Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I thought my son died to a monster attack before I arrived at the fort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I got my ranting out of my system already (if not all the alcohol. :toot:) so I won't really be making GBS threads up the thread with stuff about my dwarf in the future, barring maybe a last journal entry to round things out when I'm in a bit more normal state of mind.

For now, I'll be rooting for my son. The spreadsheet says he's a Farmer, so he might just produce more of our family line. And then they'll stab and punch all the goblins and minotaurs. But especially the werehyenas. :argh:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Skanky Burns posted:

Sure, drawbridges and moats and other defensive works might help keep the fortress alive longer, but at what cost? At what cost?

Won't someone think of the children?!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Truly OhCrap is the finest dwarven comedian of our day. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

APinAP posted:

Journal of Apeynap Clutchstandards

13th Obsidian, 238

Hutter is dead. My wife, the last hope for continuing my father's family line, has been taken away from me. My father is dead. My mother is somewhere I think, I haven't seen her around. Too busy drowning my sorrows.

Ugath, when will you take me as well?

Son, you know what you must do. Burn the fotress down! Burn 'em all!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A true dwarven overseer wouldn't have worried about such minor things as actually having the save. He'd make the update anyway, in that lego scene creator! Or crayon.

Or more likely just shout drunken profanity at random passersby in the mess hall. It works fine for me when I do it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A giant, blind, fire-breathing turkey?

Alright then.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Poor OhCrap, dying the way he lived. Surrounded by an alcoholic haze. Not usually one that is on fire, but still...

Truly the best overseers die young. :saddowns:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bad Munki posted:

Can we make a soap coffin for OhCrap? :3:

Is this actually possible in the game? That would be perfect.

[EDIT]If not, what about soapstone?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Leperflesh can't even properly beat someone to death with his girly overseer arms. :smugdog:

Better throw him in jail for it though. Good of the many and all that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Angela Christine posted:

I imagine that it is harder when your victim is still awake.

One would assume that is the part he isn't doing properly. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

Oh sure, now we see the hypocrisy of the system, where privileged dwarfs get to act like animals with no retribution while military heroes are starved to death in jail on flimsy charges with no witnesses.

Man, if I was Zaodai, there wouldn't be a memorial slab large enough to keep me from coming back and getting my ghostly vengeance on the entire fort.

My ghost may be acting in more subtle ways. Zapados is still well on his way to starving/thirsting to death as of an update ago right? And like half his family got murdered by various enemies. My spirit was acting as an ethereal spotter for the blind super turkey. :shepface:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zapdos posted:

It would be if you actually were a ghost

It was a joke. I know you made sure I was spirited away (:v:) to my tomb ASAP so I wouldn't make any ghost appearances.

I'll be sure to have you approve all my non-serious posts in the future though so I don't damage your canon continuity.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zapdos posted:

My dwarf is going to find your dwarf in dwarf Valhalla and fight him.

A drinking contest might be more appropriate.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zapdos posted:

I'm coming for you Zaodai! :black101:

Good thing for me that so many of my family members have died. Are you familiar with my recently decease brother i poo poo trains? :black101:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm still a fan of having a Death Company for the criminals that dwarven justice can't properly handle.

Give them their own squad (so they won't always be at full strength, making it somewhat of a punishment) and send them against threats to the safety of the fortress first. There's still a risk of death or dismemberment, but you're not unfairly screwing them over. Plus, the fortress will get use out of them.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pure Kamikaze posted:

That is the worst idea ever. Thats up there with leading orks into tyranids if anyone knows there Warhammer 40k lore. Cause either way we'd end up having to deal with whatever survived.

That was a good idea from the point of view of the group that intended to do it. They just didn't give a gently caress because it wasn't their worlds getting poo poo on (if I remember correctly).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed them immensely. It's nice to see any sort of update in this update-less desert.

Updates! Updates for the poor!

If they had updates, they wouldn't be poor anymore! ... wait, that doesn't work in this case. drat.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

SynthOrange posted:

But so's Dwarven Berserker Rage, the birthright of every dwarf. :black101: Pity some poor sap taking a drink caught the fallout of it though.

That must be the reason the penalty for it is dying of thirst. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH, you better be either the least corrupt overseer or the most corrupt. Dwarf me wouldn't have it any other way, if he hadn't already been killed by THE MAN for knowing too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That mace dwarf who shattered an Ogre's leg then bashed its skull in due to its now reduced height is pretty badass. I've probably been playing too much Space Marine, but it seems like one of the health-restoring Executions. :black101:

• Locked thread