Epic fetus plus candle is like super win, seriously the candle needs more love.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Geokinesis posted:

We should have a bet on which item gets broken this time.

Or more broken.

I really hope he adds more Greed based enemies personally. I love having all my money shot out of me by dudes with entirely too many HP and way too many projectiles. Or maybe an enemy that steals container hearts?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rocketlex posted:

Eh, I'd say...

Fire Rate > Health

I will gladly sacrifice a heart or two to the devil to up my rate of fire.

Yeah it sort of depends on who you have. Being really slow, or having a pitiful range really hurts your chances of survival, so in those cases I would say those items are more important than health. Power is always good though, you honestly cannot have too much of it, and fire rate is up there too.

TheGame posted:

Well yeah, but having 8 heart containers and several other good items going into the 3rd floor is usually a pretty excellent omen.

I have found that my greatest predictor of victory for a given run, is having a shitload of keys, bombs and some cash; at least two, or one really strong power upgrade, and a good space item. I've left the second floor with 7 hearts and as many silver hearts and still gotten killed a floor or two later.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

TheGame posted:

The curses are probably my least-favorite part of the expansion. Curse of Darkness is annoying and unfun, Curse of the Labyrinth is horrible on the first floor and just cumbersome past that, and Curse of the Lost strikes me as an advantage if you get it on a pre-Womb floor. It's a neat idea for a mechanic, but couldn't they have formulated some ones that were more fun or changed the gameplay experience more? Maybe Curse of the Swarm for more enemies in every room, or potentially curses that just make the current floor really hard (something silly like 'all enemies have flying') but you get a free devil-room item at the end of it. There's so much more design space than 'gently caress the logistics up for a floor.'

I wish there were a better variety of them, and that any given one was less common. I liked it better when curse of the Labyrinth could appear on the second floor of a given set instead of just the first.

• Locked thread