Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Popehoist posted:

he wrote madoka.
Which is something most people here love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

The rookie looks rather 'moe', though. What is he on about? Compared to GITS the character designs look cutesy.
They're certainly not 'moe' in the typical anime way. I think she's meant to look somewhat innocent because her being somewhat innocent is actually a Thing, not because they want to sell figurines of her where you can see her underwear.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

Her eyes are the size of the stroopwaffels they sell at Starbucks and she doesn't have a nose. I thought that was the moe thing? Anyway, I'll shut up until I've seen the first episode.
It's pretty toned down compared to actual moe shows.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AzraelNewtype posted:

who for some bizarre reason agree that it wasn't that bad
Having different tastes and opinions than AzraelNewtype, LORD OF ALL ANIME: bizarre

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Urobuchi wrote that fanfic, and he probably got some inspiration from Equilibrum, but I doubt he literally just copy pasted that old fanfic to make an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

laplace posted:

It's not the derivative matter that was the issue, but rather the fact that Urobuchi has been toying with these ideas already and they haven't worked for him.
He wrote it nearly 10 years ago. I think he's allowed to give the concept another go after that long.

• Locked thread