Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Nintendoland and NSMBU, I was going to get Scribblenauts as well, but the WiiU version is literally double the cost of the Steam version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

HarveyVdarski posted:

Is there a particular capture card that would work really well with the Wii U? I'm trying, a hem a haw, to find a good one that will let me capture high quality footage. Gonna be doing some LP's when the new games drop.

I have this one and it works perfectly with everything. It supports just about every input under the sun too.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
10AM EST, Official stream here: http://e3.nintendo.com/

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
This is like Nintendo distilled into a single image :3:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

absolutely anything posted:

Autists everywhere erupt in cheers

Everyone makes jokes about people getting way too mad about Smash Bros. but tripping was literally the worst thing ever. I would be like if a bunch of scholars got together and decided that there should be a new piece in chess, and that it would move randomly.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Bobnumerotres posted:

Nope, just GX. And yes GX is absurdly loving difficult. In fact it's probably one of the hardest games in existence that isn't technically broken.

The "single-player" missions were just hyper challenges for those who mastered the game's mechanics, of course they're not advertised as such which can lead to confusion and pure anger.

Speaking as someone who has 100% this game entirely gently caress the "rescue Jody" mission.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Crowbear posted:

Pretty sure Miyamoto confirmed that the 5 Pikmin colors from the first 2 games are coming back.

So Pikmin 3 should have 7 types total (red, yellow, blue, purple, white, rock, flying).

Have we actually seen any white or purple Pikmin in any promotional stuff?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
See, that's the problem. I would have no trouble at all paying $10 for say, Super Mario RPG or Chrono trigger if I could then turn around and get Yoshi's Cookie for a dollar.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I still have no idea why every company gave up on making a plethora of controller colors in the N64 era. Why are there only 2 - 4 colors of controllers now? Give me everything under the sun as standard controller colors instead of "limited edition" or whatever.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

King Chicken posted:

My only problem with the Afterglow controllers is that they can be a pain in the rear end to connect to a PC. I'm probably in the 1% of people that would give a poo poo about this, but you never know!

Hey PC connectivity is like 90% of the reason USB controllers still exist!

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Well Nintendo, the first step is admitting you have a problem :unsmith:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/17/wii-u-not-selling/

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Bayonetta 2 is, at the very least, in a playable stage because I played the demo at NYCC back in October, so I would be surprised if it doesn't come out this year.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

deadwing posted:

Please don't sell Nintendo Land it is sincerely fantastic, especially if you have friends who like to drink and play video games.

Truth. Luigi's Mansion Ghost Hunt will never not be fun in a dark room full of drunk people.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Blades need to be dodged (or sometimes deflected), strikes need to be blocked. There's a lot of unblockable attacks and you need to learn to distinguish from them.

This is my biggest complaint with W101, there doesnt seem to be any pattern as to what attacks can be blocked, and which ones need to be dodged, so it's basically a giant game of trial and error. You can wail on an enemy for 10 minutes trying and failing to break through their super armor, or you can try blocking everything and die repeatedly to unblockable bullshit attacks.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I'm gonna miss dry-bones, but I guess Ludwig is a suitable replacement. :getin:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
^^^That's fantastic

How is no one talking about Electrodrome? Best track since Coconut Mall? I think so. :allears:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
The biggest game that sin committed was having all of the original Symphonia characters join you temporarily as "guests" and you can't play as them. DotNW is a bad tales game on par with Legendia (which is saying something since Legendia is literally unfinished) but it tried to get away with it by plastering beloved characters and locations all over itself.

That being said it does have a semi-interesting monster capture/training mechanic ala Pokemon. That was the one redeeming factor of that game, what I wouldn't give for a PC in a mainline Tales game that was a beastmaster and could capture wild beasts like that :(

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Tensokuu posted:

Gonna go pick up MK8 and claim Zelda as my freebie. I am having a hard time picking between Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Any thoughts?

Mario 3D world if your favorite platformers are modern ones like Mario Galaxy or Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong if your favorite platformers are classic 2D ones like Super Mario World or Sonic 1 - 3.

Pikmin is awesome if you liked the other games in the series, or if you just have a soft spot for weird RTS style games.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Wild Knight posted:

Is that blood? How does a moon get blood on its teeth?

Maybe he has sensitive gums?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Just FYI on the Best Buy thing, the sales do work online if your local store is out of stock, but the online store is already running out of stock on things too, namely Bravely Default.

Got my copy this morning though :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Yeah, that implies that on the eshop the combined price of 1 and 2 will be equal to the physical box price (likely $60). That would mean that the eshop price for just 2 could be $10 or $20 cheaper for anyone who already owns/has played/doesn't care about the original, which doesn't seem likely.

• Locked thread