Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ending 13 question:

Does Ending 13 imply that Isaac killed his sister, driving his father away, but at the end his mom forgives him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

goferchan posted:

This game is really, really hard starting a fresh save file on the current patch + expansion -- took me forever to get my first Satan kill or even do a lot of the basic challenges that only go through the depths. WAY harder than WotL was at release (albeit with pretty much everything from the base game unlocked on my part)-- I was sick of seeing the grail and prayer cards all the time when the expansion launched, too, but the game is a lot harder with the new balanced drop rate , especially when you don't have everything unlocked.
I bought the game only recently - I'm 20 hours in and have 4 mom kills and have beaten Satan once (god room randomly spawned after mom's heart, lets you go down). At the beginning you really just have to wait until you get some crazy combo like habit + BoR or anything involving Polyphemus. Still haven't bothered unlocking Samson.

I definitely recommend Doctor's Revenge for any new players who want to get a mom kill in.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Holy poo poo. First Cathedral run finished with ONE heart left. If Isaac hadn't dropped a soul heart I would have died to the remaining flying babies

Tech 2, Mutant Spider, tons of good poo poo... D6 rules...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I'm basically convinced that there's something up with Samson's luck score or something. Judas runs are a friggin' joke and yet Samson runs are like pulling teeth. I don't really understand.

Good day today - beat the chest with Maggie and Judas. I think my Judas run was the first time I've ever won without flying. Only Eve, ???, and Samson to go... urgh...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

Man, I really hope the follow up to Binding of Isaac includes mutliplayer. It'd be a shame if abandons the game instead of doing another big expansion down the road and it just seems begging for co-op at the least.

Deathmatches in Isaac character-mutation kind of rules could be awesome, or something more like Demon's Souls. Just so many ways it'd be great.
Ed's a little soured on implementing online play himself, and certainly won't make any promises - he and even moreso his programmer had to spend three brutal months after Super Meat Boy was released trying to get online play working.

He may leave it to the other team to take care of. That's fine by me - I feel like the game would become four times as frustrating if I couldn't just restart whenever I wanted.

I hope that the re-release is really successful when it does come out, though - I'm definitely going to buy it.

EDIT: Holy poo poo most improbable Sheol clear ever. I'm in womb 2 with Eve with Book of Belial, number one, mr. mega, pyro, and not a whole lot else fascinating. Two and a half hearts out of four and I get an error room, taking me to sheol... get my way to satan with three and a half hearts, beat him with Mr. Mega. That thing totally owns him, and the fallen. Had to fight the fallen three times - caves 1, sheol room, and satan fight. Unreal. I may just retire here, it's not gonna top that.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 7, 2012

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Welp, 92 hours and got everything except Spelunker Boy, Dark Boy, and Mama's Boy. gently caress that, I'm out, especially because my game stopped unlocking items in the collection even if I earned them (even Steam recognizes the unlock). Incredible game though. See you all for the remake!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

And most importantly Spirit of the Night, which you will remember because it is ownage and a part of probably half of my chest clears.

But yeah basically play this game with your browser open. It gets really really fun once you realize, little by little, how to maneuver yourself into positions to get really powerful items.

Tip 1: Try not to take any heart damage in levels (soul heart damage is ok) so that you get to more devil rooms/god rooms
Tip 2: If you have 2 guppy items, do what you can to get a third
Tip 3: Your first priority w/ bombs on the first few floors is blowing up the x rocks

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sockser posted:

Had a good isaac run, epic fetus and a million other things that I could have won with even without fetus. Got an Ankh even!

Killed ???, killed myself, killed ??? again, closed game. Didn't realize I had a 1up and I just killed him as Isaac twice. Son of a bitch.
??? is a lot easier to use to clear chest than you'd think because of all the invulnerability you get from the Polaroid - sorry though brah

• Locked thread