Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I found a "the moon" card in the room before the final boss. It was my first chest run. I use it, and was trapped in a secret room. That door up there does not work. I am gonna have a conniption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, it's kinda stupid, but why even bother? There's nothing in there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Saradiart posted:

IV Bag + D20 + Item Martyr = enjoy having every item in the game.

Also I found out apparently you can have more than 12 hearts. Had 12, got two eternal hearts from above shenanigans, then joker'd to the devil room.

Got a two heart item -- was left with 11 hearts.

e: And then I accidentally d20'd the polaroid. gently caress.

That must be new, I am totally positive you couldn't have more than 12 before.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

2/3 of the money they take drops to the ground. Just try not to pick it up! If you can kill him before you pick up the coins, they are essentially protected from him.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I highly recommend the book of shadows with the habit, if no one else has tried that. For every 2 hits you take, you get like 10 seconds of invulnerability. It stretches your life a lot further than a book of revelations in the lategame.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Smite posted:

I was a bit wary about picking up chocolate milk after having it ruin my game a few patches ago, but it seemed to do an alright job and eventually I acquired myself a brimstone as well. Being able to fire one of those shots constantly or charge the full thing up in 1.5 seconds was pretty sweet. Still did absolutely no damage to isaac, but I chipped away at him long enough and conquered the chest.

Now, I wish this game would stop resetting my secrets unlocked from 96 back down to 93. It really doesn't want me to get credit for beating it with Cain, Samson or Eve.

Waitwaitwait, this is important.

So Chocolate Milk and Brimstone no longer equal no damage?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The ankh seems to make 'one heart remaining' type items a little weird. I had the ankh and the polaroid as maggy, and died both times without the polaroid going off at all.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Now that brimstone is mostly fixed I vote for ankh as new Most hosed Up Item

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Prettttty sure I've gone to angel rooms with the joker before.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Greed heads and zombies both have way way too much loving health.

It is not more fun to spend a much longer time shooting your enemies. Even at base damage, nothing should take more than ten shots to kill.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Totally broke the game. You simply cannot kill the bosses too fast or the game doesn't register it.

Very best eve run ever - My very first item was 99 keys, and then I got a guppy tail on the next floor. I got the rest of guppy later on, as well as an ankh. I died, came back with 4 soul hearts and eternal whore of babylon. I later traded 6 soul hearts for the knife and the mark, which combined with polyphemus and some other damage bonus had me one-shotting every boss in the game.

There are so many items not pictured, but you get the idea - the nail and the kitty and the whore of babylon and polyphemus and the knife and daddy longlegs is an EXTREMELY STRONG setup.

99 keys + guppy's tail is one of the most gamebreaking combinations available.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The easiest way to get meat boy is to get that one cat powerup that gives you nine lives. Kill a horseman, collect the meat, then kill yourself with a bomb and do it again.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

God, this game is going to be so incredible. It's going to be what it should have been the first time.

And I mean that in the best possible way.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We don't Know.

That's the Point.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

TheModernAmerican posted:

Have any of you watched the opening cutscene? This isn't ambiguous. It's just about the only unambiguous part of the plot. Isaac = Isaac Mom = Abraham

I read "isaac mom" as a single character and you blew my mind for a second.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No soap, radio!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That seems like a pretty big jump to make considering it's under 2 minutes of game footage without a large room.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

All of these combos look so amazing I can't loving wait for this game. I didn't even need new features, they could have just released the old game with everything comboing with everything else and I would have been happy as a clam.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh, fun! I missed cheat codes.

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER FUCKER

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Pixeltendo posted:

Seems the second secret video is hinting at the 3DS version, the title of the video is from SNES hacking and the resolution is the same as the 3DS top screen.

Also whens the new thread happening?

This is gonna be the best drat game for bus rides and crap. I can't wait for 3ds isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My computer is nine years old, chugged along in agony trying to play the original, and plays this one with only a touch of slowdown here and there. I'm sorry that your computer is like, Really Really old, dude, but sometimes programming is difficult. You can't always do what you set out to do.

For what it's worth, I was getting the black flash bug where you basically cannot fight mom's heart, and that got fixed in like 4 days. They're trying.

• Locked thread