Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

douche ex machina
Oct 31, 2008

SC Bracer posted:

Does the Gameboy Advance count as obsolete now?

I bought one in 2002, and it was my first ever console (god I'm young). That thing is heavy as gently caress compared to my DS, and is pretty much built like a tank. I slipped on some water on the floor once, and launched it across the room - still worked just fine. My brother dropped it from the second floor window and the only thing that happened to it was that we lost the bit that covered the batteries. Even after all the abuse I've piled on it, it still works like a charm.

Even the thing's games were durable. My dog tried to eat my Harry Potter game when she was a puppy, and it still played just fine. Despite the huge holes in the plastic casing.

I left my GBA out in summer heat for about two weeks once when I went on vacation with family. I came back and ants had started building a house inside the game slot; literally there was a minute anthill inside of it. Shook them out, cleaned it up and despite the screen being a little discolored from all the sun absorption the thing worked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU