Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Behonkiss posted:

Does anyone else get irked listening to Jason Murphy? I liked him at first, but came to realize that he's the living embodiment of :smug:, down to his loving speech pattern. That and he tries way too hard to push shock humor instead of actually being clever like Jeff.
He's beginning to annoy me because in the call in shows/e-mail podcasts, he never has anything to contribute to the questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Korey and Billy's new show is up. I've got nothing as far as names for the new podcast show...

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

So, the Korey and Billy show continues to be untitled and the LEOG is being cancelled and replaced with a Leon + Cyrus only show.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

bowser posted:

So, the Korey and Billy show continues to be untitled and the LEOG is being cancelled and replaced with a Leon + Cyrus only show.
I wonder how much was that an internal decision or Hollywood.com leaning in on them?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

bowser posted:

LEOG had the loosest format, which I think was a problem. It always seemed like something different was going on every week.

I also feel like someone (Korey or whoever) is trying to reduce the number of people in each podcast (see: Korey and Billy doing their own show separate from Let's Do This, and now the LEOG thing).

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Cat posted on Facebook that she was told that LEOG had the lowest ratings of any podcast on the site, but Peter said that can't be true since there are at least 2 others with lower ratings (plus the new Korey and Billy show). I think they just want to start making more defined rules for the podcasts to follow, like fixed times of ~90 minutes and like you said, 2 hosts per show.

Technically most of the LEOG members other than Leon and Cyrus are involved in other podcasts/sites. The Beerists, Lounge Geeks, Doctor Nerdlove, etc. Personally, that's far too much effort for me to follow all of those, so I'll just hope they continue doing things like LEOG Blue Christmas every once in a while.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Billy and Korey show had like 20,000 views for its first episode.

LEOG is also probably the lowest weekly podcast since the Loading Bar is like every other week or month or whatever.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tae posted:

The Billy and Korey show had like 20,000 views for its first episode.

LEOG is also probably the lowest weekly podcast since the Loading Bar is like every other week or month or whatever.
Loading Bar is harder to measure because they have weekly reviews, but every other week there's an Email or call-in show.

But yeah the problem with LEOG was the number of people per podcast (which I swear sometimes had to have been like 6-7).

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
You know today's Let's Do This!!! featured one of the most inspired "gently caress you!"'s I've heard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Fungusmonkey, the site runner, cleared up why LEOG was ending.

Fungusmonkey posted:

The LEOG also isn't ending because the "numbers are low". The numbers are good, just not as good as they could be with some tweaking. If it was up to Hollywood, we'd keep doing the same show for the next twenty years because they don't really even listen to our content. The choice to change things up for the better was up to Cyrus and Leon. LEOG didn't get "cancelled" by anyone. The hosts are simply starting a new show. Hollywood had nothing to do with it. Korey gave them some suggestions on how to improve their show (and bring it back up to where they used to be) and Cyrus and Leon ran with that and decided they'd like to make a lot of changes. Blaming some outside force makes it sound like they're being forced to do something, or like some injustice has been done. They CHOSE to do this. It's a positive thing. And yes, there are a lot of reasons why, but not all of them are any of our business. Ratings are easy to talk about because that's something most people can understand.

My issue is with your assumptions being far from the reality of the situation, and the way you state them like they're fact.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I still want to punch Fungusmonkey in the face.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Star Man posted:

I still want to punch Fungusmonkey in the face.

I really hate the sound of his voice and his woman

Sad days for LEOG. I figured that with everyone doing their own thing now they were too busy. probably left leon and cyrus scrambling to get enough people together to do the podcast. They did start off with always a third mic.

I did like the tail end crew. Leon's friend..john? He's definitely really funny. Hope he gets on somewhere.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Holy poo poo. Please, please tell me Billy Brooks voiced Conway Stern on Archer.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Benny the Snake posted:

Holy poo poo. Please, please tell me Billy Brooks voiced Conway Stern on Archer.

I'm afraid not.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Yeah, it would be too perfect :allears:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

Billy Brooks isn't his real name.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So for this week's A Couple of Cold Ones, Korey's revealed a couple of bombsells:

1) New project-Spill viewer email animations. Weekly animated film reviews looks like they'll be postponed indefinitely. However, Korey has stated that they will do animations after a film drops. So it looks like they'll be going the Half in the Bag route of film review where they'll wait a week or two to give them time to breathe and make relvant analysis. Iron Man 3 is on tap for next week. So much for seeing an animated review for The Great Gatsby :(

2) Korey has herpes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 2nd one is basically a lie.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
And thus ends the League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen. LONG LIVE THE LEAGUE! :smith:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I thought it was funny that the episodes started getting better once they announced the show would be ending.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So according to Jason, the LoadingBar is cancelled.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That doesn't make much sense, weren't they about to go to E3? It's starting to feel like the site is going under.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

It sounds like Hollywood.com is really shaking things up. Maybe they needed the extra money to create a new show with Korey! All Korey every day! :suicide:

I hope The Loading Bar moves to its own site or something, I really did like them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I also can't find where you are seeing these comments about the cancellation.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just checked The Loading Bar Facebook pager and Jason's page, man this sucks. :(
I hope they get a new site to work with. At least they'll do the TLB E3 show.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ It hasn't been made official yet, but it will soon.

[LIVE EDIT]: Korey is hosting his Spill Live Call In Show, he is dealing with the flack happening with the cancellation.

A blog post from Caitlin on the sidebar is kinda explaining things a bit better:

quote:

Okay I wanna say this about the whole Loading bar getting canceled situation. Yes I'm sad Loading Bar is canceled. Jason has stated that he and Jeff will still be doing the Loading Bar. It just won't be associated with Spill.com anymore. Or be called the Loading Bar. I want Jason and Jeff to know I support them fully. They are amazing, funny, and talented guys who I know will be able to go really far with whatever they chose to do.

I'm not angry really about Loading Bar being canceled. I know that can't have been an easy call for Korey to make. I know he wouldn't have done it if he had a choice. I lay the blame for this on Hollywood.com. What I AM mad about however is how people are treating Korey. No one deserves to get death threats over a canceled show. Everyone I'm begging you to act like adults. Show that we are loyal MATURE fans. We are better then the death threats. Feel free to show your disapproval of the decision but do it in a classy matter.

This isn't the end of the world and honestly I think this is for the best. Loading Bar didn't get the attention it deserved from spill.com not because of spill.com itself but because of Hollywood.com. They were constantly put at the bottom of the page and weren't getting the proper funding. With this I think that Jeff and Jason will be able to do bigger and better things with Loading Bar. It will take some time but as long as we give them our support I know they will be able to do it.

Again please no death threats I beg of you. No one deserves such things.Spill.com you still have my love. I'll still be attending Spill.con. I know spill will bounce back from this.

Keep it classy,

Cailtin

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 23, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The comments are saying that Remote Viewing is gone, too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wow, if that's the case. So that would knock it down to ACOCO, LTD, Korey & Billy, and that new Leon & Cyrus show.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I really wish they would just separate from Hollywood.com, maybe talk with Roosterteeth about a movie division.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

And according to Cat on Facebook, the new Leon & Cyrus show is on the chopping block before it has even begun. It sounds like the site is pretty much being dismantled.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The hell is going on over there?

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Tae posted:

The comments are saying that Remote Viewing is gone, too.
https://twitter.com/BriguySalisbury/status/337658453730406400

Oh what the gently caress :(

The last couple of months I've been slowly going through the Remote Viewing backlog and been watching as many movies as possible based on their recommendations. Robot and Frank, City of God, and Side by Side were all great and I had never heard of them before. Just last weekend I watched Clue, and it might be my new favorite movie. Last night I watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil, I can see why Brian Loved it. This is awful news.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

And...Leon was fired too. The site is dead.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The hell. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Seriously, the site can't sustain itself this way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, so much for that RTX meet-up, because at this rate there will be no Spill.

At least Korey and Leon can start their chicken restaurant plans early.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Now if Leon is gone, what happens to the Original Gentlemen, or will that be scrapped as well.

RTX will be pretty depressing, since The Loading Bar are up first.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

It sounds like The Original Gentlemen isn't happening. Leon will stick around on ACOCO but won't be on the reviews. Without Remote Viewing or The Original Gentlemen, it sounds like Cyrus is pretty much out of a job as well, but he hasn't mentioned anything yet.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just checked Cyrus' Facebook page, he's calling for people not to abandon Spill, as people's livelihood are at stake:

quote:

Please, PLEASE, folks. Stop talking about abandoning Spill because of all the crappy stuff that was announced today. Yes, it was out of our control. But I and several other people still very much depend on the site for our living and we are determined to one way or another continue delivering great content. Abandoning the site isn't a message sent to the masters in the sky so much as it is putting the remainder of our living in serious danger. Show your support for us, the people who still work there, by checking out whatever happens next.

I'll also be moving at least one of my shows to a different site (albeit with a different name and altered format) and I'll be sure to tell you guys the deets as soon as I know them.

So it sounds like The Original Gentlemen / LEOG may live on in another format. Some good news, no matter how small.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Jesus H. Christ, the whole thing has just been decimated. Yeah, it's time to abandon Hollywood.com and either move on to something else or find someone that will adopt them.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I wouldn't expect the Untitled Billy and Korey Show to last too long either.

Man, this is a sad day. Long live a good chunk of the site!

[EDIT]: Korey says they will post up a recording of the Live Call In Show soon for people who couldn't listen to it live, basically all the calls were about the changes, job losses and cancellations.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Wow, this is really lovely news to come home to.

Unless they ditch Hollywood.com, I'm not even sure if Spill will be around by next year :(

• Locked thread