Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Quite a bummer to start my weekend with. These guys were my favorite. Been listening to them since the beginning in 2007.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other movie podcasts in a similar vein?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why did I think this was going to happen. That blows.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Wait what? Nooooo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here's the Call In Show.....:(

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/korey/2013/12/06/spill-call-in-show

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I got to meet Korey earlier this year at NMX Vegas when both of our shows were up for Podcast Awards; he was a really cool dude. He was about the only person there whose podcasts I'd listened to before, so it was humbling to meet him, especially since he was really friendly and welcoming. Guess he might not be coming next year then. :(

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

drat...the Site was really gutted earlier this year with the loss of a lot of its content, but the podcasts have still been good recently.

Really sucks that they're losing their jobs right around Christmas time, though.

Edit: I wonder if Hollywood.com will retain the rights to "Co-Host 3000", "Goatsie", "Some Ol' Bullshit", etc.

bowser fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 7, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why don't they spin off into something else?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It sounds like Hollywood.com will keep those rights. They wouldn't give them to the former Loading Bar people, even stupid things like the made up characters they had on YouTube.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

It sounds like Hollywood.com will keep those rights. They wouldn't give them to the former Loading Bar people, even stupid things like the made up characters they had on YouTube.

That's lame.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm thinking about making them a cool little short film, because I still have my Co-Host puppet I made for another short film, and I don't know what to do with it. So I'll make it worth it.

I just need your guy's help with a few things.

Can you list your favorite Spill moments so I can compile them in an interesting way? I'll have to manually go in and snag them before the site goes down and all that.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The story of Korey about to bitch out a special needs girl. Even though that was recent I was dying.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Which podcast was that? Everyone should do that too, list the podcast and date if they can. :D

I can find it from there.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Which podcast was that? Everyone should do that too, list the podcast and date if they can. :D

I can find it from there.

Last Vegas review I think. Also Cohost's story from One Direction review.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank you sir. I will add it to my list.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If Korey is willing, he can probably ask Roosterteeth if they need a movie division since he's friends with one of the founders (went to college with one of them IIRC).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tae posted:

If Korey is willing, he can probably ask Roosterteeth if they need a movie division since he's friends with one of the founders (went to college with one of them IIRC).
He knows a lot of people..I have to think he'll be OK. Not sure about the others though.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I have a feeling Tony (Co-Host) is just going to leave podcasts behind at least for some time, and Korey might too. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm more than certain that Rooster Teeth would take them under their wing if they worked out something. People have been clamoring for that since last summer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CelticPredator posted:

I'm thinking about making them a cool little short film, because I still have my Co-Host puppet I made for another short film, and I don't know what to do with it. So I'll make it worth it.

I just need your guy's help with a few things.

Can you list your favorite Spill moments so I can compile them in an interesting way? I'll have to manually go in and snag them before the site goes down and all that.
Billy's reaction to Howard Stern buzzing that kid on America's Got Talent

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

He knows a lot of people..I have to think he'll be OK. Not sure about the others though.

Cyrus already has another website, Leon's got a day job, and Co-host I'm sure has some sort of back-up. The main problem I see is that Korey has been tired of reviewing movies and wants to move on, so I don't likely see a second Spill.com just like Rage Select came from Loading Bar's demise.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Cyrus already has another website, Leon's got a day job, and Co-host I'm sure has some sort of back-up. The main problem I see is that Korey has been tired of reviewing movies and wants to move on, so I don't likely see a second Spill.com just like Rage Select came from Loading Bar's demise.
Yeah it certainly seems that way...he had been talking for awhile about wanting to go back into making film again, so maybe he'll do that for awhile.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Also, if you're going to make a Spill highlight reel, then it absolutely must include this review.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
gently caress, this is the worst kind of news to wake up to. I was sad when The Loading Bar, LEOG and the few other bits were lost. I was hoping they could bounce back but I guess Hollywood.com were losing too much on it. If I remember corretly that website had losses too.

I hope the guys find another home like Jeff and Jason did with RageSelect. Sad days ahead. :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I haven't been keeping up with the call in shows, has Korey said anything new about what he might be doing next?

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the call in shows, has Korey said anything new about what he might be doing next?

He keeps hinting at starting a site alone, without anyone above him but he keeps saying he will announce something soon.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tormented posted:

He keeps hinting at starting a site alone, without anyone above him but he keeps saying he will announce something soon.
I've been listening to part of this call in show and it sounds like he wants to do a Kickstarter of some kind.

I missed if he said anything about what they're doing with the site content after Jan 1st though.

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 12, 2013

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What he said was, Fungus Monkey is taking all the videos and saving those, and then he'll try and grab the audios after that. The hopeful plan is, Spill.com will still exist, but nothing new will be added. It would be like a archive site. Which, I guess would be nice.

All user accounts and posts will be erased from the site, though.

No word if Co-Host 3000 will have to change his name.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

No word if Co-Host 3000 will have to change his name.
I would assume that's likely considering Hollywood wouldn't let Jeff (now of Rage Select, formerly Loading Bar) call himself Professor Jeff on the new site.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Vincent Damon Furnier, who we all know better as Alice Cooper, pays royalties to his former original bandmates because they trademarked the name. Things are funny sometimes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I find it funny that normal names like Cyrus and Leon are trademarked to that one specific white and black guy.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why do they even go by other names in the first place? Co-Host is one thing given the character, but Cyrus and Leon are the two that baffle me.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

They picked those as stage names back when they were still doing public access TV and I guess they just stuck.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They both have other jobs and they wanted to keep them separated, I think was the reason I heard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sometimes they go jokingly over the top on protecting their identity that one time Cyrus (Chris) brought in some guy named Chris to prove that "driver" actually existed and not him slipping in his real name.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Korey just got his Kickstarter approval and it's live. On my phone otherwise I would post the link.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
IT AIN'T GOIN DOWN LIKE THAT

(and stay the gently caress off Facebook)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's already at like $4,000 in 20 mins.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's already at like $4,000 in 20 mins.

Really? At this very moment it's a little under $3,000.

EDIT: now it's breached $3,300. I won't be surprised if the goal is reached this week. I'll be putting in $100 when I get paid next week.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 13, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gonna put in what I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All I have is 25 bucks on my paypal.

All of it is going to Korey. Don't even need to think about this.

EDIT...er...goddamnit. They don't take paypal.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 13, 2013

• Locked thread