Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

As far as i can tell, it means "Courage" in the language of the terrible tattoo.

For future reference, that's (apparently) actually the Mandarin word for courage, 勇气 (yongqi), but in a horrible abortion of the traditional characters, 勇氣.

I get irrationally angry about hosed up Mandarin since I spent my entire enlistment learning that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

That's the most honest "custom" car ad I've seen in a good while. I can only imagine what he's willing to trade for that thing.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

FAST AND FURIOUS

or

FAST AND FABULOUS?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Professor Bling posted:

For future reference, that's (apparently) actually the Mandarin word for courage, 勇气 (yongqi), but in a horrible abortion of the traditional characters, 勇氣.

I get irrationally angry about hosed up Mandarin since I spent my entire enlistment learning that poo poo.

勇気 is Japanese and correct. You can stop being angry.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Throatwarbler posted:

Thank you for this, I wasn't if that was Japanese but now I am.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm still angry about white guys using Chinese characters (even if they're the Japanese derivatives) like this. The entire point is so they can get girls to ask, "Ooh what's it mean?" and they can say "Courage" and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I just want to set the owner's Tapout t-shirt on fire.

I guess at least it's not tattooed on an arm above a barbed-wire band and some generic "tribal" thing? Man I could loving go all day about lovely tattoos (pretty much all of them) and why white trash get them (short answer: it's a signaling strategy, indicating that you have some meth and you never use birth control)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Baelish posted:

I have no words

I think all the explanation necessary is in the URL: Scranton.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Throatwarbler posted:

Thanks, my mind just jumped to Chinese since that's the go-to "look at how deep/cultured I am" language of bad tattoos.

Of course, "that's not Chinese" is why it looked so weird to me. Don't know why I didn't realize there are other languages using similar character sets.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Throatwarbler posted:

But it's still on an American truck. Plenty of reasons to be angry at the moron driving it.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've seen this every day at one of the medical clinics I pick up at and finally got a picture:

Someone bought a Murano CrossCabriolet.

\/ It's a women's health clinic. \/

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
What kind of clinic is it?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

I've seen this every day at one of the medical clinics I pick up at and finally got a picture:

That thing is weird. Speaking of clinics I was at the local medical center today and every single goddamn motherfucking car was parked crooked and / or between spaces including the one I always see parked so far forward the front half is on the grass. Of course the cars that were parked dead center between spaces were the tiny ones. gently caress small car drivers that can't park their little clown cars.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Previa_fun posted:

Well to be fair its the correct place to take that abortion.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Chinatown posted:

:xd:

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

:thurman:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Chinatown posted:

:jebstare:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

:sbahj:

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Saw this today. Dunno if it's good or bad. The license plate.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
The very first production Aztek is up for sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-first-production-aztec-crossover-produced-by-pontiac-/360707621290?forcev4exp=true

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

I were a rich philanthropist I would buy it and destroy it for the good of humanity. Maybe I should put together a kickstarter.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

trouser chili posted:

I were a rich philanthropist I would buy it and destroy it for the good of humanity. Maybe I should put together a kickstarter.

The Kickstarter idea is fantastic.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I literally said "wonk wonk" out loud when I saw this one

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 1, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm inclined to say that one wraps back around. Yes, it's stupid, but it is almost mocking itself, so I think it works.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Hahahaha its always the OBGYNs that have the worst cars out front. I do courier work south of Boston, and there is a CTS-V coupe with a landau roof, two of those Muranos, and three PT convertables at a gynos office in a upscale suburb. Those are in addition to all the stereotypical mom SUVs. Oh and a Scion Xb decked out in hatchet-man stickers, with baby seats, parked by the midwifery part of the building of course :(

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BabyMauler posted:

Hahahaha its always the OBGYNs that have the worst cars out front. I do courier work south of Boston, and there is a CTS-V coupe with a landau roof, two of those Muranos, and three PT convertables at a gynos office in a upscale suburb. Those are in addition to all the stereotypical mom SUVs. Oh and a Scion Xb decked out in hatchet-man stickers, with baby seats, parked by the midwifery part of the building of course :(

This is because having kids and more so being around kids nonstop makes you insane.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

OptimusMatrix posted:

Saw this today. Dunno if it's good or bad. The license plate.

I wish I had my camera out, but I was concentrating on driving. I was heading home down the I-90 through South Dakota, and it seems there was some kind of major Corvette meetup at the Black Hills. So we were being passed by a ton of them, and enjoying the vanity plates. Because if you own a Corvette, you need to have a vanity plate or they throw you out of the club.

Some real gems too like
"My Toy"
"XLR8R"
"EXILR8R"
"Cruz Msl"
"0000001"
"Corvete"

Corvete?

:what:

And then one passed us with the lady in the passenger seat pointing frantically at our roof. Yeah the latch on our car topper broke, we lost 3 sleeping bags. :(

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

I think my favorite dumb vanity plate sighting was a Trailblazer SS with the plate "SUVETTE"

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

trouser chili posted:

If you destroy it, all the Azteks of the world turn into tents.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I have no idea either.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Probably just a time traveller from after the remake is made in the far future.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Shifty Pony posted:

I have no idea either.

Well, I know who I'm NOT going to call.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

BabyMauler posted:

Hahahaha its always the OBGYNs that have the worst cars out front. I do courier work south of Boston

Hey courier buddy. Are you independent or do you work for one of the big lab companies?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

This seems to be some sort of home built electric golf cart thing that this guy drives on the road here:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Chinatown posted:

All I have to say is :drat:

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
I decided to browse the available collector cars on ebay by "Price: Highest to Lowest" and came across this gem:

There are 30 tidbits about the truck listed in the auction, including:

quote:

30- Paint have some ware

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Chemmy posted:

This seems to be some sort of home built electric golf cart thing that this guy drives on the road here:

Looks like a VW beetle floor pan, you can tell by the wheels and the odd bolt pattern

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Goober Peas posted:

I literally said "wonk wonk" out loud when I saw this one

I would be willing to bet a good chunk of AI posters would DD that given the chance.

The local courthouse has a convertible murano and some sort of chevy SUV with several corvette badges and the rest debadged (sans the chevron) parked in front every day.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 2, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've never seen the interior of one of these and I know 2001 was 12 years ago but what the gently caress was the designer on? It looks like the interior of a 90s car... A really cheap crappy one at that.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

88h88 posted:

what the gently caress was the designer on?

GM's payroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

88h88 posted:

I've never seen the interior of one of these and I know 2001 was 12 years ago but what the gently caress was the designer on? It looks like the interior of a 90s car... A really cheap crappy one at that.

The designer was on committee. Committee, not even once.