Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The unlock for Conquest is beating Mom with Samson. The unlock that's shown is Bloody Lust but that's obviously wrong, as that item doesn't need to be unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

6 copies of Mr Mega and Bobby Bomb are added to the item pool when you get Dr. Fetus, vastly increasing their likelyhood.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The doesn't really get harder as time goes on. If anything, Everything is Terrible actually makes the game a little easier.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

If you got the pop up, restart the game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Apparently the Liberty Cap will allow ??? to get infinite life as long as you don't get too bored flipping between empty rooms?

edit: wait it only gave a heart when getting the large odd mushroom once, false alarm

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 26, 2012

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

By the way, gently caress this room when you have Dr. Fetus:

Will using the pony destroy the poop?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The dude on GameFAQs said that soul heart damage isn't factored into the Devil Room equation (only red damage is), did you find the same thing?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Fighting Pestilence with a full Dead Cat and only a single heart is pretty fun. You can do a lot with 9 cubes.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Huh. Playing as ???, didn't get a Devil room on Cellar 2, but got a God room on Caves 1. Didn't Joker into the Devil room on the first floor either.

Also I have Mom's Knife, Sacrificial Dagger, and Guardian Angel. All I need is the Book of Shadows and the Virus and I'll be the melee master.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think it's just the boss you were fighting. I guess the "cleared boss room" flag only gets tripped when you leave the room, and not when the boss is beaten? Which is weird as clearing the boss room is what the no-damage runs depend on. Seems strange that they track the same thing with multiple flags. Or maybe that dying resets the cleared boss room flag for some reason?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Is there a list of monsters that pierce soul hearts? Just had a rude awakening from the ghost version of Gemini.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

TheGame posted:

I can't think of anything that is supposed to pierce through your soul hearts. It sounds like you were fighting the Blighted Ovum, but I don't recall that ignoring soul hearts.

The Brimstone the little one shoots goes through soul hearts, apparently? 125 hours and I'm still surprised by this game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It doesn't really matter, you can get all 6 pieces with the same character if you want, and you'll have to come back and clear the Cathedral with everyone again anyway to get to the Chest.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

When you have the dead cat, dying after the boss is already dead will allow you to fight the boss again, netting up to ten items.

For invulnerability, wafer + habit + book of relevations/nail.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Literally on this page:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

When you have the dead cat, dying after the boss is already dead (without leaving the boss room) will allow you to fight the boss again, netting up to ten items.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Color Printer posted:

So here's a little snippet from the code that picks pills. The code has been edited by me, to make it easier to read.

ActionScript code:
if (random(15) == 0 && !haveEffect[75]) {
	f1 = 2; //I Found Pills
} else {
	if (random(10) == 0 && !haveEffect) {
		f1 = 3; //Explosive Diarrhea
	}
haveEffect[75] is a check for the PhD.

Tell me if you notice anything...wrong.

(and now I know why explosive diarrhea pills never seem to come up anymore!)

Even without that bug, jesus christ is the pill picking routine just a big pile of if else statement? That's just so awful, why would anyone code like that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You could have used the stars card to get back to the arcade and get that polaroid back.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Color Printer posted:

He rerolled it.

He's got the Habit and the D20. He can roll it again.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Book isn't bad as you're basically guaranteed to get at least a level 2 meatcube, and being able to block shots is so useful against the last boss.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It doesn't need to border three rooms (some layouts that would be impossible) but will be where it can touch the most rooms.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It will be a room you can very rarely teleport to, like the error room, with a probability of .0042069. However, a simple coding error causes it to show up 420.69 percent of the time.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Did your dream also have Ed and his girlfriend dancing naked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It's confirmation bias rather than hallucinations. The abyssmally low range of the knife leads you to think that range up/down have affected it because you're expecting it to have an effect.

tithin posted:

Been a long time since I've played, take as an anecdote only, but from memory moms knife sets your damage and range to a set number which could be increased via damage increase and range increase items assuming you collected the knife at an early enough point.

For range, all it really meant is that your maximum range on the knife before it boomeranged back to you was increased.

Someone just posted a video that shows range doesn't have an effect on the knife.

• Locked thread