Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Wow, this is really lovely news to come home to.

Unless they ditch Hollywood.com, I'm not even sure if Spill will be around by next year :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Wow! The Kickstarter just got funded, in less than 6 hours.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Korey starts putting up stretch goals at some point.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

He did say in his Kickstarter update that he lowballed the amount on purpose because he's never done a Kickstarter before and wasn't sure if people would be able to contribute that much money, which is what I suspected.

Yeah, it sounds like the real goal is around $100,000. Considering it's already approaching $50k after the first day, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

Kickstarter is at $72,000 after two days, with 1100 backers. I'm glad for him, hopefully if they raise a lot of money it won't just be himself and maybe Alan. I would really like to hear from Billy again.

Yeah, it sounds like $100,000 is the amount where he can afford to bring over most of the people/feautres from Spill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Apparently Fungusmonkey said that Hollywood wasn't happy about Korey using Spill to promote the Kickstarter and the sudden shutdown may be a result of that. Huge dick move on Hollywood's part if true.

• Locked thread