Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
A word to the wise: Challenges 5-8 do NOT register as complete if you skip Mom's Heart with the shovel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Hooray, I officially never have to be Samson again. :toot:

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

I just had a run where I got the full Guppy form and Sacred Heart with a bunch of +tears. Jesus christ Isaac went down in about five seconds. :catstare:

No Polaroid, naturally.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

Fate had nothing to do with it, that's just how it's bugged.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

I was in the Chest secret room just now (yay, they work) and it had a slot machine in it. It blew up after a few coins and gave me a 1-up. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional.

Color Printer posted:

Bloat was like this before.

I should know since he ruined my best Eve run, the little shithead. :argh:

EDIT: Actually, I didn't know he could show up twice. Wow, that....ugh.

:argh:

Yeah, he's always been able to show up twice. I had that happen just after launch day.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Second time this happened so probably a real bug, had two different pills give up tears up effect. Pretty awesome actually.

Were you Cain? The exact same thing just happened to me. I think it's possible for the game to roll tears up and tears down pills but then have the Lucky Foot turn the downs into ups.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

I wonder if taking a devil item from a curse room or devil beggar affects the chance of an angel room appearing. If there's a curse room in Basement 1 and you skip it, that could explain getting an angel room on that floor.
Or it just doesn't work the way we think.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

This floor did not contain a regular secret room. I had the X-ray specs, and tried bombing the two obvious spots anyway and nothing happened.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

Man. I seriously think I Xaiter'd that Isaac Was Good Today run. Things started out on an odd note when, instead of a chest in the Curse Room, there was a pedestal with The Pact. (Is that actually a legitimate spawn, or did I somehow bug out there?)

Curse rooms can spawn devil/angel room items on a pedestal, although (from anecdotal experience) it's very rare.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

I love the doofy five-second fly doodle next to the lovingly detailed Loki.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

I've literally never completed a run with Ipecac but I keep picking it up. One day....

I've also only seen Dr. Fetus 3 or 4 times ever. I have over 250 hours logged. :(

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

Well I haven't checked my stats in a long time, I wonder-

:stare: I'm going to go play something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

As a Mac player (2 GHz Macbook Pro, 4 GB of RAM) I can say I've very rarely encountered any lag while actually playing. I do get the thing where it hangs on the loading screen which then turns pink, but in play? Only if there's a really absurd number of things on screen at one time. Like maybe if you have an IV bag and fill the entire room with coins it might be noticeable.

• Locked thread