Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Star Man posted:

Really? At this very moment it's a little under $3,000.

EDIT: now it's breached $3,300. I won't be surprised if the goal is reached this week. I'll be putting in $100 when I get paid next week.
At the rate it's going now, they could hit the goal by tomorrow. Already at just below $12,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Just donated. up to 23 thousand.

I'm not even surprised. Spill has always treated their fans right. Always. To throw away a community like that is crazy. Long live spill.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
30k? How much was Rage Select?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Wow! The Kickstarter just got funded, in less than 6 hours.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

God:drat:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
They still get the extra money right?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Korey starts putting up stretch goals at some point.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

They still get the extra money right?
Yeah, I bet they can more than double that goal

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

30,000 really isn't that much when you take into account the costs of equipment, webhosting, hiring a programmer etc. Definitely hope they get enough to bring on at least Leon and/or Co-Host as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sure he's calculating based on how much he's paying for his current guys and probably getting help from the Roosterteeth guys on the website part. Just not from Gus, Do Not Ask Gus About Website Making.

edit: In the latest Call-in show, Korey would've been fine if he didn't do the kickstarter because his condo's worth tripled, so he would've sold the place for a nice profit.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 14, 2013

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He did say in his Kickstarter update that he lowballed the amount on purpose because he's never done a Kickstarter before and wasn't sure if people would be able to contribute that much money, which is what I suspected.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

He did say in his Kickstarter update that he lowballed the amount on purpose because he's never done a Kickstarter before and wasn't sure if people would be able to contribute that much money, which is what I suspected.

Yeah, it sounds like the real goal is around $100,000. Considering it's already approaching $50k after the first day, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Kickstarter is at $72,000 after two days, with 1100 backers. I'm glad for him, hopefully if they raise a lot of money it won't just be himself and maybe Alan. I would really like to hear from Billy again.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

Kickstarter is at $72,000 after two days, with 1100 backers. I'm glad for him, hopefully if they raise a lot of money it won't just be himself and maybe Alan. I would really like to hear from Billy again.

Yeah, it sounds like $100,000 is the amount where he can afford to bring over most of the people/feautres from Spill.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

HorseRenoir posted:

Yeah, it sounds like $100,000 is the amount where he can afford to bring over most of the people/feautres from Spill.

Cyrus, Leon and Co-Host said they wouldn't be on the new site?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Cyrus, Leon and Co-Host said they wouldn't be on the new site?

The latest let's do this was all about Korey starting the kickstarter if Co-Host was supportive of it.

Cyrus and Leon doesn't matter as much because they have their own site and will probably join with the new Spill.

With Rage Select soon after, it'll basically be just like the old Spill pre-Loading Bar firing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Leon said he'd be with Korey no matter what on the newest ACOCO.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Looks like the plug's been pulled earlier than expected. Spill.com redirects to Hollywood.com now, and the iTunes feed is down.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Behonkiss posted:

Looks like the plug's been pulled earlier than expected. Spill.com redirects to Hollywood.com now, and the iTunes feed is down.
Must of been temporary: Spill's still up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Korey's looking into it, but it's probably just an outage

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Apparently Fungusmonkey said that Hollywood wasn't happy about Korey using Spill to promote the Kickstarter and the sudden shutdown may be a result of that. Huge dick move on Hollywood's part if true.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hope that's not true, but it's certainly not out of the question

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Spill.com now redirects to Hollywood.com, so that can't be good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Here's my way of dealing with this horrible thing. I sent it to Co-Host, so we'll see what he says when he gets around to it. If ever.
=

But I hope you guys enjoy it. Uh, since it's got a copyright song, it might not work for everyone. So I apologize. Also, one shot shows the strings. Not too good at puppet work. Not a good puppet, really. It was a rush job for the fan film contest they did. Eh. But I wanted to get some more mileage out of it before it's going to be essentially useless.

It's a ripoff of Breaking Bad's ending, so SPOILERS I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sorRzbih9Z4

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 22, 2013

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Korey basically confirmed that the site is dead, but didn't give much reason as to why.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
That was quick: https://soundcloud.com/kcoolman/koreymartinshow-aud

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Not surprising since they used to record ACOCO on Sundays.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So the Kickstarter reached the goal of $100K, and that will allow Korey to hire Martin (aka Leon) full time. Apparently they want to bring Billy back, which I support. I still haven't heard what's going on with Co-Host. I already listen to Chris/Martin's new site One of Us, where they basically still do LEOG and the DVD/home release shows almost identically to when they had those shows on Spill. I take it Chris is more interested in running his site at this point, based on what he's said on those podcasts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought the 100k was needed to basically get the entire spill crew back, and it's not like Chris's site is profitable right now to say no to a job.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
On the latest Korey and Martin show, Korey said that Tony (aka Co-Host 3000) wanted to do his own thing for a while, like spend time with his family etc.

Korey also stressed that the money was to help run the new site for a year, that it would be for the new equipment, wages, hosting etc. They've only done a bare estimate, so to have Billy on or even Tony back, they would need more.

Korey is planning on doing a 24 hour live stream with special guests to raise more money towards the end of the Kickstarter date. Martin said he'd make an appearance, more details will be made available soon.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 4, 2014

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I edited the OP to include information about what's going on. There are links to Korey's Twitter feed, the Kickstarter, and to One of Us. Once things get settled and the boys have a brand new website, I will create a new thread for all of us to congregate to.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm glad to see that the former Loading Bar (now Rage Select) people are doing well enough.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

According to their Patreon thing they're getting about $1000 for every video they release. Not sure if that's before or after Patreon takes its share, though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They actually explained that it doesn't exactly work that way on a podcast , but now I've forgotten what they said about it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Korey's doing a 24 hour livestream that will start on Saturday at 12:15 Central and end at the same time on Sunday, which is when the Kickstarter concludes.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Korey's doing a 24 hour livestream that will start on Saturday at 12:15 Central and end at the same time on Sunday, which is when the Kickstarter concludes.

quote:

10 - 12 am: If we’ve reached $125K I’ll shave my head into a mohawk (complete with warpaint maybe). Who will do the deed?

I hope it gets there cause I want to see this.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Total: $133,860

Didn't see any of the livestream, did he cut his hair? I hope so. :allears:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He cut his hair. You got used to it after a few.

Here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMExhqe49RQ

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

He cut his hair. You got used to it after a few.

Here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMExhqe49RQ

It was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So is Billy on board? I miss Mr. Chompers :(

• Locked thread