Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I beat the game with every side mission and am now starting SUper Vault HUnter mode or whatever.

WHYYYYYYYYY is it so loving hard?!

I'm level 37, and getting dominated before I get to Sanctuary.

One huge thing in playthrough 2 is that grenades are way more important, especially for filling in elemental gaps that you might have in your guns. Having a homing or longbow grenade is great either to strip shields (Tesla preferred), apply slag, or just melt the hell out of crowds with the right cloud grenade (loaders and acid clouds are a good pair). Bouncing betties are pretty good choices too for crowds.

Having a way to slag enemies is a huge help in melting through the absurd health levels and makes your elements that much more effective. Using a slag SMG with a cloud grenade can yield some silly damage, especially against things like threshers or stalkers.

If you don't want to play the elements game so much, go Torgue for maximum explosions, it's good on everything.

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm level 26 now and I swear I haven't found a single one of my favorite weapon: corrosive shotguns. I haven't found any in drops or in vending machines, or slot machines for that matter I've found every other kind of shotgun other than that one, and every other kind of corrosive weapon than that one. Are they not in the game or something?

edit: I just went through Where Angels Fear to Tread, which is nonstop robots, with the only corrosive weapon I had, Moxxi's Bad Touch. It's a good weapon, but I'm playing as C0unter Strike Zero which means the emphasis is on massive damage at close range with a single shot, a SMG is all wrong for that. It took forever.

Corrosive shotguns do exist, they're just pretty rare. You'll see them on Hyperion, Bandit, and Tediore shotguns. I haven't seen an elemental Jakobs, and Torgue is all explosions all the time, which works in its own way. I've gotten a couple of three- or four-shell caustic Hyperion shotties that would tear up buzzards really well. Bandit caustic shotguns are great due to the huge magazine.

It's also possible to roll a corrosive E-Tech shotgun, but those shoot balls of an element rather than shells and go through ammo like candy.

If you can find acid cloud or acid bouncing betty grenades, those will do the trick just fine against clumps of loaders, even on TVHM.

Alternately, use a slag gun (Maliwan SMG is easiest) and either shock or explosive damage, that'll be good against everything. Slag makes a huge difference and is crucial for beefier enemies. At level 30 when you unlock the kunai, that'll solve both your slag and corrosion problem, so you're not too far off.

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 27, 2012

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I ended up relying on my bouncing betty corrosive grenades pretty heavily in that last fight, but the problem is that the robots weren't ever spawning together in groups.

On the other hand though, I have Moxxi's heartbreaker too, so my anti-flesh shotgun ninja tactics are MORE than taken care of. Moxxi should start her own weapons company.

I prefer the cloud grenades since the betties can be a little finicky against single targets, personally.

Moxxi's Heartbreaker is made of awesome on both playthroughs, too. The level 44 version you get in Playthrough 2 is enough to ruin anything fleshy in a few shells, and is still great at level 50, chewing up rabid skags in seconds. On a second character you can save the quest for the level 50 version, which is even better. Marcus's relic doesn't even compare.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Jervas Dudley posted:

Anyone have any tips for PT2 crystalisks? I'm playing as Gaige and I ran out of ammo (mostly) critical hitting a crystalisk with a sniper rifle and only broke one leg. Deathtrap is useless against them. I don't think I've killed one on this playthrough, I just run past them. Nothing else gives me this kind of trouble.

Torgue shotguns do the trick great, can pop them in one shot if you've got some stacks of Anarchy. Torgue ARs or Pistols work as a substitute, but lack the up-front punch. Jakobs snipers can do a ton of damage, pop a leg in three or four bullets. Alternately, a high ROF Vladof pistol or a Tediore / Bandit SMG can drill in crits quickly. Since they're immune to elemental DoTs Maliwans aren't a good idea.

As above, if you have a weapon with a bayonet, that'll do tons of damage. Regular melee won't though, that was patched / bugged recently, needs to be a weapon.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

...! posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to kill the Warrior solo in TVHM? I'm a level 49 commando and all my weapons do absolutely poo poo damage to him. This is loving infuriating.

The level 50 Lady Fist will do enough damage to the Warrior once you pop his chest plate weak spot that you'll stop him from using his attacks. Use an AR or SMG to pop the chest, then switch to the Lady Fist.

Otherwise, grab the biggest Hyperion shotgun you can find and drill the core.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Bobfly posted:

So, "Mid-30s Gaige survivability tips?" - is pretty much what this post boils down to.
You'll want to put all five points into blood-soaked shields rather than three, 100% shield boosts are way better than 60%. Specifically, 5 points lets you recharge a nova shield every time you get a kill, which is pretty awesome. Whatever you can't bring down all the way, the nova shield usually finishes off, and the kill recharges it. I prefer shock due to its ability to be useful against every armor type.

Alternately, going with a nice Turtle shield can maximize the value of your recharges as well. The health hit isn't as bad since you'll constantly be recharging the shield.

In situations where charging in isn't viable, the right kind of cloud grenade can help tons for pouring on damage, preferably a lobbed or longbow version. Liberal use of transfusion grenades also works, albeit with less raw DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Armed Neutrality posted:

Christ, the warrior fight does take forever from the gazebo, especially when my turret shoots at everything but the warrior. :argh:
I don't know if you've gotten the Lady Fist in playthrough 2, but if you have, that gun alone is enough to kill The Warrior in a timely fashion. Use an SMG or assault rifle to open up a chest plate on The Warrior, then use the Lady Fist to drill the core. You'll do more than enough damage to where he won't get more than one attack off if you're quick on the switch. You don't have to worry about scaling, either, since the Lady Fist drops at level 50.

You'll burn through the majority of 800 pistol rounds, but you will be able to kill him from 100% to zero with that amount of ammo as long as you use a different weapon to pop the armor plates.

• Locked thread