Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I guess your WJ didn't come with a factory tow package? There is a pretty decent write up here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/wj-radiator-replacement-write-up-w-pics-530365/

Hope to see more pics of your rust free WJ. So jealous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I ended up being cheap and just replacing all of the sockets and the rest of the bulbs with regular bulbs. So far so good. I did use some Dorman sockets. The bulbs click in much more solidly than they did in the old ones, but I used some of the old gaskets since some of the Dorman ones left the socket itself kind of loose.

Did the transmission fluid and filters on the 545RFE in the WJ. Reminded me how much I hate prying off pans slathered in RTV; there's not much room to get anything in to pry, since you have the engine, exhaust, front driveshaft, and transmission crossmember all hanging out below it. It didn't fight me too much, but I did spend a stupid amount of time doing it.

At least I saved my future self some time. Replaced the pan with a Dorman pan with a drain plug, and used a rubber gasket instead of RTV.

Loved the rubber gasket myself! Wish I'd bought the trans pan with a plug myself, but it wasn't in stock and my pan needed changing like, bad.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Someone offers a better clearanced crossmember, sits pretty much flush with the frame I believe.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I'd bet it's sitting a smidge higher than 2 inches, mine has settled quite a bit from where they were just after I put the coils and shocks on. Looks very nice though, JK wheels always look boss on our Jeeps.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

How's your luck on keeping the chintzy door clips from breaking? I've got 3 bags lying in wait for a speaker install.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Are they a really bright yellow or that sort of faded color?

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I also can't figure out why they specced such a hot plug for the regular 4.7.

Do you not have an HO?

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Yep, I have a set of Hankook Dynapros on my Prime wishlist based solely on a jeep forums analysis on what is the biggest wheel that will fit in the spare cubby.

The Goodyear Wranglers I have on right now will occasionally rub on certain turns at full lock, unsure if it's on the wheelwell liners, control arms or tie rods though. Guess I'll look when Im switching out the tie rods, adjusting sleeve and adjustable track bar.

Have you had any alignment issues since lifting?

Also, does your rear end make any appreciable noises on the highway?

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Did you replace the entire arms or just the bushings?

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I love the ride quality the Bilsteins gave me. A bit stiffer than stock, but not harsh. Both of my dad's trucks, both of them GMC's with some sort of offroading package, ride really harsh, so I remain impressed by Bilsteins quality.

Have any issues getting the rears mounted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Good deal, I'll be interested in your thoughts, as I'm getting one in a pay or two. Hope the install isn't too interesting!