Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah I am resetting multiple times a day now. It takes about 20 minutes to get almost to where I was before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Eventually you can't click fast enough to get back to where you were.

I'm almost done...almost...

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Didn't we just create a thread for idle games discussion?

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

diarmuidqq posted:

Eventually you can't click fast enough to get back to where you were.

I'm almost done...almost...

Not quite almost, i thought the same thing too at that point. Now my total cash is 2.7 novendecillion with 4.29 septillion investers with only 1057 newspaper stands. Its just stupid at this point how much the stands increase in price.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ExtremeODD posted:

Not quite almost, i thought the same thing too at that point. Now my total cash is 2.7 novendecillion with 4.29 septillion investers with only 1057 newspaper stands. Its just stupid at this point how much the stands increase in price.

:frogsiren: There's an incremental game thread, for incremental game discussion, posted on the previous page!

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
Getting to 1100 newspapers is a task that takes multiple days and resets after everything else is done. Still haven't made it

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Getting to 1100 newspapers is a task that takes multiple days and resets after everything else is done. Still haven't made it

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Why not post a flash game you want to discuss, instead of just whining when someone brings up you don't?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Strike Force Kitty (UP). You are controlling a group of four kittens fighting against foxes wearing costumes that are references to popular culture. The kittens keep running right and all you can do is jump up or down and equip costume parts from defeated foxes to make them stronger. Pretty grindy.

What's people's opinion here about Strike Force Kitty?

I've been playing for a few hours and I haven't been crying.

Edit: Forget how you're supposed to recommend flash games in this thread. Apologies, been a very long time since I last visited.

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Aug 7, 2014

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

User-Friendly posted:

Why not post a flash game you want to discuss, instead of just whining when someone brings up you don't?

Because incremental games make up an extraordinarily high percentage of this thread, and finding the non-poo poo is getting more annoying as a result.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

toanoradian posted:

I've been playing for a few hours and I haven't been crying.

Does it still have the really bad memory leaks? I was alright with the questionable costume organizational system but i got pretty tired of having to reload the page every few minutes in order to keep it playable.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It laaaaags super badly on my laptop, but almost every game lags a lot on my laptop. I got pretty tired with collecting the costumes, though. I'm trying to complete the collection for the second area (Bender's costume is notoriously difficult to get on my run) and I always got to the end with two or one kitten surviving. My god, waiting for either Foxbazer to kill my lone surviving kitten or vice versa was painful.

I wanted to ask for equipment tips. I basically just put the Nyan Cat uniform for the +22 Health and then just equip anything that adds to strength to the first cat, second-best equipment (strength and health-wise) to the second cat, third cat got the highest frequency and stuck to ranged weapons, and fourth cat being the healer.

EDIT: It doesn't lag for the computer at my university library, so maybe it's fixed?

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 11:19 on Aug 7, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

My final team ended up being Smuggler, Cragman, Cherry and Rinku. 50% block is really strong and a good fish attractor will quickly make the stats on your gear pointless. I probably should have used Indie instead of Cragman, more bullets in the air are better than more damage per bullet.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

toanoradian posted:

Strike Force Kitty

Now I remember why I quit this game. Jumping works sometimes and only when it wants to. And the lag oh god the lag.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Add to that:
  • No change in theme even at the ending. Heck, is there only one theme?
  • That last boss was off the scale in terms of how easy it is.
  • When lead kitten jump, it is possible for the other kittens to get stuck on the lower levels. If those kittens die, you're stuck.
  • If you run from the first stage to the end, the ending doesn't show up.

I mean, the upgrading system I feel has merit, but the lags and the bugs is really annoying. Its music is subpar, its graphics is rough, its sound effects are too basic, its difficulty curve a bell curve and by god, its lags, my god, whatever happened there?

It had kittens though so 10/10

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

toanoradian posted:

I mean, the upgrading system I feel has merit, but the lags and the bugs is really annoying. Its music is subpar, its graphics is rough, its sound effects are too basic, its difficulty curve a bell curve and by god, its lags, my god, whatever happened there?

If I were to guess, I'd say that the entire level, enemies and all, loads all at once and simply scrolls to the left, so at any given point the entire level is being processed at the same time. No way to confirm that, mind you.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
You folks should know that there's a sequel to Caravaneer, and the Beta has just been released: http://www.gamesofhonor.com/caravaneer-2

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Anyone know the game where you trade supplies back and forth on what is basically a ship on land? It was 2-d and you'd fight other ships and get crews. I thought it was caravaneer but thats not it.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Just The Facts posted:

Anyone know the game where you trade supplies back and forth on what is basically a ship on land? It was 2-d and you'd fight other ships and get crews. I thought it was caravaneer but thats not it.

Frontier?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Yessssssssssss, thank you!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
It's old, but I love it to pieces...

http://www.kongregate.com/games/theswain/mastermind-world-conquerer?acomplete=theswain

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drat that's fun. (and I got all the cheevos in March of 2011 :( )

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

You folks should know that there's a sequel to Caravaneer, and the Beta has just been released: http://www.gamesofhonor.com/caravaneer-2

This game seems fun but due to crashes I may never know

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
It is really irritating.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

How the hell do you meet Lois in 12 hours I could not time the thing properly.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Me, neither. I was excited about the game at first, but as I started playing it, I remembered all the things I hated about the first one. None of that poo poo has changed. It honestly isn't worth putting time into.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Quantum of Light (PU)

Simple puzzle game where you redirect light beams to a goal.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Are there any notable games that are relatively simple that involve shooting for distance and possibly also stars?

Sub-Machine Goon
Mar 19, 2009

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Quantum of Light (PU)

The game itself is fine, but a lot of the physics "facts" are wrong/inaccurate.
:goonsay:

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

MildManeredManikin posted:

Are there any notable games that are relatively simple that involve shooting for distance and possibly also stars?

Being Juba the Sniper.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Quantum of Light (PU)

I was stuck on the last loving level of this game for so long before I finally realized that you can rotate the prism

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
http://gridland.doublespeakgames.com/

Gridland is a cool puzzle Survival/RPG. Really neat mechanic, and one of those games where the fun comes from figuring out the buildings and icons.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Lockback posted:

http://gridland.doublespeakgames.com/

Gridland is a cool puzzle Survival/RPG. Really neat mechanic, and one of those games where the fun comes from figuring out the buildings and icons.

Server is getting hosed - but it's worthwhile to mention that these are the same guys that made A Dark Room.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Phoenotopia : 2-D Action-adventure game. Very Zelda-ish/classic RPG stuff.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/644696

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
http://mogera.jp/gameplay?gid=gm0000001963

It's about balancing things on top of a rotating cylinder or something.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

PhazonLink posted:

Phoenotopia : 2-D Action-adventure game. Very Zelda-ish/classic RPG stuff.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/644696

This is a really well done game. Very reminiscent of Treasure Adventure Game.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

This is a really well done game. Very reminiscent of Treasure Adventure Game.

Came here to say as much.

Been playing it on and off for the last few days and really enjoyed it (still haven't beaten the final boss but I'm close.)

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I tried to get into that twice, but after the third section where I had to talk to everyone to find the NPC that flipped the magic flag to let me actually keep progressing and doing stuff I decided to drop it.

Unless the game's about to actually open up and also make the combat way less stilted and awkward I can't really see myself going back to it.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Somewhat related, why does Newgrounds never work for me? In IE9, it loads the video ad and then goes white, and in Chrome it doesn't load at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Sneeing Emu posted:

Somewhat related, why does Newgrounds never work for me? In IE9, it loads the video ad and then goes white, and in Chrome it doesn't load at all.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash, resetting your browser settings, and updating your graphics drivers.

• Locked thread