Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

I know this isn't quite political but it's my favorite thing when this happens.

I used to collect these until one of these "45 funny cats" type sites stole my collection, managed to make it go viral and literally based their whole existence/business model on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, this is a real mail they sent out.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Good idea for a scam. It will be educational for everyone who backs it!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Sir John Falstaff posted:

This seems like a really poorly conceived plan from the beginning, assuming their motives were the ones attributed to them in the Wikipedia article. Of course it won't have the same impact on white people as it would on a minority population with a long history of discrimination. It's the same reason "honkie" doesn't have the same impact as the n-word.

If all they intended to was create awareness of the problem, well, mission accomplished, I guess, but arguably they risk weakening their position if white people don't get upset about it.

What would be a good way to go where they wanted to go? "The Racists" with a non-skinhead, regular white guy mascot? "The Fightin' Hitlers" with a caricature of Ronald Reagan as the mascot? "The Inbreds"?

wayfinder fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 4, 2013

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Holy loving poo poo.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I like Facebook since I don't have to hunt for these things.

You know what? I like it. Let's run with it.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Dont post this nasty poo poo.

(Yes I know Günter Wallraff is not unproblematic himself)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

For those wondering, this is an ad for a play by the Back to Back Theatere, Ganesh vs The Third Reich. For Europeans it's playing in Strasbourg, Paris and Berlin in April, and for North Americans it will be playing in Chicago, Calgary and Montreal in May. I'm hoping to catch it at the MCA in Chicago if I can scrap together the cash for a trip up. Picture links to the website.

Americans who see that photo will think it's a buddy comedy.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Well folks, you saw it here first: Iran wants MO 9 11!

----------

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
It's pretty much a done deal that "should of" will be the correct way to write that in a few years, isn't it?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

az posted:

Flood in Germany surpassed 2002 record, water still rising, poo poo hosed.

Flood for the Flood God

Oh, and now there have been threats to blow up levees.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Short answer no. Longer answer it depends.

Keep in mind that there practically no wooden houses at all in Germany.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

dr.gigolo posted:

Mary's apparition to Juan Diego served to help the conversion of the native Mexicans to Catholicism. The symbolism of the Tilma itself is fascinating. The stars on Mary's tunic align with constellations in the sky that were in the same position as they were during the day of her apparition to Juan Diego. There are also figures visible in the eyes of Mary. Whatever is true and what isn't, its pretty amazing what people have come up with. Not too different from the shroud of Turin or many other religious artifacts.

Do you have a citation on the constellations thing?

------------------

When people break up on facebook:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

front wing flexing posted:

It's so hard being a white American :cry:

:confused:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Exclamation Marx posted:

Wasn't there one thread where you need to post a picture?

Like you did!

Election time in Zimbabwe. A farce, according to Mugabe's rival.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Gazpacho posted:

Muammar Gaddafi and Mama Gaddafi

Ummm I think you'll find that that is Ted Bundy.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

echomadman posted:

Paolo Bacigalupis The Windup Girl and Pump six and other stories are pretty good. His Ship Breaker YA series are set in a similar(maybe the same) world and depict a post gasoline, global warming inundated american eastern seaboard.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 14, 2013

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

zoux posted:

They're on the Science Committee because it's a worthless do-nothing committee and they can do no harm there. I get the irony or whatever but you'd rather have them there than on Appropriations.

Auctioned off for $100000+ apparently?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

the jizz taxi posted:

This novel is a pretty nice read and I think it features a lot of stuff that D&D regulars might enjoy, such as economics based on the Mondragon system, intersexed protagonists and musings on personhood and nanotechnology. The beginning is a little poorly written and the Big Reveal a bit of a letdown, but the novel's chock full of interesting nods and twists.

I am reading this at the moment :) Also a D&D read:

See how long you can hold out before you dream of regolith slurry!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

A map of countries Britain has never invaded.

.......YET

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Eduard_von_Schnitzler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_schwarze_Kanal

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Here's some pretty masterful propaganda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfzMnP3ilcI

(Youtube has captions in English)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

The Daily Mail, the newspaper that steals from charities http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608606/No-ID-no-checks-vouchers-sob-stories-The-truth-shock-food-bank-claims.html

Not sure how giving food to people who claim to be starving is a bad thing, but either way good job Ross Slater, you thieving oval office.

NO QUESTIONS ASKED*

*questions asked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Smirr posted:

Gonna walk the length of this tonight while drinking copious amounts of beer. It's gonna own.

Here's Erich Honecker (first from right) with some really hosed up looking cats he shot:

Between the Wall festivities and the GDL strike, traffic in the city was severely aggravating these past days

(German train conductor union is striking to prevent a pushover union getting to represent their people, predictably everyone hates on the strong union for the inconvenience, instead of on the employer)

• Locked thread