Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

meanolmrcloud posted:

This happens constantly when I give my 3 year old pizza and she turns it around and bites the crust.

i hate to break it to you but your baby is Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmAcULPMu4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
lmao

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
It was bring your kid to work day today and I thought it would be good to bring the toddler. She definitely charmed the pants off everyone, but oof.

She loved the office cow statue though.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Pham Nuwen posted:

i hate to break it to you but your baby is Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmAcULPMu4

Wish my baby would attempt a coup of the federal government.

In other news, one year old was crying and my 3 year old ran and grabbed her harmonica and a maraca and did a gangly awkward 3 year old song and dance to cheer her up, creating a memory that I’ll most likely have forever.

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016
Nothing quite like working a 60 hour week while going back and forth between a sick, miserable toddler who’s only doing so-so at potty training and a sick, miserable, pregnant wife who has no patience for potty training and is upset he isn’t done after 6 days

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

My 3 year old unspooled the toilet paper and, when the mess was found, proceeded to blame it on the cats. Bub, don’t drag Pompom into your house crimes.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Academician Nomad posted:

Nothing quite like working a 60 hour week while going back and forth between a sick, miserable toddler who’s only doing so-so at potty training and a sick, miserable, pregnant wife who has no patience for potty training and is upset he isn’t done after 6 days

Our kid is 3.5 and still has an accident once a week it's fine

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Academician Nomad posted:

Toddler is only going to go back into pants peeing and making GBS threads mode once baby arrives. Might be worth just waiting until after that giant upheaval to try potty training.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

When you cannot explain how the body works to a toddler

quote:

"Dad I want to pooooooooooooooooooooop" [every hour]

This weekend will be the first weekend we have car camped as a family, so it will be interesting. I took the boy car camping by myself last year and we had a grand ol' time.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I didn’t fully appreciate how much ground a kid can cover until the 1yo decided to take a stroll while eating a crumbly granola bar. House was immediately covered in crumbs.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Or having him sleep in a onesie that has the little fold over sleeves to cover his hands. The latter is a lot easier.

I can recommend these as well

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Also those baby nail grinders are pretty helpful for keeping the claws dull. You still need to keep on top of it, which is just one of many sisyphean tasks of parenthood.

As far as the scratches themselves go, at least in our two at that age they always heal pretty quickly, but whatever petrolatum based goop you're using (vaseline, aquaphor, etc) helps protect the cuts while they heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Emily Spinach posted:

Also those baby nail grinders are pretty helpful for keeping the claws dull. You still need to keep on top of it, which is just one of many sisyphean tasks of parenthood.

I second this recommendation. We have some no name Amazon one (Fansidi or something?) and it works great. A lot better than trying to use clippers or a hand file. KG3 mainly tolerates it. I think I grind down his claws every third day