Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

scuz posted:

:eyepop: If someone told me that was the concept for the 2018 Honda Civic I would've believed them. Ugh those look so cool.

https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/z/18893039/

Got a spare $10k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
No, but there's a 1972 Civic that's only 2 hours and $2k away.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
So matte red wraps are the new hotness, then? Can't wait to have the same dappled-dirt look that was previously reserved for my convertible top all over my car instead.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

88h88 posted:

Far too cool to be a new car, it doesn't have pointless creases and bodylines that don't flow.

Windows are too big, too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

So matte red wraps are the new hotness, then? Can't wait to have the same dappled-dirt look that was previously reserved for my convertible top all over my car instead.

Yeah, 15 years ago I had a bug that was slowly transforming from dark green to a flat pale green due to the California sun oxidizing it. I spent a weekend waxing the poo poo out of it to get the shine back. And now that look is cool? I could have been so ahead of the curve. :smith:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Windows are too big, too.

Wheels are too small. Can someone photoshop massive wheels and tiny windows on it for a depressingly accurate current-style version?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Wheels are too small. Can someone photoshop massive wheels and tiny windows on it for a depressingly accurate current-style version?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy optical illusion Batman. Are the wheels level? My brain says no, my eyes say yes.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
New Petrolicious is up with a Delta S4

http://petrolicious.com/this-lancia-delta-s4-is-a-ballet-of-brutality

The guy seems awesome and I love his attitude of showing his cars and driving them. But why run a tarmac spec car with slicks and no ground clearance on those gravel roads? :(

I forgive him completely because HOLY poo poo HAVE YOU SEEN HIS COLLECTION! He even has an 037!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Oh look, a Z4M Coupe

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlackMK4 posted:

Oh look, a Z4M Coupe

Would.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BlackMK4 posted:

Oh look, a Z4M Coupe

The proportions make more sense when the car is the size of a Miata and not a 7 series.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This makes me really want to see a shooting brake Camaro.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm pretty sure anything could be fixed by making it a shooting brake.

Like I would bet $5 even a PT Cruiser could be salvaged. It wouldn't suddenly make it a quality reliable vehicle but at least it wouldn't look like an abortion.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

xzzy posted:

I'm pretty sure anything could be fixed by making it a shooting brake.

Like I would bet $5 even a PT Cruiser could be salvaged. It wouldn't suddenly make it a quality reliable vehicle but at least it wouldn't look like an abortion.

Bold words.

I think if you tried to make a PT Shooting Brake it'd end up some bastard child of a Prowler, though.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Liquid Communism posted:

Bold words.

I think if you tried to make a PT Shooting Brake it'd end up some bastard child of a Prowler, though.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing

It's Chrysler. It'd somehow keep the gutless shitbox PT engine and add all the Prowler's suspension headaches.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I never knew this. Mitsubishi made an Evo Wagon:

Edit:
Bonus quadbike turning on its cruel overlords:
http://i.imgur.com/3dPBgYT.mp4

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 15, 2016

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

It's Chrysler. It'd somehow keep the gutless shitbox PT engine and add all the Prowler's suspension headaches.

I won't defend the internals, (because who designs an homage to the classic hot rod, but only puts in a V6 and an automatic transmission) but those cars look drat good. They should have all been Howlers to begin with though... Maybe if the Howler was at least offered as a trim package, like the Hellcat, Chrysler wouldn't have spent a decade congratulating themselves for reskinning a Neon.

It sounds weird now, but the PT Cruiser won multiple awards for its styling, so in a very Chrysler move, they sat with their thumbs up their asses until we all grew to hate that fat pig

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Oh, Prowlers are pretty as hell. Saw one at the car show over the 4th in Plum Crazy, it was great.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
On my daily work break to catch the Pokemons, a wild XR8 appeared!

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Why did they have to ruin it with those wheels :smith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

InitialDave posted:

Edit:
Bonus quadbike turning on its cruel overlords:
http://i.imgur.com/3dPBgYT.mp4

How are these things running away like that? Every quad bike or UTV I've ever ridden/driven has a pretty effective setup where if you're not on the throttle they stall out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The throttle is obviously stuck somewhere along the linkage.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Memento posted:

How are these things running away like that? Every quad bike or UTV I've ever ridden/driven has a pretty effective setup where if you're not on the throttle they stall out.

Throttle probably bent and stuck when it flipped with the bars turned.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can't post this without posting what it's going into.

That's gonna be awesome all the way up until it hits a wall and explodes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

You can't post this without posting what it's going into.

That's gonna be awesome all the way up until it hits a wall and explodes.

Holy poo poo, I just found the engine GIS'ing something else.

Also, the nifty setup Memento refers to about ATV's and UTV's cutting off at idle is called Poor Maintenance

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

InitialDave posted:

Yep, 1500 made worldwide in 2003 or 2004. Saw one for sale in Germany and I was so tempted blowing my savings to get it. But then I don't live in Europe for the time being, maybe for the best?

Here is a picture from an Evo wagon meet up in Japan

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

VikingSkull posted:

Holy poo poo, I just found the engine GIS'ing something else.

Also, the nifty setup Memento refers to about ATV's and UTV's cutting off at idle is called Poor Maintenance

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. If the clutch is out and there's no pressure on the accelerator, does a car drive away by itself? I've only every driven around on those things on mine sites, they got weekly maintenance checks, and were supposed to stall if they got away from you.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Memento posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. If the clutch is out and there's no pressure on the accelerator, does a car drive away by itself? I've only every driven around on those things on mine sites, they got weekly maintenance checks, and were supposed to stall if they got away from you.

The ATV's I've owned have had a clutch setup like a minibike or similar, not like a motorcycle with a manually actuated hand clutch. I believe now, most have transitioned to a CVT type transmission, except for pure sport models.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

gileadexile posted:

The ATV's I've owned have had a clutch setup like a minibike or similar, not like a motorcycle with a manually actuated hand clutch. I believe now, most have transitioned to a CVT type transmission, except for pure sport models.

All the ones I've driven/ridden have had a manually actuated hand clutch, or pedals in the case of UTVs. Guess that's where my confusion is coming from.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Prowler isn't pretty enough to make up for how gutless it is.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Memento posted:

All the ones I've driven/ridden have had a manually actuated hand clutch, or pedals in the case of UTVs. Guess that's where my confusion is coming from.

I have an 06 TRX250EX with a semi-auto. It has a clutch lever, but I can shift without using it if I want.

Plus, ya know, if it's idling in neutral or it gets away from you in gear, it shouldn't stall. Same as a road car, really, you can let a car coast quite a ways if you just don't touch anything in 3rd gear and it chugs down on its own.

Kill switches are a way better solution for ATV's. If you fall off, there's a lanyard on your wrist attached to the ATV. It pulls out, engine dies.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chemmy posted:

The Prowler isn't pretty enough to make up for how gutless it is.

Are they that bad? I've never driven one but Chrysler's 3.5 V6 seemed like a fairly potent powerplant for it's time. The four speed auto is surely sandbagging it but that was standard for it's time. It seems the biggest criticism is "It should have had a V8" which is understandable considering the hot road styling but if I recall even the V6 was packaged in there pretty tightly.

In high school I had an Eagle Vision with the 3.3L V6 and a friend of mine had a New Yorker with the 3.5 and I was so jealous over how much faster her car was. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It's got a sub-250 HP 3.5L in front of a 4 speed 42LE, same as the New Yorker or loving Intrepid, and a 2800lb curb weight (Only 700lbs less than the NY's 3490) despite being a 2-seat roadster instead of a four door sedan.

The Howler concept with the 4.7L V8 in front of a 5 speed would have been a very different thing.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 15, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or built by any manufacturer that wasn't Chrysler. Hand the project off to one of those European makers that built their reputation off cheap commuter cars and it would have had a more exciting drive.

And Chrysler was so kickass before 1970. :negative:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You know, now that I look back, I've owned a lot of Chrysler-built cars, and every one of them has suicided on me.

The 89 LeBaron grenaded its transmission on the highway, the 91 New Yorker caught fire, my Cherokee XJ is a giant ball of woe, rust, and electrical gremlins...

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Liquid Communism posted:

It's got a sub-250 HP 3.5L in front of a 4 speed 42LE, same as the New Yorker or loving Intrepid, and a 2800lb curb weight (Only 700lbs less than the NY's 3490) despite being a 2-seat roadster instead of a four door sedan.

The Howler concept with the 4.7L V8 in front of a 5 speed would have been a very different thing.

A much heavier iron block V8 that made 230hp would have been very different? It would probably have been worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Someone at my office used to daily drive a Prowler. It's like a Bikini PT Cruiser compared to the One-Piece suit standard PT Cruiser.
Somewhere between "Meh" and "poo poo" in every way aside from kinda sorta looking like a 30's hot rod.