Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

All the characters are good. I just suck at Zero, but they're all good. All of them!

Important Note for anyone who wants to get that "Challenge Accepted!" achievement/trophy. Some challenges only appear when you've got several (or ALL) levels of challenges in some weapon types. I believe you need to splash-damage kill hundreds of enemies to get the kill-directly rocket challenge. (The hell?) This should probably be added near the OP because it's probably going to be a FAQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I never played all of the DLC for the first Borderlands. Did they explain what happened to S&S Munitions, the guys who made guns with huge ammo capacity (now Bandit guns in this game)?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Solaris Knight posted:

My prediction: the Torgue DLC will have Mr. Torgue as a unlockable Vault Hunter

His Action Skill is the ability to throw unlimited grenades for a half minute, like a baseball machine but with your grenades.

Now I made myself hype :syoon:

Grenadezerker?

I'd buy it.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I seem to have become permanently overleveled for the story missions, I'm level 25 and they all list level 22. Is that just a natural result of doing every side mission?

Pretty much, yup. They don't necessarily expect you to do each and every side mission before pursuing the story. Don't feel bad about being overleveled, though: the alternative is everything being a slog to fight through, with equipment drops you can't use yet.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 26, 2012

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, neat. Unlocked challenges fill themselves up retroactively. I grinded up the Challenge for killing 200 creatures with rocket splash damage, and the one that opens up for direct-attack rocket kills got unlocked, and moved itself all the way up to Rank 3.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The thing that makes it not broken is the fact that max Blood-Soaked Shields will dock you 5% of your health every time you kill. You need to have some sort of health regeneration to sustain yourself.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I love my lowbie legendaries. I can't say I'd recommend farming too heavily for them, but it's kinda nice to have a few things to pass down the chain for each alt, especially if you plan to play all five classes eventually.

Hell, I have fond memories of my first legendary, a ridiculously overpowered grenade mod I think I got from Boom-Bewm. That sucker lasted me for many levels despite it being rated level 4.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Now I wonder what other brand-name vending machines would look like. Torgue's vending machine resembles a muscle car in box form, even has the chugging blowers. What the hell would a Bandit vending machine look like? Something out of Mad Max, all covered in rust and spikes? Would Hyperion's vending machine have extra flanges that fold out of it just to look cool, would a Maliwan vending machine have Tron Lines on it?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mr_D posted:

I've said it before, but if/when we go to the Moonbase, I hope we find Butt Stallion.

I keep imagining it looking like a crystaline quadruped. Or George Washington's horse from that song.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

drat, I seem to be missing something, I can't get the "Blight Explorer" achievement. I swear I've scoured both Arid Nexuses and I don't see any blank spots on the Sawtooth map. I just uncovered the hidden area in the center of the Blight, and I went up through most of the northwest part of the blight and shot the unique Gary guy but I don't see any other blank spots.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

It might be the hidden spot in the Sawtooth Couldron which you can only get to by jumping off the Buzzard's Nest. It's a small area with a tent and a weapon chest.

drat, I was just checking, and that IS it! Thanks.

Well, drat. I got all the individual exploration thingies but not the big trophy for all of them. I think I may have simply gotten the exploration for one zone on one character and not on my main. Yeesh.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 11, 2013

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Get some Cooking Up Trouble for Gaige, as well as Close Enough. Close Enough negates half of the problems with having an impossibly huge amount of Anarchy.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Holy heck, Krieg looks fun as hell to play. I think I'm going to enjoy this massively.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, even if you don't have the gear for it, having an increased level does make you do more damage against enemies, right? Krieg probably won't be doing quite so obscenely in the final build, but it'll still be pretty awesome to go into "blow poo poo up with dynamite" mode instead of "weakly crawl around and hope you get lucky with a shot" mode.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

burntpork posted:

So who's getting krieg day-1 on ps3? I was hoping to do some krieg-only co-op.

Yo. Though my download speed from PSN is crapola for some reason so I might not be Krieging at the very first opportunity like the rest of you all. Still looking forward to it.

PSN name is "sickly17"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Heh, my PS3 has been on auto-update for Borderlands 2 for a while. Haven't even touched Hammerlock's DLC yet, I was waiting for a new character class so I wouldn't totally burn out on Borderlands. I guess I'm good, then.

Man, that "setting yourself on fire" class seems so tasty, too, but I'm probably going to go for the one that turns you into a bomb machine and puts YOU into fight for your life when you save someone else. (So if you combo them both, you save your friend, then pull out some dynamite and go running after enemies, hell yeah...)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, according to one wiki, the chance to hurt yourself with melee attacks as Krieg for the skill Silence the Voices goes down as you rank the skill up. That's good!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Melee damage also goes up with your level by default, right? So... this looks like a much crazier, better version of BL1's Brick. With explosions!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Not out yet on PS3... but apparently Psycho class mods are already dropping because I've got one! Looks like a buzz saw. "Team Kill Skill duration +66%." Handy!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So do you get Bloodlust stacks on kills or on damaging enemies?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha, wow, even with a piddly fire pistol you can do a lot of damage with the Hellborn tree. Krieg is great.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, I've died a bunch but don't seem to be dropping the grenade as advertised. Unless the explosion is so small I'm not seeing it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I just checked. It only triggers when you die die. You drop off a grenade as your body is digitized back to the save point, you get a "PULL THE PIN!" note as you revive and presumably some xp as you killed the creature.

It's not going to save you from Fight For Your Life. It's just a parting gift of suckage, I guess.

Since I plan on keeping Krieg alive as long as possible I guess I"m not going to put a point in that skill after all. I'm just not sure if I want Strip the Flesh or Feed the Meat first.

Tried out Bloodshed for a bit. Man, blood stacks accumulate fast if you use a rapid-fire weapon, but they also disappear fast too. Hrm..

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I don't think you take...MUCH damage when you light yourself on fire, do you? Just enough to spur your cooldown on Buzz Axe Rampage.

Does Elemental Empathy heal you when you burn other enemies or when you yourself are burning? The wording is vague.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure Light the Fuse isn't meant to kill badasses.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Holy crap, I'm chopping apart enemies like nobody's business, and now that I've had a chance to test it out, Light the Fuses works just fine for me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Solo, at the moment. I'm sure that if I were rolling with a group the enemies would become much tougher and it would be less viable.

For group fights I would probably recommend Bloodlust or Hellborn, Hellborn's got some really nice things in there.

Actually Bloodlust might be ideal for huge, prolonged boss fights because of how it stacks with damage. It might be even better in TVHM.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 16, 2013

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha, one of Krieg's Light the Fuses quotes is "EXPLOSIONS of LIFE!"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Just get whatever is best for you at your current level. Worry about twinking the system when you actually reach the level cap....which could take a while.

I'm seriously digging the Mania tree with my current build. Here's where I'm at.

Extra toughness from Feed the Meat, Thrill of the Kill has a tendency to heal me up right quick whenever I use a rocket launcher or sniper rifle, and I've gotten the hang of properly managing Light the Fuses.

Haven't tried Salt the Wound yet, how fast does it decay?

Speedball fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 16, 2013

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

A lot of Krieg is counter-intuitive and I don't think anyone should put anything into the Bloodlust tree until late-game, but I've grown into him. You can pull off some amazing things with the right skills.

Probably not my fave class, though. That would either be Axton or Gaige.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I suppose because Krieg's skill turns off the IFF it makes the pets attack him?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

THIS! This is the kind of poo poo why I wanted to play Krieg! :black101:

Hell, even before you hit 26 you can do stuff like that. Your range sucks, but you can chop people IN THE FACE.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Non-rare shields that seem to be good for a Mania Krieg are things like nova shields and spike shields--y'know, things that blow up once his shields are gone.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

What's the consensus best DLC, in terms of story and loot? I have 800 points so I can afford one after buying Krieg.

TORGUE all the way, man.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I hope the writer for Borderlands 2 gets more work after this. I want to see a lot more from this guy.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wow, it looks like he had the same idea as the guys who did Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

I am not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How do the Headhunter DLCs scale with level? Or are they set up at a specific level?

• Locked thread