Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
So since the guy who was going to put crap like the frogout refresh animation in didn't end up taking over, did the stuff he was doing get culled too? It looked like a mixed bag, but PM support would rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I hope you mean 'make it adjustable' and not 'permanent giant text'. If anything I'd like to be able to shrink it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I had a weird glitch happen today. Reading over Edge on t-mobile, and threads loaded fine EXCEPT for threads in TFR. First page, last page, whatever. Everywhere else worked, TFR threads were "title not found" and page -1 of -1. Three separate threads did this. Amusingly enough this happened while I was at a shooting range. I don't know if it's a thing or what, but there it is.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

PM support!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I definitely prefer the icons, even with some of them being missing.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Could an option be added to disable phone number parsing? It's annoying to have stuff like "I used 500-1000 staples today" turn into a pointless tappable phone number. Minor gripe though. Just posting while its fresh in mind.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Also works. Didn't know if it was a disablable thing and/or something other people actually found useful. Thank you pokeymans!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Did you have to just hide tcc or what's the deal?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

That happens to me in certain places when using cell data. Haven't been able to pin it down beyond that but my suspicion is network fuckup rather than app bug. (Though maybe failing gracefully could be improved on but eh)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I just downloaded it, so something may just be broken for you.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Does the update to "old" awful turn it into a redirect to the new one or can you still use it?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Posting another vote for "killed by" instead of "posted by" in the bookmark tab.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

pokeyman posted:

Is it better than:

Show OP if you've never read the thread. Show last poster if you've read any of the thread.

Eh. A lot of threads are megathreads and who's posting in it now is more relevant than who started it 2 years ago.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

What's with the ugly grey background used everywhere, now? It's baffling that there's this new background padding when the edge-to-edge content on Awful.app was one of the best elements of its design. Now there's random rounded corners and grey text on grey background and ugh :smith:

This. It's just weird to read now.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Can't you access a bookmarked thread in TCC and go up to it from there? I'd think this would work even if it's hidden from the forum list.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

T-mobile has a content guard by default until you turn it off. It didn't shitlist SA, oddly enough; I only discovered it because it blocked "weapons related sites" when I tried to look at something on midwayusa.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I know you're not supposed to hit the server extra, but would it be possible to at least one-click cache an entire thread rather than having to load all the pages manually?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Can we get an option to sort the bookmarked threads pane with unread posts first? That's how SALR does it in Chrome on the PC, and it makes more sense.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

What's with that little "saved!" popup after you save an image? It's only like half a second delay but it won't let you click the "done" button until it finishes. Kinda annoying if you're going through a big image thread saving a lot of them.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Bumping my old request: can we have the bookmarked threads view sort unread threads to the top? SALR does this on the pc and its handy to have.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Is image uploading via the app still hosed? I tried it for the first time today and it just spun until I killed it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The redesign hosed SALR for chrome, too. I can't browse normally anywhere :<

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Hit an odd bug earlier. Tried to save an image, the "saving" thing came up and just never went away. Since that little spinner locks out all the buttons I had to forcequit the app. Kept happening every time.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I just got one where the bookmarked thread list refreshed, I tapped a thread, and got a different thread. Once the page loaded, the thread I had tapped on changed to the new thread, while also appearing below it. Seems like they switched target urls without updating the displayed text/icon.

Snapped a screenshot, helpfulness debatable:

I tapped on the poo poo that pisses you off thread in shsc and it sent me to the bodybuilding thread. When the thread list updated again, the stpyo thread was where that second instance of the swole thread appears in the pic.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

RE: IP instead of domain - How many people would really use that vs. everyone being locked out if the IP changes or something else related wigs out?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:stare::fh:

Having to load up Safari for those sucks, even on an ipad.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

In landscape mode on my iPhone 4, pull for next page does not work. There is not enough vertical space for it to register. The page scrolls up but just bounces back when released.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

pokeyman posted:

Does it work if you pull oh-so-incredibly slowly from just above the bottom toolbar?

It's working fine now, but when it happened before nothing I could do would make it work.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

slingshot effect posted:

I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not but I've noticed that all images hosted on minus.com don't show up inline, but they'll load when I tap on them and open them in a new window.

Considering minus is mostly used for gifs too big for imgur, I consider this a useful feature.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm randomly getting a bug where I can't scroll a thread at all. Everything else works, just not scrolling down past the first few posts on the page. The latest update didn't fix it either :|

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

pokeyman posted:

That's not good. iPhone or iPad? iOS 5, 6, or 7? Does it happen on different threads or is it the same one every time?

iPad 3. Ios7. If it happens, paging around that thread doesn't fix it, changing threads does. It's not a specific thread either, far as I can tell.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I kinda like having to do the two-finger dance to swipe out the bookmarks pane. I used to accidentally pull it out while scrolling, so this bug is actually useful.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

pokeyman posted:

Anyone who's got Awful using 100+MB: have you gone to send a post with images to upload and had Awful crash?

Yes and yes

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Occasionally I get that with trying to change pages on the iPhone version.

So is old awful abandoned at this point?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Oh an update. Hey still no thread sorting in the bookmarks list :sigh:

All that time and this still isn't in?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is a whiny crybaby and the issues that have been detailed are 1000% fictional.

Looks like a good thing I held off to see what the initial feedback sounded like!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

If people can decide everything is great in "less than a day" then people can decide it isn't, too.

Using Facebook is a bad example because they squeeze out turd-like new UIs every few months and ignore people because they can get away with it, not because they've actually improved anything.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

While pokeyman is being way, way cooler about it than the app's stalwart defenders,

got dat wmd posted:

Please try not to achieve a Linux forum degree of lack of helpfulness when seeing complaints.

Too late, we've already had "just fork it if you don't like it :smug:" make an appearance.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Accidentally updated on my phone. New version does indeed blow as much as I feared it would. Can't wait to get home and roll it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

You actually put in the thing where threads with unread posts get sorted to the top. This is excellent. If you could've put that in the old one and fixed the big with threads not scrolling it would be perfect. Otherwise old awful was 100% great and didn't need to be reinvented in an rear end- ugly style.

E: actually y'all didn't even fix that one thing, I just got a lucky arrangement if threads earlier. Never mind!

Javid fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 14, 2014

• Locked thread