Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Motronic posted:

Wow....just wow. I've cut enough people out of cars to know just how much crap comes loose and flys around when you get hit hard (or hit something hard). Something about having two pounds of presumably loaded pistol ready to fly about the cabin seems like a really bad idea. Of course, lots of idiots run around with them jammed between the seat and center console, so I suppose this is a "better solution."

No weapon made in the last half decade will discharge no matter how hard it's struck.

This is just the equivalent of people who drive around with un-anchored subwoofer boxes in their hatchback. Between your legs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
Someone please post that crazy Russian website where they poorly repair totalled vehicles.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Are you sure? That just takes me to a BMW page

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Powershift posted:

and now, a winner of terrible car bingo.

I didn't know horses could get Trisomy 21

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
Going to trade the Outback in towards a compact pickup. Suddenly, from around the corner, the '80s came screaming back to life:

Please tell me this is just some slovenly car dealer's idea, and not an official Nissan style choice.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Powershift posted:

They're at it again.

NSFW Ads http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic529891.html

We should send these guys a pile of rusted out muscle cars, give them something productive to do with their skills rather than spending thousands of man hours fixing $8,000 hyundais

:smithcloud:

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

San Andreas was fun as hell.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'll bet if you asked the owner why he's driving this, he'll say, "Well, it's gets me where I want to go."

I've driven worse-looking cars.

I drove a rusty Subaru for years because it didn't break down and owed me nothing (and I owed nothing on it). There is a quiet dignity in this.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think red flashers like that aren't illegal to possess, but they are illegal to actually use on a public road.

Illegal without permission granted by a chief or commanding officer on official letterhead, at least here in NY.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

angryhampster posted:

Spotted at Lowe's.

Honda minivan immediately snaps a cam gear, oil pan dumps onto ground, immolates self.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

The new Jeep look.

:gonk:

Oh, cars are doing the Renee Zellweger "squinty" thing now. Cool.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Evidence of a little windshield taste test as well.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
I never understood the point of those covers.

Anyone who is appalled at the greasy mechanical things under the hood is not going to be popping the hood very often.

Anyone who spends a lot of time with the greasy mechanical things doesn't want a cover to get in the way.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

AirRaid posted:

I thought the point was to get people to think "Oh it's all sealed, I shouldnt work on it myself, I should take it to the dealer and pay their really high prices to get it fixed".

Anyone who would have been discouraged by a cover would never have attempted to work on it anyway.

Like the specialty screwdrivers that Apple used to hold my MacBook Pro's battery in. Anyone with the gumption to replace it themselves isn't going to be stopped by a screwdriver.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Welcome to Florida, where "because I was tweeked out and gently caress YOU" is a perfectly valid reason to do things to your car.

Can't really see, but the driver did look like he had spent the better part of his life cramming meth into his face.

Florida, where a '95 Ranger is a new toy worth bragging about.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I'm willing to bet that illest, No Fear, Fox Racing and the Lowrider logo are all on page one of every vinyl sticker shop's clipart book, right above the generic tribal dragon, Confederate flag and Calvin peeing on (insert manufacturer logo here).

Meanwhile, in Morocco:

:stonk: I have no idea how you even do something like this, unless Photoshop has an "Export to real life" option now.

I didn't know they were making a live action Roger Rabbit movie :confused:

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

G-Mach posted:

I want more 60/70s MOPAR car colors on current cars.

I think the world would be a better place.

Plum Crazy was almost called "Statutory Grape"

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
I kept a cheapie Armitron watch strapped onto my triple tree when I had a bike. It was easier than taking my cell phone out to check the time.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Uthor posted:

But two? That's just insansanity.

Current and zulu time :haw:

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
I could use some overtime, they should sell those things in the states.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Where the hell are the cops?

If I ever live in a place where someone can drive up a lamp post and then proceed to peel wheel and beat on their ride for over TEN MINUTES I will know that it is time to move.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

Stupid poo poo you pull with your car:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=04a_1370304152

Yes. That is a tree.

What sort of car is that? Looks pretty rugged.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Octopus Magic posted:

Feeling bad for a Saturn? Zuh?

I know it's not a riced out mad JDM 20-year old sport coupe, but come on.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Belldandy posted:

It's an old Saturn with zero redeeming features. Nobody cares, get over it.

It's not that individual car, it's the fact that he shits on every car on every thread that isn't a 1993 Eagle Talon.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

dphi posted:

I remember seeing a few drivers in SF a few years back that, after parking, opened their trunk and flipped down an attached cushion to protect their bumpers from parallel parkers. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

edit - like this, basically - http://chariotauto.com/

I would rather have huge stainless steel spikes than soft bumpers. Feel free to back into me, but it's going to be expensive.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
Even though the Prius is less powerful, doesn't it put down a good amount of torque at low RPMs, by virtue of it being a hybrid?

Yeah 295lb-ft at 0rpm. One would think that would be tougher on a CVT than the horsepower. Maybe because the Prius uses a planetary CVT instead of belts.

Polymerized Cum fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 8, 2013

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
How do such things exist? The number of people needing a body kit for a Chevy Corsica can't be enough to break even.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The rodeo's in town and now they have magnetic steer horns for your car.

God drat my aluminum hood, I want a Boss Hawg Prius

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Aurune posted:

I don't even have a comment for this.

Maybe the owner had difficulty sourcing a replacement hood for the most common make and model loving ever.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
That thing isn't actually capable of driving on a flat, straight road, is it?

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
If I ever meet the motherfucker who invented PlastiDip i'm going to break his loving jaw.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Well to be fair its the correct place to take that abortion.

:xd:

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Oh poo poo its Daily Driven, that must be rough in a fuel injected 20 year old Honda that probably has a/c and starts no matter how cold it is outside.

In Florida.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
Berkeley, Asheville, Boulder, Ithaca, etc. All riddled with mid-90s Mazda Proteges, Honda Civics and Nissan Sentras covered in liberal cause bumper stickers.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Powershift posted:

Counterpoint,

I'm going to have a panic attack.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Neptr posted:

Dealer installed option. Installed because something happened to the roof.

Bad hail storm recently?

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress that is ugly. Holy hell what sort of brain damage do these people have?

Bro machismo entered a closed loop mode.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Speaking of terrible cars, about what year did Hyundai go from being a bad idea to a good value?

Maybe 2018-2022 or so.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Yeah honestly if they really want your poo poo there's not much that can stop a flatbed short of always parallel parking, which isn't feasible most places.

One thing that's apparently pretty popular is using minivans to steal motorcycles. A while back a friend told me some (anecdotal) story about guys who would cut the floorboard out of the cargo area. Pop the hatch, back up around the bike, close hatch, winch up and drive away at your leisure. Never found any documented evidence of that, but there's plenty of youtube vids of guys jacking sportbikes by just popping them through the side door with the back seats removed. I guess the winch thing might be viable for, like, big Harleys or custom choppers that won't fit the other way? Who knows.

When I was into sportbikes, the biggest culprit was always four dudes and a pickup truck with a mattress on the bed.

The truck pulls up, the dudes jump out and pick the bike up, lay it onto the mattress and drive off. Poof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Jakcson posted:

Does it pay well to work as the guy that grabs the cars?

I know people like That Guy just as much as the guy that calls at work and at dinnertime to try and collect unpaid debts, but until they ban the use of credit, it seems like there will always be a market for those kinds of people.

What kind of qualifications would you need to be a car repo dude? The only relevant skills I have seem to be that I'm ex-military and I have a Class A CDL.

Huge biceps
Shaved head
Goatee
Tank top
Low threshold for bullshit