Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
LAST SEASON: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3435580

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRNd4AflZM&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNpv_O3LKrk&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilObYb0gt10&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUdNtYsBwo&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQTef5GbPQ&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtcbviP9dlA&hd=1

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The finale will be in early February, as it's a 13-episode season. There will be two short breaks (probably baseball-related); the season is to run 4 eps / 2 eps / 7 eps, with a three-part finale.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Hey, it got us a final season. I'll take what I can get.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

IRQ posted:

Someone spoil me, I still have like 9 episodes of the last season sitting on my DVR suffering from the Fringe mid-season nothing loving happens in MOTW episode blues. Does Peter get back into the right timeline? Is it worth forcing my way through these?

Do yourself a favor, watch AT MINIMUM episode 19 ("Letters of Transit"), which sets up the final season; episode 20 ("Worlds Apart") which may or may not end the "red" universe storyline; and then the two-part season finale. This is very, very important going into the final season.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Rewatching 'Letters of Transit' - Walter, Astrid, Peter, and Bell were amber'd in the typewriter shop we'd seen many times before, which housed the quantum-entangled typewriter used to communicate with the other universe.

Since we later found out that the bridge to the other side ended up closed, and that Olivia got de-Cortexiphaned after she got shot in the head, the team had no way to reach Walternate and company... after the Observer invasion, I am convinced that the team was trying to reach the alternate Fringe team for help, or backup, or SOMETHING to fight the Observers.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Here's a nutso tidbit about the world of the future, from io9.

quote:

In the Observer-controlled future, there's a general lack of decency and dignity, most notably when it comes to a group of people referred to as Amber Gypsies. These creepy mercenaries cut out blocks of amber — with human being still encased inside of it — and sell it. And people use the ambered humans as furniture.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Maybe Olivia is off being a coffee table or something

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I think we're to assume that Walter is now back to his original, pre-brain-removal state. FULL WALTER.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Odoyle posted:

Yeah, it's ridiculously linear and forced. Don't get me wrong, I really liked HL2 and the first 3 seasons but this is like X-files after it should have gracefully exited. Or Lost's last season.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Daysvala posted:

That was a really jarring end to the episode.

What's up with Walter anyways? During the 19th episode of season 4 Walter was basically a one man army with his genius back, but every time I expected him to outsmart the observers or have a clever plan ready, he just sort of stood there. It's not like a home-made concussive device is hard to make ahead of time, in the event he was cornered like that.

Did they retcon the part where Walter got the full measure of his mind back or something?

I think it's probably pretty difficult to conjure up a bomb when five guys have guns in your face, and then you get your brain scrambled. I'm not sure when you thought he was able to fight back.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aphrodite posted:

Does Fringe do by-episode starring credits, or are Broyles and Nina dropped from the main cast?

I did a quick check on older episodes, and Blair Brown was credited on episodes where she did not appear as recently as Season 4. They're probably reduced to a recurring status because of budgetary reasons, but I assume that at least one of them will appear in next week's episode, so we'll see for sure then.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Good interview with Lance Reddick here: http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/watch-fringe-star-lance-reddick-teases-the-final-season

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aphrodite posted:

Every episode of Sliders was a bad episode of Sliders.

You take that back

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Nice touch on the cubes, when activated, the lights flashed green-green-green-red. Love a good callback.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
They didn't say that time was 'shorter' or 'passed faster', but that it 'looped in on itself'. Forward may not always be forward, but a wrap-around sort of thing. It's not normal time, but they didn't say it was 'faster' or 'slower'.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
These little marble things caught my eye when Peter was doing his dance to cross over. Strange that they don't mean anything, as far as I know.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Yeah, they're not contracted as regulars this season for the budget. Nina is set to make at least one appearance in the next few weeks, and I'm sure they'll both be around for the finale.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
After the break, it's new episodes all the way to the end.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I just had my first Red Vine. My god, what the hell is Walter thinking?

I'm definitely in the Twizzlers camp.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The Red Vines I had tasted like dry wax. So gross. Twizzlers are awesome, shut your face.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Continuum is pretty good. The first season all aired in Canada in the Fall; it's a bit of a slow start but it's a good finale and has already been renewed for a second season.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
This is not the Lost thread.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Nobody ever talks about Astrid :allears:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
What we know about Astrid:

• She had a father
  • ???
  • Profit

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Electromax posted:

Just picked up some twizzlers for prep! No red vines in my area :(

That's fine. Red Vines are terrible.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Note the 'thank you' message.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Quick thoughts on how Peter is still there after the reset:

Peter-A and Peter-B were both sick as children; Walter watched Walternate hunt for a cure. If all the Observers were unmade, then September never distracted Walternate, so Peter-B was cured, and Walter saw what formula to use to cure Peter-A.

Therefore, Olivia and Peter-A got together - that's who we see at the end - and because he was so young when he was cured, he grew up as pretty much the same person as Peter-B (the Peter we watched throughout the series).

Easy solution.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought Peter-A was already dead at that point and due to that he was obsessed with seeing Peter b

poo poo, you're right. Never mind.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

hcreight posted:

God forbid we discuss the plot of a very plot-driven show.

No, he's right: it was a very sweet, very emotional ending, but if you think about it for more than a minute there are some very big logic holes there.

So let's not think about it and just be sad :sigh:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Deadpool posted:

Wait, you guys thought it was Olivia that killed Windmark? I thought it was made pretty clear that Michael did it.

What? I must have completely missed that, because I saw Olivia get thrown across the street, see Etta's bullet and get pissed, start to super-charge up her Cortexephan power (sucking all the electricity) from the buildings behind her, and then the truck got tossed across the way into Widmark. What did Michael do?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Mu Zeta posted:

Am I getting things mixed up or did "Peter" never happen in the world of the finale?

"Peter" happened as shown, but when Walter and Peter fell into the ice at the end, September never showed up to save Peter. Walter survived.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Day Break. A one-season wonder that aired on ABC about time loops in east LA.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Taffer posted:

But brace yourself, because unlike Fringe it has horrible acting and writing.

Oh, come on. Continuum's not that bad.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I think it was two things - tailoring the writing more towards her strong suits, and then playing up the reason why the character seemed so 'flat' in the early days of the show. Anna Torv is pretty great in Seasons 2-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
:eng101: The Alias "Project Christmas" puzzle shows up in Walter's lab in Jacksonville, as one of the tests for the Cortexiphan kids.

• Locked thread