Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Would drive. Off a cliff.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

That's a special kind of stupid right there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a good condemnation of their fabrication skills on a project where they're willing to cut the front end off a car, but unwilling to reshape any of the body panels they're keeping. It's the mark of someone who knows they're in over their head, but press on anyways.

I wonder how big of a disaster the linkages and front suspension is.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Is it the decal?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

That'd be cool too.

No a long rear end time ago my mother's best was obsessed with James Caan. The friend ended up having his kid (Scott Caan of Ocean's 13 and Hawaii 5-0 fame). My mother went to visit her friend and went to a party and Burt Reynolds was there and took a liking to my mother but mom wasn't a whore so nothing came of it. My dad does have excellent mustache DNA so clearly mom liked that part of Burt.

Scott Caan is a sexy sexy man and I would not kick him out of my bed :newfap:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

joat mon posted:

Is it the decal?

Could be the blacked out lights.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
The bumper cut is legit on Miatas. If it has a roll bar I'd say it is fine except for the dumb lights.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Goober Peas posted:

Scott Caan is a sexy sexy man and I would not kick him out of my bed :newfap:

isn't he like 5'2"? Unfortunate.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

FatCow posted:

The bumper cut is legit on Miatas. If it has a roll bar I'd say it is fine except for the dumb lights.

Yeah I'm not seeing any terrible camber so that thing might be legit SCCA whateverthefuck Britain calls their parking lot weekend warrior car club

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Its kinda incongruous for normal Plymouth rush hour traffic which is why it caught my eye. There's a pretty big group of hot hatch/Impreza boy racer types who hang out in the city centre at night, this doesn't really fit with that lot. The wrap didn't look great in person, and those blacked out lights are always a bad idea. Didn't see if there was a cage in there or not.

Unrelated: Am I alone in thinking the latest Type-R Civics have been modelled on Decepticons? Its so… angular.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

fyodor posted:

isn't he like 5'2"? Unfortunate.

in his pants :pervert:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone able to identify the model? I was thinking s13 but not everything matches up.

baram. fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 8, 2016

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Looks like a Toyota Celica to me.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Lightbulb Out posted:

Looks like a Toyota Celica to me.

I thought 5th gen celica too but it seemed kinda off, the wraparound tail lights seem right but the divider between the windows looked too narrow. another I looked at was mx6

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
It says Toyota Celica on it so if it's not that's just another funny part.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's not hard to type "toyota celica" into google and look for similarities
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Nitrox posted:

It's not hard to type "toyota celica" into google and look for similarities
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica

yeah, even easier to do than reading previous posts, lucky for you.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Hello AI.

I bought a 2002 4runner and put 2016 Tacoma TRD off road package wheels on it.

It looks badass, and I practically stole both the truck and the wheels because working at Toyota kicks rear end.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Do impending mechanical failures count?
I got to work on this lovely unit the other day.

gently caress Salt.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Do impending mechanical failures count?

In the mechanical failure thread, probably yes.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I reed gud :downs:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

loving USPS. Come home from 15 hours at work to find this horse poo poo in my yard. I have a perfectly good paved driveway with a huge turnaround at the end, there is no reason to be in the loving grass. This rut is easily 50 feet long.

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

the horror

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Imperador do Brasil posted:

loving USPS. Come home from 15 hours at work to find this horse poo poo in my yard. I have a perfectly good paved driveway with a huge turnaround at the end, there is no reason to be in the loving grass. This rut is easily 50 feet long.

so are you one of those obsessive lawn guys who sprays like 50 different chemicals and keeps it exactly 2.3" long year round or what

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's early spring, the ground is probably so soggy you can just mush the mud back into shape and once the grass fills in in a few weeks you'll forget it ever happened.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Unsure if awesome or not?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wrong thread.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Correct thread. I've seen one of these up close and it's all cracked fibreglass and kit-car-interiors. It's bad.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Sagebrush posted:

so are you one of those obsessive lawn guys who sprays like 50 different chemicals and keeps it exactly 2.3" long year round or what

No, but it's still irritating that the USPS asshats can't stay on the driveway. Add to that the fact that I have natural springs in the yard and people keep dragging the corpses of their crippled cars into the yard and well, it just becomes an ugly lovely mess. Should I just not give a poo poo about idiots tearing it up?
This Prius ended literally on top of the spring:

Here you can see how easy it would be to not be in the grass. Look at how much paved area there is...

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 9, 2016

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Put up some edging.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Put up some edging.

How will masturbating wrong help anything?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or an awesome remote control gate.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
I've spent most of the afternoon digging through this massive assortment of old car ads / brochures. Most of it is pretty interesting, but I'm also finding some serious dog turds in the rough:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NonzeroCircle posted:

Its kinda incongruous for normal Plymouth rush hour traffic which is why it caught my eye. There's a pretty big group of hot hatch/Impreza boy racer types who hang out in the city centre at night, this doesn't really fit with that lot. The wrap didn't look great in person, and those blacked out lights are always a bad idea. Didn't see if there was a cage in there or not.

Unrelated: Am I alone in thinking the latest Type-R Civics have been modelled on Decepticons? Its so… angular.

Looks more interesting than 99% of traffic in the uk which consists of dull grey/white/black diesel cars from germany. 😪😪😪😪😪

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

triple clutcher posted:

I've spent most of the afternoon digging through this massive assortment of old car ads / brochures. Most of it is pretty interesting, but I'm also finding some serious dog turds in the rough:

What's with people and gaudy chrome wheels? I know taste is subjective, but I just can't fathom how someone looks at them and can honestly think they've improved the look of their vehicle. And there's so many lovely variants too, it's mind boggling.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

track day bro! posted:

Looks more interesting than 99% of traffic in the uk which consists of dull grey/white/black diesel cars from germany. 😪😪😪😪😪

I'll have you know I drive a dull black diesel car from Spain! (based on a German car though)

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Bajaha posted:

What's with people and gaudy chrome wheels? I know taste is subjective, but I just can't fathom how someone looks at them and can honestly think they've improved the look of their vehicle. And there's so many lovely variants too, it's mind boggling.

Chrome = money.

I also don't get blacked out huge wheels. Why get wheels that look like poo poo after 15 minutes of driving or maybe just a mist during the day? The color (or lack of) makes everything look smaller anyways. Whatever...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Send help...can't breathe...laughing too hard :laffo: