Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
The glassfather shall live on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

TildeATH posted:

But ever since word got out that Rawkking was an Ugath-lover, no one listened to him, except for Nineofeight."

"The footless one? That must not have ended well."

"No, it didn't."

:stare: Here I was resigned to the fact my dwarf was going to be a crippled nobody for the rest of her life after the toadening incident. Better get journal entrying. :black101:

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 30, 2012

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Malachite, 240: Letter to Racktest

Well Mom, Well Dad. Somehow I've survived three years despite all your scorn. I set out from the mountainhomes a fat weak joke, lazy and cowardly according to your own words Dad.

Don't even pretend I don't know about your sermons. All the recent migrants from Racktest know all about Mistem Morulal, the fire and brimstone High Anvil of Etest. They tell me all about how you're still preaching death upon the followers of Ugath, blaming them for all the problems of the Rare Ship, implying them to be descended from the disgusting union of dwarf and goblin.

It might shock you, make you disown me, renounce my name and existence entirely, but I reject your dogma. In fact I reject all dogma. When I was lying injured on a creaking tower-cap bed, halucinating from blood loss, I saw an eagle soaring through a crack in the ceiling. The beauty of it, combined with a certain state of delirium resulting from the dwarven rum they poured down my throat as the last bits of tendon were trimmed off from my ankle stump and Markus_Cz sealed the wound with a burning brand, hardened what resolve I previously lacked. I finally decided it was my duty to tell you that I am godless. Yes. The daughter of a High Anvil is godless. I hope that some neighbour sees this slate before you smash it and spreads your shame to all the Dwarves of Racktest.

And before you dismiss this as the talk of a fat and lazy woman who overindulges in food and drink, know this. While I am not I poo poo trains, I am considered a dependable axedwarf. You always preach of the godliness of slaughter, but I don't seem to recall you ever smiting an enemy. Know this father, I am the death of trogdolytes, killer of goblins.

I am the sharpened crutch in the Night. And I will be a greater dwarf than you ever will.

Attached to the slate is another featuring a bitching engraving of NineOfEight and a goblin. Nine of Eight is holding a crutch and laughing. The goblin is crying.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Granite 240: NineOfEight's Journal

Well, somehow I keep surviving these battles. The other day I saw our overseer TildeATH poking at an eagle that had been caught in our traps. The little whelp was laughing cruelly and then mocked my love of eagles. His laughter briefly changed to screams, and then crying as the eagle took a swipe at his hand with razor sharp talons before trying to fly away. I know not what happened to it, I prefer to think it escaped to freedom once again, but the thought of our overseer learning a valuable lesson about wild animals cheers me. Sadly Marcus_Cz tells me his cuts will heal up quickly without leaving much in the scarring.

I find myself thinking about Marcus_Cz more often nowadays. He was kind to me when I lost my foot, and his self-abandon when he outed himself as an ugathite and ran into the muck haunts my dreams. Sometimes I wake at night thinking of his face.

I must train more. Or make some glass creation or other. It would not be good to continue this train of thought.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Colon V posted:

To explain, there's an alien character who's sweaty and obsessed with muscles and horses. His name is Equius.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing Bronzestabbed kill this whole broken family. It'll be a mercy to them and the world alike.

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to some work of culture or other called Equus...

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
for what it's worth I totally tried to game the system and sign up multiple bad munkies (1) :argh:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

14 Sandstone; Someyearorother
NineOfEight's Journal

Dear Journal; Life has been boring the past few overseers, it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. Maybe it's because of my crutch slowing me down, but I never seem to get into any of the good fights, and the glass furnaces seem to be more decorative than functional. Meanwhile I'm almost 21 and no good Dwarf bulging with muscles has seen fit to propose to swap spores with me. Am I ugly journal? I don't think so, I shed my childling weight long ago when I went through all that terrible fighting and training, so why am I so unapealling? Does my lack of foot disfigure me forever?

Well, I might as well ask our overseer. Maybe one of his strange papers holds the answer.

-Nine of Eight

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Opal 11th

Dear Diary. Today I was attempting to read the "Reproductive Regulations" by a cave opening. They were very heavy. Especially addendum 120-CA-9 "On proper sporing ettiquette" which is 4 slabs alone. I couldn't make heads or tails of them so I took a look at an attractive new dwarf named Steve. He had smiled at me a few days ago, and I could feel a twinge in my beard whenever I looked upon him.

Steve became a bad steve. Guess I'll have to keep looking.
Also I really should consider dropping the regulations. The other day a toddler passed me in the halls while carrying an anvil for the new forges...

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Note to self; next time I make a journal be sure to check facts. In meantime give no fucks and roll with my heavily confused dwarf.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Well, all things considered I'm honoured by the death I got, especially since I was expecting it far earlier when my Dwarf was revealed to be a 16 year old obese she-dwarf with no willpower. Farewell NineOfEight, you did well, losing a foot to a toad, beating a goblin to death with a crutch and dying with honour to a zombie dwarf's shield. I guess. Her only regret was not falling in love and marrying.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 23, 2013

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sure there'll be plenty of openings in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
He already said; via a pasture that was later dissolved.

• Locked thread