Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I just want more of the cool ones, honestly. Most purples I have put out stupid amounts of damage. They might not be ideal for soloing Giantdingus the Unbelievable for ultimate DPS gamebreaker cannons or whatever, but poo poo, who cares? I want more guns that shoot bullets in flapping bird-wing patterns, or hop along the ground making GBS threads grenades because that rules.

I agree with this. I only ever found two E-tech pistols and both were interesting but somehwat terrible. Other than those and the Lascaux I can't really think of a drop, other than grenade mods, that made me go "hah, that's different enough to be fun" (though these do exist... they seem to often be made tough to find without major farming.) I expected this game to go a little more for variety in that sense rather than just scaling up the stats on a few basic archetypes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Well, the rocket launcher that hops along the ground making GBS threads grenades is real. I have one, only it's PT1. Tediore Bunny rocket launcher. :)

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

Fibby Boy posted:

Edit: Or a torgue relic that causes all of your melee attacks to create miniature nuclear explosions.

There's a Torgue shield that does essentially this in the Scarlett DLC. It's called Manly Man.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GammaShade posted:

There's a Torgue shield that does essentially this in the Scarlett DLC. It's called Manly Man.

I don't remember this shield yet I played the dlc. Think I need to go back through it and pick up this shield.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
It's one of the Message in a Bottle rewards.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Just somehow scored a Transformer and Deliverance from Pimon and Tumba one right after another on TVHM. Made pushing through the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve kinda underleveled feel worth it. Although the only thing I really had trouble with were the goddamn Rabid Stalkers. Fuckers had the little flashing skull above their name when I first warped into the preserve and a group of three of them proceeded to gangfuck me to death multiple times before I kinda got a lock on their movement patterns. Even when I was more even with 'em in terms of level the things were still the biggest pain in the rear end yet- they are bullet sponges that also duck and weave like mad while somehow simultaneously being so far up in your grill that you're constantly looking at your feet trying to hit the bastards. You'd think a Stalker that didn't hide and just ran right up to you would be easier to hit, but no. Gunzerker must have dumped more missed shots into these things than at anything else yet. I was relieved to shoot some robots and the boss somehow didn't present that much of a problem. gently caress Rabid Stalkers forever, basically.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
They are the one thing my retarded levels of damage output can't get rid of. Bring an electric gun for their kazillion point shield, then set them on fire while hitting them with the best slag gun you have. They still loving suck, mind you, but that helps.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

I want a tediore launcher that launches smaller guns at enemies.

You hear that Gearbox? You reading this? GET ON IT! I would use that gun until the end of time even if it did next to no damage and sucked up ammo like a vacuum cleaner. Even better if those guns it fired worked like little, less useful versions of Deliverance, shooting at the enemy until their clip ran out and then divebombing the enemy for the reloadsplosion.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
So, a while back there was a way to open the gold chest a million times for the cost of one key, does anyone remember how to do that?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha, just got a Bee from a silver chest while dinking around doing PT2.5 sidequests. Guess I won't ever need to farm Hellquist!

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Getting on now, and I can dupe any Seraph or Orange for you. GT: ColColonCologne

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

New keys:

WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK
PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6
X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

(No info provided on duration or number of uses, so, good luck?)

Son of a bitch, I guess it would be too late to try and redeem this now, huh?

Just tried and...yup. Too late.

:ughh:

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Did I imagine this or did a Repair Surveyor repair me when I thoughtlocked it?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Xidus posted:

Did I imagine this or did a Repair Surveyor repair me when I thoughtlocked it?

Yeah they do, thoughtlock is pretty great!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Geokinesis posted:

Yeah they do, thoughtlock is pretty great!

This is the first time that Thoughtlock has sounded appealing.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Marogareh posted:

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

Thanks for duels!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Quick draw rockets was pretty great.

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't remember this shield yet I played the dlc. Think I need to go back through it and pick up this shield.

The explosions look really small and if you get hit by an elemental you're pretty much hosed. If you want a massive blast with a huge radius get the love thumper. I'm using that with an orphan maker to force the effect to activate when there's no one around.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey, when I reach playthrough 2.5 don't all the quests from playthrough 1 that I haven't finished/started get bumped up to level 50, right? because I'm doing a few sidequests in TVHM that give me green items or lower because I need the experience and I wanna know that I'm not losing the chance to do them again at the level cap.

Marogareh posted:

If you want a massive blast with a huge radius get the love thumper. I'm using that with an orphan maker to force the effect to activate when there's no one around.
Never would've even thought of that combination... interesting. Also, thanks a bunch for all the duped oranges last night. I was just expecting Maggie and maybe The Bee but you gave me like 8 oranges and one or two blues so that saved me a lot of effort I'd have spent on farming them. Now I just need to reach lvl 50...

How do you dupe, anyway? Isn't it just dropping them for the other person and then quitting to the dashboard/PS3 main menu before the game can save and register that they're gone?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Just picked this up the other day and loving it so far, even if I'm dying all the loving time (as Salvador).

I vaguely remember in the first one that certain classes were more proficient with certain weapon types than other classes; is that still the case?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

All playthrough 2 quests get bumped to level 50, I'm pretty sure playthrough 1 just stays as is. It's not really worth waiting to do those quests though. There's better stuff to use.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 19, 2014

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

causticBeet posted:

Just picked this up the other day and loving it so far, even if I'm dying all the loving time (as Salvador).

I vaguely remember in the first one that certain classes were more proficient with certain weapon types than other classes; is that still the case?

Weapon proficiencies aren't a thing anymore, but the best way to gunzerk is with two shotguns. My proof for this is that it's badass.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

This is the first time that Thoughtlock has sounded appealing.

Really?

Thoughtlock is pretty great, you gain possibly a fairly damaging ally who the enemies will target ahead of you most likely (even moreso if you have converge).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

causticBeet posted:

Gunzerker owns. I use dual SMGs to throw a WALL OF BULLETS and murder everything. 1 slag SMG then another of your favorite elemental damage.

Only thing that sucks with using 2 of the same weapon type is you chew through your SMG ammo twice as fast.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Gunzerker owns. I use dual SMGs to throw a WALL OF BULLETS and murder everything. 1 slag SMG then another of your favorite elemental damage.

Only thing that sucks with using 2 of the same weapon type is you chew through your SMG ammo twice as fast.

I recommend getting 2x Infinity Pistols and a Sheriff's Badge and throwing a real wall of bullets. A real, endless, infinity-symbol-shaped wall of bullets.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah I really wish they had made it so that if you have the same weapon type in each hand, you regenerate ammo twice as quickly.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Geokinesis posted:

Really?

Thoughtlock is pretty great, you gain possibly a fairly damaging ally who the enemies will target ahead of you most likely (even moreso if you have converge).

Yeah and the alternative is cataclysm which is bad because the damage does not scale (although the slag is good when paired with converge it's generally not worth the rest of the points to get there), and middle tree Maya is pretty lame past Res

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*
Welp, I got an underleveled Bee and I've killed Mick 50+ times and no Maggie. since I don't even want to think about what it's like to farm CC, anyone want to help with some dupes? I'm on 360 right now.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Psyker posted:

I recommend getting 2x Infinity Pistols and a Sheriff's Badge and throwing a real wall of bullets. A real, endless, infinity-symbol-shaped wall of bullets.

How well does the Infinity work with that final perk in the Rampage tree? I think it's that it make you fire faster the longer you hold the trigger down? Sounds like the perfect thing for a bottomless supply of bullets.

Lofidelity Media
Nov 4, 2004

"Its a Strange World...Let's keep it that way."
Get ready for another weekend of Shift codes:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/951/borderlands-2-golden-keys-incoming

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feeble posted:

How do you dupe, anyway? Isn't it just dropping them for the other person and then quitting to the dashboard/PS3 main menu before the game can save and register that they're gone?

pretty much and I managed to get a legendary siren mod out of the red chest from the bunker arena. It isn't a bitch but it'll do.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Smokey posted:

I beat warrio in TVHM but none of the bosses or quests are scaling to 50. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug?

Once you've got the quest in your log, it won't scale to level, you have to avoid accepting quests if you want them to scale.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Crackatastic posted:

Welp, I got an underleveled Bee and I've killed Mick 50+ times and no Maggie. since I don't even want to think about what it's like to farm CC, anyone want to help with some dupes? I'm on 360 right now.

I should be online after 8:30 est tonight. I can help you out.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 19, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Actually Hunter can drop Bees lower than level 50 regardless. Mine was level 49.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I never played all of the DLC for the first Borderlands. Did they explain what happened to S&S Munitions, the guys who made guns with huge ammo capacity (now Bandit guns in this game)?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Speedball posted:

I never played all of the DLC for the first Borderlands. Did they explain what happened to S&S Munitions, the guys who made guns with huge ammo capacity (now Bandit guns in this game)?

Nope, they just got dropped.

I figure part of it was they wouldn't have a unique look, so they went with something that would.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Schedule for upcoming golden key codes: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/951/borderlands-2-golden-keys-incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Enter Char posted:

Nope, they just got dropped.

I figure part of it was they wouldn't have a unique look, so they went with something that would.

We will have a DLC about the how the CEO of S&S Munitions was driven mad by the competition and became a bandit.

• Locked thread