Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

benzine posted:

I used more the mouse in that game that in Diablo II, very good only if you have free time.

...and your interests include boredom, carpal tunnel syndrome and repetition. Also boredom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PenguinKnight posted:

Yeah, I agree; the Mafia Wars "you gotta have energy to do stuff, BUY ENERGY" system blows. BrickWall4's my username, add me peeps.

e:also the game doesn't pause when you are at a loading screen and click away. I just lost 4 energy because of that :saddowns:

I guess next week they're losing the energy system except for PvP so it will be less like Zynga and more like a fun game.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

For anyone's who's interested, they've finally removed the need for energy for non-PVP missions, as well as upped the amount of exp and gold you get for killing stuff and some other changes.

quote:

- Leveling curve past 28 rebalanced, should be smoother now.

That's all I needed to hear. poo poo was ridiculous before.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hsien-Ko posted:

Does anyone know some good room escape type of games? Also I'm trying to find a neat flash game I played a few years ago where you have to take apart a radio.

I just pulled one at random off of the OP's awesome blog of timewastiness and remember it being kinda fun.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/struma/gateway-ii

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Into Space 2 (LCH)

Almost the same as the first, but they've added missions that are necessary for unlocking the ability to buy components.

Last time I played it it slows down to the point of unplayability and the top comments were "fix the memory leak."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not a Flash game, I know, but Happy Halloween bump.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CyberLord XP posted:

I just tried this and the code was invalid. Did anyone get it to work?

Sorry about that, I used it and immediately got an email with a download link. And the give-away hasn't expired yet. Maybe go through whatever rigamarole they want you to do and get another? :shrug:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
New Liquid Measure with more plumbing than ever. I haven't even finished the tutorial levels so I can't speak to the challenge of the later puzzles but the interface is much smoother than the previous three.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Berzerk Ball 2 (LCH)

Kinda frustrating at the earlier stages, but aren't all launch games?

That one was frustrating through and through but if you want to get blitzed and listen to music while playing a one button (two if you count the occasional ultimate smash) game it's not bad.

The Buffalo Bison mini-game is loving hateful though.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Robzor McFabulous posted:

No kidding it gets hard. The last level was a bitch, nailed it in the end though.

It's perfect that it acknowledges itself as a metroidvania game because that double jumping part was almost as frustrating as those loving bomb jump thumb killers from Metroid.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Frot Lesnar posted:

I thought the gooniest game would have been Clarence's big chance.

I'm gonna have to agree on this. That character was straight out of the bachelor thread.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

Particle-physics puzzle game wherein you draw on the screen to funnel particles into a receptacle, in case anyone's curious and doesn't want to sit through an ad for toothpaste or whatever just to find out. :)

I'm pretty sure there are several versions of that on Kongregate and Armor that are ad free except for the splash screen too.

I use adblock though so it might be one of those things that I don't see like youtube ads.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pandaK posted:

It also takes a lot less time to finish. An afternoon is enough to complete it all.

Is there an end game? Because I have all the huts (and other buildings) I can build and all my trips down the old dusty trail end up with me dying even though I've made all the equipment (canteen, armor, spear etc.)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Preview edit ^^^: I didn't play Candybox :shrug:

dis astranagant posted:

It wasn't so much that as your kind invaded, took everything they could and left. you ended up stranded somehow and eventually find a way off this miserable rock

And after your unexpected and hopefully successful ufo ride (holy crap this is a lightweight shmup), the game resets.

Hot tip you can't equip two spears, swords, rifles, etc at once but you can equip every weapon of a different type simultaneously. The drop box for the rifle/bullet will get in the way of your meat button :xd: and as you run out of bolas and bullets and such the buttons move around in a highly annoying fashion but I'd still recommend the game if you're bored.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
That actually reminds me a bit of Strider except without the sliding.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

This may be a tall order, as I am genuinely not sure if I remember playing this game, or if it was just part of a fevered dream.

Escape the room type game, I think. Maybe a sort of pencil sketchy motif? And I think you're wandering around a house, maybe trying to get together some coins before some sort of sketchy shadow monster things catches up with you? So you maybe have an unknown number of limited moves or time, and if you take too long doing whatever it is you're doing, the sketchy shadow things catches up to you and ???...and maybe the thing was repelled a little by light? Or just slowed down for a moment?

It's kind of freaking me out so I'm guessing it was a dream maaaaaybe based on something, but it keeps giving me the goosebumps. Anyhow, if this actually is real, I'd sure love a link. I know I probably won't have any luck with a description like that, but sometimes goons are scary good at finding lost internet things...

Daymare Town or one of the other Daymare games?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

I remember that one, and I don't think that was it. Whatever it is I'm imagining had more of a claustrophobic feeling. I'm getting pretty sure it was just the aforementioned fevered dream. :(

Was there a lighthouse?

Or was it that vampire one where you die at the end if you don't have all your ducks in a row?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

Oh poo poo, it might have been that one with the lighthouse, I have some vague memories of that. I think you start off in a cave?

Deep Sleep?

Unfortunately it is more pixel art than sketch style like the Daymare games. v0v

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I can't remember exactly but CCleaner can wipe it for you anyway.

CCleaner is one of those free programs that are just amazingly great. Up there with Revo Uninstaller, Sublime Text and Irfanview.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Anaconda Rifle posted:

You can always get more.

I seemed to find enough chocolate bars to enchant for the pink and red gloves, the armor, the monkey staff, the spoon, the spear and maybe some other things and have enough left over to make 5 pain au chocolats to throw in the well to buff stats.

Also I stayed up all night beating that stupid game and all I have to show for it is feeling kind of lovely.

Here is a time waster to thank the thread for that: Meth Clicker.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

I have the P, L, and Y stones but I'm missing #3. Help please!!

I want to say that was the last one I got and that it involved killing something. Possibly the devil dude that you're sent to when you ask the dragon for a 'challenge'? I used the boots of introspection + healing to stay away from him and a ranged weapon + black demons to kill it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Robot Randy posted:

Another question, though. How do I defeat the developer?

I got him with either a combination of a lot of health, unenchanted knight armor the scythe and berserk.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TrampolineTales posted:

That's a good point, I'll add that in v1.1.1

Also, "Hail to the King, Baby" just makes me think of the Evil Dead movies and the Dreamcast game of the same name instead of Duke Nukem, which I assume was the answer your game was looking for.

It's like saying "Game over, man" was from Major Stryker instead of Aliens and later Aliens based bideo james.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQPErWkWAk

Sorry for the pedantry.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pandaK posted:

Anyone remember those games where you just dug up dirt and harvested gems? Specifically remember one where you dug with giant fuckoff lasers and one where each block of dirt was a harvestable material that you had to conveyor belt to your base. Also you could jetpack to space in the second one.

E: Oh, the second one is Dig-N-Rig which I found on the freeware thread.

Glean 2

Or Glean the first?

There are a lot of games like this but I just recently got really bored and went on Kong and looked up new achievements and they referred me to that and I remember sucking at it really bad.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

You shouldn't ever have to do that.

Save it for queen Dopplepopolis.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wet Bandit posted:

Anyone wanna play the game of finding the last link I had updated with so I can start updating the thread again? Your name could be mentioned in this thread's very title!!! :cheers:

(just need the page number and name)

ed:spellang goods

I'm not sure what you're asking here but did you know that by clicking the '?' under your avatar you can read your post history in this thread?

Again, not sure if I'm helping, but there's that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sucrose posted:

I remember a two-player game from a long time ago where you drew cards or something like that, and used them to build a tower in the middle of the screen. You had to get your tower to the top before theirs, and different cards had different effects. Ring any bells?

Castle Wars?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/randomnine/cardinal-quest-2

Cardinal Quest 2. Tons of fun. I'm more inclined to call it indie turn-based Diablo than a straight up roguelike though.

3 acts, 6 classes, lots of magic and abilities to play around with. The difficulty can be kind of uneven however. Act 1 took me 24 tries, act 2 took 1, the end of act 3 is nigh impossible seems nigh impossible.

Huh. This is one of the very very few iOS games they have on m.kongregate.com that I discovered when I was looking up Castle Wars on my phone for that person's question on the last page.

The inventory system is a little minimalist but it plays okay.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Nice job OP.

The definitive work on the subject.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

I just started giving everyone the turing test. Although it kind of backfired since everyone immediately guessed I was human

quote:

me: Hello world

them: hello

m: Respondez sil'vous plait?

t: what are you smoking?

m: Will you consume sandwiches from my compartment?

t: my neural network cannot process that.

game: You won! You and your partner were chatting against bots, not each other, but your partner guessed that they were chatting with a human. Nice job stalling and being indecisive!

I don't get it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

I know I've seen those art assets somewhere before. Some adventure rpg thing.

It was on Kongregate and I played that shamepile for a couple of months until a friend caught me doing it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rita Repulsa posted:

"Browser games" would be the catchall term.

Well how the hell can I play this game on iOS then?

Reverse racism, IMHO.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drat that's fun. (and I got all the cheevos in March of 2011 :( )

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

This is a really well done game. Very reminiscent of Treasure Adventure Game.

Came here to say as much.

Been playing it on and off for the last few days and really enjoyed it (still haven't beaten the final boss but I'm close.)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

One who is Rad posted:

Yeah, he'll just bug out within a week. You get a two day warning before he leaves you though.

I tried to go the long way back to the base and then left for cotton, right to sell it and by the time I got the warning I was 72 hours out of Dekar. I stopped playing after I couldn't find him at his home village.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Aphasian posted:

I found this art game, The Coop Times, where you play a journalist given writing prompts and a short deadline, tasked with writing stories containing references to the prompts with minimal swears and no ability to backspace due to the fact you are writing on a typewriter.
http://www.linebreakcollective.com/hosted-projects/the-coop-times/game/
I didn't realize until later that it saves all the stories written: http://www.linebreakcollective.com/hosted-projects/the-coop-times/paper/

Nice.

If you are in need of a very tedious idle game Swarm Simulator is one.

There is an SA, well Goonwaffe, reference in it as well if that does it for you.

Been playing it for three weeks now and am nowhere near the top tier bugs.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I basically want no control at all.

Just grab an xbone controller in one hand, put on professional wrassling and do whatever feels natural with the other hand

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

M. Propagandalf posted:

The Submachine Series concludes today with number 10, The Exit:

http://www.mateuszskutnik.com/submachine/sub_10.php

Concludes? Wow.

I hope they will compile that into a mobile game some day. Bet they'd make money on the long strange trip.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I know it's no star citizen but they should kickstart or otherwise find a way to get that on to iOS.

Great games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

Always ask if they're a cop.

I did that but then I had 25 monsters and all my cash taken because the neighbors called me in.

I'm the real monster :negative:

• Locked thread