Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

They're all pretty close to the back anyway. And, like I've said, technically, Marauder didn't break any rules. I didn't make the rule forbidding alt accounts until Marauder-League VII, and he never took an extra point when building his new teams (because that option didn't exist back then). You may not like what Marauder did, but as far as I can tell, he came by every single one of his wins honestly. And, again, he deserves credit for fooling all of us for so long.
Applying the Marauder filter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Oh, also change the park dimensions, I want to make it difficult for righties to pull the ball. Something like 380-400-410-375-340.

Cheers.

:siren: Trade

Cultists sell 1935 Bob Johnson to the Penguins for their 2nd round super draft pick and Mark Langston 1987.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 24, 2013

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Penguins accept the trade with the Cultists of their 2nd rounder and Mark Langston for 1935 Bob Johnson.

New Lineup:

1. Ichiro Suzuki, RF
2. Chipper Jones, 3B
3. Alex Rodriguez, SS
4. Albert Pujols, 1B
5. Ryne Sandberg, 2B
6. Bob Johnson, LF
7. Bryce Harper, CF
8. Kurt Suzuki, C
9. Pitcher

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

:allears: That is fantastic.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Monicro Owns.
Marauder owns.
Super League owns.

This is the best LP.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

And before anyone asks, yeah, I'm going to let Marauder keep all five spots. Why? Well, as far as I can tell, we've always had room for them, he's never, to my knowledge, made any sort of unfair trades between his teams and, at the end of the day, I find a five-team alliance of evil to be...fascinating.

Give Super League XI the Corporate Division, put all of Marauder's active teams in it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

:argh: :argh: You know what I don't even care anymore. It's just funny to me now. Also he didn't get the extra point, so I won't even bitch about the cheating.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

CraigK posted:

Give Super League XI the Corporate Division, put all of Marauder's active teams in it

Unironically this.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

alpha_destroy posted:

Uhh... Haha, continuing my inability to type dates, that is supposed to be 1961 Berra not 1981 Berra. I am inept. I picked him up in a trade a long tome ago for 2005 Nomar. So can we get that fixed or am I gonna be punished for being super dumb?

Edit: Also I want to send down Robby Thompson and Call up Will Clark.

This was alpha_destroy's last post in this thread, June 5th. He hasn't posted anywhere since June 16th, over a week ago.

I'm out for the rest of the day and won't be back until this evening. For purposes of keeping the draft moving, my pick is 1995 Manny Ramirez, or in the unlikely event that alpha_destroy miraculously returns and picks Manny, 1989 Tony Gwynn.

You all can proceed with the draft as soon as Smasher makes a decision regarding alpha_destroy.

Also, I like the idea of sticking all of marauder's teams in the same division to fight it out.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Hey! I told everybody not to pick Manny. Jerk.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Pick 'em: We Are All Marauader

Triple Crown Championship
Detroit Falcons (c) @ Rochester Generics

Intercontinental Championship
Montreal Manatees (c) @ Fukuoka Finger-Bangers

Canadian Championship
Queens Mercuries @ Cuba Batmen (c)

Heavyweight Championship
Coburns (c) @ Indianapolis Generals

Hardcore-Television Championships
Lousville Muggers @ Akabira Killer Mikes (c)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

Monathin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 24, 2013

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

So, this happened...

Yeah, it turns out that Marauder was secretly Archie Goodwin.

And Warm Sarsaparilla.

And Viscount Slim.

And NotThatSamBeckett.

So, uh, I guess Marauder technically has a grand total of five spots in the Super-League, with NotThatSamBeckett and Archie Goodwin eligible for the next expansion cup, somehow.

Huh.

What the absolute, all-encompassing, sweet merciful gently caress?!

Well loving played, Marauder.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Detroit Falcons (c)

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers

Canadian Championship
Cuba Batmen (c)

Heavyweight Championship
Coburns (c)

Akabira Killer Mikes (c)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm not sure if it's funnier that Marauder has spent at least $50 on accounts at SA or if endless Marauder re-regs are the only way that Smasher can field a full league half the time.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

factorialite posted:

I'm not sure if it's funnier that Marauder has spent at least $50 on accounts at SA

I mean, it was that, or continue to feed my dried llama foetus addiction....

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

How the hell did you even figure this out?

Anyway
Pick 'em: We Are All Marauder

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Wow. I'm impressed, Marauder.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

The Merry Marauder posted:

Just think of all the Fresca that $50 can buy

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

factorialite posted:

I'm not sure if it's funnier that Marauder has spent at least $50 on accounts at SA or if endless Marauder re-regs are the only way that Smasher can field a full league half the time.

I'm not sure if it's sadder that you are still in this league despite clearly despising its operator, or if you still think shots like:

factorialite posted:

Just think of all the Fresca that $50 can buy

are still funny.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Manatees and Killer Mikes keep, all other titles change hands.

Edit: Misread the Coburns matchup; they keep as well.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 24, 2013

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

The Merry Marauder posted:

Woah dude. Not cool.

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rochester Generics
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Cuba Batmen (c)
Coburns (c)
Akabira Killer Mikes (c)

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Pick 'em

Champs win, except Manatees and Mikes.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Rochester Generics

Montreal Manatees (c)

Canadian Championship
Queens Mercuries

Heavyweight Championship
Coburns (c)

Akabira Killer Mikes (c)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick 'em: We Are All Marauder

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

#1 Ryleh Cultists vs. #16 Cuba Smokers

Capsule Summary: From beyond the grave to your computer screen come the Ryleh Cultists, who were slain by the Macho Men when they decided to enter the Super-Lottery because, for all of his statistical genius, CthulhuDreams is but a man, a man with ambitions and dreams, and is it not the nature of ambitions and dreams, at times, to lead men astray from the virtuous path and straight onto perdition? The Cultists died not because it was their fate, but because it is the nature of man to look at what he holds and to demand more, only to have his own greed destroy him. The Cuba Smokers are the team from Cuba that was not the Batmen. I'm pretty sure they had other attributes. Looking at their logo, they had a shark smoking a cigar, presumably a Cuban cigar. I can only assume that the team was just a front to allow their owner to smuggle in cigars from Cuba over the American-Canadian border. Therefore, when measuring the team's success, in addition to looking at wins and losses, you have to consider the percentage of smuggling runs that ended with arrests by customs.

This should haven't taken the Cultists five games to win, and I'm sure CthulhuDreams is going to start telling about how his lineup isn't arranged correctly, and demanding I fix it for the next round. But as the entire cup has already been simmed, those protests will fall on deaf ears.

Result: Cultists in Five

#8 San Juan Elephants vs. #9 Power Rangers

Capsule Summary: I don't really care about this matchup, because whoever wins is going to get demolished by the cultists next round anyway. But let me explain that in Power Ranger terms so that I can appear to be giving a drat. You see, at the end of the first season of the Power Rangers, the company that made the show had run out of Japanese footage to use for the fight scenes. Now, they had checked into paying the Japanese company to make more fight scenes, but the cost was prohibitively expensive, and the show the fight scenes were culled from had been gone off the air about two years prior at that point. So, instead, they just had a new monster destroy the team's giant robots, and then had the team's alien mentor magically pull a new bunch of robots out of his rear end that the team could use, robots that just happened to be those from another Japanese show that they could cull fight scenes from. The moral of the story is that...frankly, I don't care, after writing so many Capsule Summaries, I just don't care.

They've got a power and a force you've never seen before
They've got the ability to morph and to even up the score
No one will ever bring them down
The power lies on their si-i-i-i-i-ide!
Go, go Power Rangers!
You Mighty Morphin, Cultist Victims, go!

Result: Rangers in Five

#5 Detroit Switchblades vs. #12 Hartford Whalers

Capsule Summary: Bizarrely, lonelywurm, the owner of the Switchblades, wasn't even from Detroit, he just decided it would be fun to put his team there. That makes him the only person in the last fifty years to voluntarily associate himself with the city of Detroit. The Switchblades were supposed to be based around using a ton of switch-hitters, but lonelywurm didn't pick the best feeder teams for that, and so it ended up in kind of a mess, and he only survived because no one else in his division had even a .500 record. The Hartford Whalers are from Hartford, a tragic little town in Connecticut that fancied itself a big-league city right up until the point where the Whalers were taken from them and moved to Carolina, where they don't even have ice, let alone hockey. Since then, the people of Hartford have been inconsolable, as well they should be.

Seriously, mks5000, first you lose the Hitmen to the Super-Lottery, and now your other team gets bounced from the Super-cup to a team that starts Alvin Davis by necessity. I can't think of any owner having a worse week in the Super-League.

Result: Switchblades in Four

#4 Montreal Manatees vs. #13 Akabira Killer Mikes

Capsule Summary: Two teams currently in the Super-League, so that's kind of interesting. The Montreal Manatees are based on around power at the plate and power at the mound. I'm not sure that's quite good enough to get them a championship, but they made the playoffs last season and have had a strong start this year, so I suppose there's a chance that they might make it. The Akabira Killer Mikes took an oath to build offense first always, and while that may have made sense in the dark alleys of Akabira, in the Super-League, I can't help think that they need another pitcher or two to reach that next level. And by 'next level' I mean, 'the level that doesn't involve getting relegated in the latter rounds of the Gauntlet.' Also, I have no idea where 'Akabira' is, other than it's probably somwhere in Japan, and I don't know what a Killer Mike is, although I've always hated the name 'Michael' and anyone with that name.

Well, giving up six runs in the eighth inning of a tie game that you needed to win to survive tends to be a problem, but that's just what the Mikes did, and so the Manatees will move on to the next round.

Result: Manatees in Four

#3 Framingham Fillies vs. #14 Albany Pessimists

Capsule Summary: In Super-League I, the Framingham Fillies made the finals. I'm not sure if they were really any good, because tehre were no good teams in Super-League I, but I guess they were the best of a bad lot. Then again, they only got that far because their owner either made a mistake when picking feeders or cheated and ended up with way more points of feeder teams than he should have gotten. Of course, beyond pilfering talent, he wasn't much of an owner, and the team stagnated, and eventually got killed after Super-League III. Still, they do have Pujols and some decent pitchers, so they've got a chance. The Albany Pessimists weren't very good, and their owner knew they weren't very good, and so he spent his one season in the Super-League telling me over and over how not good his team was. Which, fine, they were, but he never actually tried to make them better. And then they got relegated. The end.

Hubbell happens, and the Pessimists pull off the biggest upset so far!

Result: Pessimists in Four

#6 Petaluma Goose Eggs vs. #11 Motor City Bengals

Capsule Summary: Let's just say this match is between two long-time veterans of the Expansion Cup. The Petaluma Goose Eggs were an odd team. They didn't have great hitters, made even worse when Armitage decided to trade away Jimmie Foxx for a sack of magic beans, and then made a rather unsatisfying chili from those beans, only to discover that he had neither cornbread nor cheddar cheese to serve with the chili, amplifying the tragedy. They played in a stadium that killed offense, which masked some of the problems but, in the end, the didn't have enough talent to stay in the league longer than a single season. The Motor City Bengals were another one of cbx's teams. I couldn't tell you where they fit in the cbx-chronology for sure, but I think they slot in between the Original Riots and Splinter Cells. Bizarrely, they had a very similar roster to the Splinter Cells, a team that replaced them as part of a long...you know what, let me shorten this up a bit: They didn't have enough hitting, they didn't have enough pitching (Lolich probably isn't good enough to start in the Super-League), and then they died.

When Armitage's penchant for building doomed teams meets cbx's tendency to create teams with high infant mortality rates, you know something has to give, and cbx will take the win here, as their flawed roster was good enough to get them by Armitage's team without skilled players.

Result: Bengals in Four

#7 Deadwood Cutthroats vs. #10 Polyarny Postmodernist

Capsule Summary: So, it's getting close to a decade since Deadwood went off the air, and I guess that there's not much chance of any of those promised tv movies to finish off the story anymore, is there? I mean, we're just well past the point where that would be feasible. Which is kind of problem, because the last episode of the show had Hearst finally buying up the only gold mine in town he didn't own and then riding off triumphantly, which wasn't exactly the best way in the world to end things, unless the central message of the show was, "Money beats everything." Granted, that's an accurate message, but it's not really something you'd want to build a story around, because it would just be super-depressing. And Deadwood wasn't about depression, it was about swearing and whoring, and people getting kicked in the head by horses. It was also about Ian McShane giving long-rambling monologues that made sense as long as you didn't think about them at all. Truly, it was a magical show.

Tonight on Deadwood, the Cutthroats get eliminated one more time, and are never seen again! And then Al Swearangen makes some weird speech about free will or something as Seth Bullock clenches his jaw because he is angry about everything.

Result: Postmodernists in Five

#2 Queens Mercuries (v2) vs. #15 Seattle Suicides

Capsule Summary: The Queens Mercuries (v2) defy all logic. They don't have the best hitting, or the best pitching, and their fielding is okay, but hardly great but, because they're well-balanced, and they've got Ted Williams anchoring the middle of their lineup, the team somehow works. At least it has through its first two seasons, who knows what the future holds. The Seattle Suicides had Babe Ruth and Ted Williams and turned them in 90 losses, which is kind of impressive when you think about it. Then again, the big problem with the Suicides was that they spent all of their points to get Babe Ruth and Ted Williams, and apparently assumed that all a team needed to be dominant was two good hitters.

Did anyone pick the Suicides? Pungry did? drat it, Pungry, you know that was never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to work. Stop doing things wrong!

Result: Mercuries in Four

Updated Bracket

Super-League X, Week 10 Injury Report

Antarctica Unspecifieds
Paul Waner (RF) (UNDER THE DOME!) - 23 days

Automatons
Randy Johnson (SP) (Just kind of wandered off one day) - 13 days

Carolina Llamas
Albert Pujols (1B) (Inspired by his owner, attempted to fly on back of llama. Tragedy resulted) - 31 days

Cleveland Unicorns
Mickey Tettleton (C) (gently caress. loving gently caress fucker.) - 23 days

Coburns
Sonny Siebert (SP) (Did not take news of Marauder conspiracy well) - 93 days

Cuba Batmen
Brian Downing (C) (The Charles Johnson Funtime Experience begins now!) - 95 days

Florida Oranges
Joe Mauer (C) (Hit by an anvil) - 13 days

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Also did not take news of Marauder conspiracy well) - 31 days

Galactic Wanderers
Steve Howe (RP) (Tainted Blow) - 13 days
Honus Wagner (SS) (Also had some of Howe's tainted blow) - 15 days

Indianapolis Generals
Bobby Doerr (2B) (AWOL) - 9 days

Juneau Juggernauts
Joe Jackson (OF) (Made a bad bet) - 9 days

Leicester Hunchbacks
Clay Carroll (RP) (Carroll Count: 1!) - 12 days

Queens Mercuries
Francisco Rodriguez (RP) (Lost fistfight with image of himself he saw in a mirror) - 20 days

Canadian Championship

Heavyweight Championship

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Automatons pick Ty Cobb, who will set in the minors for the rest of the year, probably.

Wanderers pick Manny Ramirez.

Dragons are on the clock.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
You know why they used to call Steve Bedrosian "Bedrock"? Because he sucks.

I got nothin'

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Regarding all this Super-League sleuthing, I say all of Marauder's teams should be stuck in the same division together next season and onward. IMO, it's kind of crap that he is given the potential to win several divisions and have several teams in the playoffs at once. Especially considering he seems to be the most knowledgeable owner I know of and has made some very loving good teams. It's just kind of unfair to the new owners that they're given even less of a chance of success by having such a good owner in so many divisions. I think new owners have it hard enough to begin with, and new owners finding some success will definitely encourage them to stick around for another season or two.

Just what I think. I'm not incensed in any way, as I find the whole idea to be pretty hilarious as I'm imagining an old-timey villain with multiple disguises such as several fake mustache/glasses and hat combos ruling the league from the shadows of his corporate empire where he has decided once and for all to conquer the Super League.

Anyway, I've been in a real bad way lately so I'll be following this draft and hoping I get the opportunity to draft as planned. In the event I might not, I'll hop on IRC and let Smasher know who I want in advance so I don't hold you guys up.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Damnit Pujols, I told you that you weren't ready for the flying llama yet, why did you ignore me? I'll wait until the week 10 report to see if some of the other guys are back from their injuries before I mess with my lineup though.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress it, Marauder's been running five teams better than any of us (save TK in the Skyhawk years) have managed to run one.

Now, if you're one of the owners that got relegated in the last round of the Gauntlet that would've survived had one of many Marauder teams not filled the expansion class, then you have a legitimate gripe but still, his teams aren't getting relegated and he's less than half-assing each and every one of them, mathematically speaking.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

As much as I want to see an All-Marauder playoffs, putting all his teams in the same division does seem like the right way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

What we really need is an all star game; the all marauder team vs the rest of the league team.