Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Oh man for like a good five years there the market for the most extravagant shiny ridiculous blinky button filled stereo faces imaginable was a huge deal. I had completely forgotten about that and how stupid it seems looking back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

It took me like a week of trying to download those linux ISOs overnight in the 90s over dialup before it finally succeeded without some problem. I had just paid around $500 for a CD burner and blank CD-Rs were $9.99 each if I recall correctly, getting that ISO finally burnt successfully was quite an achievement. Then I installed it and of course nothing worked at all because drivers.

At some point later I got that lovely Wired CueCat thing working on linux and that was my peak accomplishment when it came to wasting time on lovely technologies for no reason. And then the CueCat site got hacked and they sent me a $10 gift certificate to Radio Shack to make up for that.

Pryor on Fire has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Feb 10, 2015