Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SaNChEzZ posted:

Houseografix, same thing I assume. Was going to get the burberry patterned one, but that was a little much.

I dunno, it'd be interesting to see if the Chav-isms would be successfully transplanted here from the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
GM's 2012 Chevy Sonic ad in a herrafrush magazine someone signed me up to as a cruel joke:

OK.. whatever.

Wait, what's that?

Yes I took this picture with an Android powered potato.

GM Ad posted:

Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt. Vehicle shown with equipment from an independent supplier and is not covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. GM does not endorse any specific alterations to your vehicle. Modifications can adversely affect the vehicle's performance characteristics and void the warranty. All modifications should be performed by qualified professionals who ensure that they are accomplished safely and in compliance with the law. GM is not responsible for the safety or quality of independent supplier alterations. 1 EPA estimate for available 1.4L turbocharged engine with 6-speed manual transmission.

Keep on 'stancin'. :waycool:

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Some 'p' platers pulled up beside me in their RX8 and pointed repeatedly at their 'FOURDOORS4WHORES' sticker.

I don't know what they were trying to tell me. I mean they have four doors too right? :confused:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

tobu posted:

Some 'p' platers pulled up beside me in their RX8 and pointed repeatedly at their 'FOURDOORS4WHORES' sticker.

I don't know what they were trying to tell me. I mean they have four doors too right? :confused:

They were out soliciting.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tobu posted:

Ignore the watermark in the corner, this is a real advert they ran.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

I dunno, it'd be interesting to see if the Chav-isms would be successfully transplanted here from the UK.

You are the Chav.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Came across this on Craigslist

A 1946 Chevy meets a 1996 Chevy.

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 11, 2013

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Tusen Takk posted:

From the Cobalt community:

unironically want "Bags are for groceries" sticker

Polarize
Jul 12, 2007
The lights go on, the lights go off

Tusen Takk posted:

From the Cobalt community:

Of course this person is from BC and of course they have a novice sign. :suicide:

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Polarize posted:

Of course this person is from BC and of course they have a novice sign. :suicide:

...and really don't like fat chicks, apparently.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Captain McAllister posted:

...and really don't like fat chicks, apparently.

I like fat chicks but unlike that guy my car also has fuctional suspension.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Saw both of these on Christmas Eve. Poor BM..

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

That has to be a prank.. it looks like a really bad coat of plastidip.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
It's really terrible from the front and back, but I never get a chance on this road to have enough time to get out and snap the front and back.

On an Element

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

tobu posted:

Whats a 'p' plate?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Provisional license placard, basically a new driver warning sticker I guess.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Viggen posted:

That has to be a prank.. it looks like a really bad coat of plastidip.

:shrug:

Dunno dude. At first I thought somebody watched Cannonball Run and decided that a car painted with radar relective paint was something they wanted in their life. But then I remembered that radar reflective paint is kinda expensive and this being an early 2000s Solara, this was probably not what they were going for.

I can only assume that it's a grandkids car, as that is a mobile home park catering to older, retired folks who don't need to be in a nursing home, but want the close-knit communities they grew up with. Or some kind of similar bullshit.

All I know is it had a massive fartcan, which I couldn't get in the pic as I was driving by and there was traffic behind me and a few random stickers, one, which may have been that little juggalo meat cleaver thingy, but I can't be sure.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

gileadexile posted:

which may have been that little juggalo meat cleaver thingy
:ms: No further description required, I can picture in my head what the rest of the car probably looked like.

Where have I seen that befo

Oh.

Hellasplash.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Cenodoxus posted:

:ms: No further description required, I can picture in my head what the rest of the car probably looked like.

Oh.

Hellasplash.

It's Snorkelstang's cousin!

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Cenodoxus posted:

Oh.

Hellasplash.

Is that a 964 with a 993 GT2 wing w/ a 996/7esque GT3RS wing? :stonk:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

gileadexile posted:

:shrug:

Dunno dude. At first I thought somebody watched Cannonball Run and decided that a car painted with radar relective paint was something they wanted in their life. But then I remembered that radar reflective paint is kinda expensive and this being an early 2000s Solara, this was probably not what they were going for.

Isn't radar-reflective paint, you know, the exact opposite of what you actually want on your car? Unless your vehicle is shaped like a stealth fighter, all that reflected energy is going straight back to the transceiver. What you want is radar-absorbent paint. :science:

(which is basically just fluidized iron filings, so it is really expensive and weighs an enormous amount and wears off in bad weather and requires amazingly toxic solvents to apply so yeah)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
And for all that, you still have a windshield which reflects more than enough radar signals.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
So you mean I could have kept the old gear oil from my beetle and made a fortune selling it as radar absorbent paint?

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Cenodoxus posted:

I think we've found a new pic for Twitter to use when they go down.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

shoopeach posted:

Is that a 964 with a 993 GT2 wing w/ a 996/7esque GT3RS wing? :stonk:

In other words, it sort of looks like Lexus' current design philosophy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Didn't get a pic, but a Mustang came into the shop today. Cheap plastichrome pedals and HVAC controls, gauge cluster surround was broken off, tyte cold air intake, "carbon fiber" plastic cover around the hood latch mechanism, and the main thing that jumped out was the fake, stick-on hood pins. They weren't even mounted remotely near where the hood support goes across the front. :psyduck:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Thought that the Porsche Cayenne was the last word in tarting up a Touareg? Three hundred thousand dollars says think again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/a-mysterious-porsche-pampering-luxury-car-company-3OVeSt4PQwqWw4DE8~_uhw.html

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
You'd think 300k would buy something more than chrome mesh for the grill.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It does. Didn't you see the sparkly lights on the ceiling and the automatically retracting iPad holders in the seats?

I like when he says "Eterniti Motors has been developing luxury vehicles for 18 months."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Hey kids, who likes ordering car parts?

My friend had a smashed mirror glass on her car, so I said I'd order one in and fit it when we met up earlier in the month (we live 200 miles from each other). Glass turned up, excellent quality, good as the original, just what I wanted, went to fit it... and it's for the wrong side. The box says it's correct, but the part itself is wrong. Order another and send it back, this one turns up and it's a stick-on glass with a cheapo fitment clip thrown in the box with it, great, thanks guys! That goes back too. At this point, they've received the message I sent them about the first one, and misinterpret what I say to send me out a replacement. Which arrives, and turns out to be another stick-on one, only this time it has the cheapo clip attached to it. No. No. No. I tell them to stop sending me parts and order one from someone else, paying extra to get it delivered quickly.

In the intervening period, I have a parcel arrive while I'm out and go to the post office to get it. It's a fourth one from the first guys, having obviously been sent out before they got my "For the love of God, stop" message. I just tell the postie to sling it back, I've got another one on the way, right?

Mirror glass from company number two arrives just in time for the weekend. One of the mounting lugs is missing from the fitment clip. Not snapped off in the packaging due to damage in transit, broken before being wrapped up and sealed. Ugggghhnnn. Ask them to send out a good one, which they are doing, but they don't understand why I want them to refund the premium I paid to have it sent by fast post. Yes, it got here on time, but I paid extra to be sure I got the part for a given date. Sending me a broken part for that date doesn't really help me much, does it?

Frankly, as long as the next one that turns up fits, I honestly don't care any more. It's been hilarious the disproportionate amount of frustration I can feel over a part that costs about a tenner and takes twenty second to fit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bennyfactor posted:

Thought that the Porsche Cayenne was the last word in tarting up a Touareg? Three hundred thousand dollars says think again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/a-mysterious-porsche-pampering-luxury-car-company-3OVeSt4PQwqWw4DE8~_uhw.html

If I can get a Touareg TDI with the V-10 or V-6 Diesel for less than $100k, how is the Porsche Cayenne supposed to be better?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

If I can get a Touareg TDI with the V-10 or V-6 Diesel for less than $100k, how is the Porsche Cayenne supposed to be better?

Because it has sportier exhaust and brakes, mahogany trim, a massive navigation unit, and an even larger sense of entitlement?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

Because it has sportier exhaust and brakes, mahogany trim, a massive navigation unit, and an even larger sense of entitlement?

But I can tow a 747 with the V-10 TDI. What more could I want?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

But I can tow a 747 with the V-10 TDI. What more could I want?

Why, a Porsche of course!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Tusen Takk posted:

Quite a bit more legroom, too. Because the owner has a much smaller penis, you see.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Cenodoxus posted:

Oh.

Hellasplash.

If anyone needed a reason to not like RWB...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The new Corvette pictures are out... is it still terrible-car-stuff thread worthy? I still hate the rear end in the same way I still hate the new(ish) Camaro rear end. Black roof is unnecessary. The profile view is pretty sexy.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2014-corvette-stingray-ar143810.html

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

enojy posted:

The new Corvette pictures are out... is it still terrible-car-stuff thread worthy? I still hate the rear end in the same way I still hate the new(ish) Camaro rear end. Black roof is unnecessary. The profile view is pretty sexy.

LT1?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I smell some GT-R influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

enojy posted:

Black roof is carbon fiber.

I like it. A lot.