Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I finally found the time to get through to the end of the story mode.

What's the consensus: plug right back in to TVHM or do the Scarlett DLC first?

Also, excellent new thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Synonamess Botch posted:

I feel the exact opposite way. I tried to play my Maya as a CQC powerhouse (thoughtlock because cataclysm sucks dick past PT1) and kept dying. When I do the same with Gaige I just murder everything. It really synergizes with my run and gun in your face playstyle.

If you're above level 32-ish don't bother, you will level up so slowly it just won't be fun

I'm right there at 33.

Also: has anyone received an interesting bug - after beating the game, saving and quitting, all my skill points were re-specced and needed to be distributed again. :wtc:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I just want more of the cool ones, honestly. Most purples I have put out stupid amounts of damage. They might not be ideal for soloing Giantdingus the Unbelievable for ultimate DPS gamebreaker cannons or whatever, but poo poo, who cares? I want more guns that shoot bullets in flapping bird-wing patterns, or hop along the ground making GBS threads grenades because that rules.

I agree with this. I only ever found two E-tech pistols and both were interesting but somehwat terrible. Other than those and the Lascaux I can't really think of a drop, other than grenade mods, that made me go "hah, that's different enough to be fun" (though these do exist... they seem to often be made tough to find without major farming.) I expected this game to go a little more for variety in that sense rather than just scaling up the stats on a few basic archetypes.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I crack up every time I walk past a random radio and hear "IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE GUNS, YOU'RE F[BEEP]KIN' RETARDED!"

Also, thanks to my little brother recognizing it I now know where I've heard that voice before.

I've always liked "If I still had hands, I'd give it a thumbs up" or whatever the Tediore one is. So much Pleasantville vibe.

That being said, if the next DLC is in fact Torgue-themed it is going to be the best Goddamn thing.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 26, 2012

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

TVHM, yeahhh!

*gets slaughtered by Boom Bewm*

:smithicide:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

If anyone's down on X360, I'm hopping on with my early-game Gaige to kill some things (I just did Hunting the Firehawk) and take a break from TVHM/Siren action. GT: strangemobius

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

So..

I just started watching Archer, and much like someone posted in this thread (or the previous one?) before, I can't unhear Handsome Jack every time he speaks. It's glorious, because they're so similarly characterized as charming, self-absorbed sons of bitches.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Christ alive, why did no one tell me that Wreck is the best Siren skill? The damage. THE DAMAGE IS TOO MUCH. And it applies to Tediore reload hits as far as I can tell.... which creates some insane freaking one-shot potential.

(disclaimer: blue Scheming Cat class mod with +4 Wreck, +3 Accelerate kind of influencing this observation)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Uuughhh.

How are you supposed to kill the Leviathan?

I run out of useful ammo long before denting his rear end.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

To add onto ^^^, the blue thing on his chest is also a weak point. For the longest time I thought he had only three, his "eyes" and his "tongue," and I sat there shooting at his head like an idiot for 15 minutes.

That being said... I feel like I'm pea-shootering him all the time. Somehow I managed to show up to his lair without Launcher ammo... :negative:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I'm just in the bit before the Thresher in the main story (got past Leviathan by way of gratuitous 12-Pounder spam. thanks Big Sleep!) and kind of worried now. He seems to be a pretty well-regarded high water mark for TVHM skill level. I've done well against larger bosses thusfar in my run but we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Is there a damage ceiling in this game, as per older RPGs such as Final Fantasy where a single hit tops out at 9999 (or whatever power of ten you want to scale it to?)

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 10, 2012

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

ClemenSalad posted:

What stinks is apparently you can only get one bad touch and its the first time you tip her. So I've been reluctant to tip her below level 50.

This is untrue! I've tipped and received 2 Bad Touches at different levels (but oddly never a Good Touch.)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I have a question about boosting.

I'm at 42/50 and just finished up the Overlook beacon defense in TVHM. I really want to get to 50 and stop worrying about obsolete loot/quests. If I boost up to 50 with Flesh-Stick, can I start collecting sidequest loot right away scaled at the level cap, or does it HAVE to be playthrough 2.5?

I just really want the lv.50 Babymaker something fierce, to be honest.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

So.... TVHM Bloodwing!

Ouch.

How exactly does one avoid the claws, much like Mordecai continually shouts for you to do? I can do plenty of damage and evade everything else, but the dive-bombs are pretty quick to wreck my business.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

brickswereshat posted:

Need a hand? (and are on the 360...) I'm on and can drop him fairly quickly with you.

GT is strangemobius, I'll hop on.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

IF anyone's up for a little bit of Fleshstick boostage, I'd appreciate an add. Getting kind of crushed in the run up to BNK3R and really just want to hit the cap. GT = strangemobius.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Is it just me, or does the mind wander to Mr. Toad when one sees the name "Mr. Torgue?"

Also dear God, I'm going to start an Axton playthrough just for Chopper Topper.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 15, 2012

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Solaris Knight posted:

Personally, he reminds me more of Axe Cop then the Macho Man.

Still badass too, and I hope he lives up to the hype :allears:

Oh wow, he really does look like Axe Cop.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I just hopped on to find out that the game did not fully recognize my beating of Control Core Angel in TVHM - I respawned in the room before hers. Anyone want to jump on and take a crack at it, add strangemobius on 360.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Is there a new compatibility pack out? I'm getting a prompt to download one that doesn't seem to actually do anything. Weird.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Downloading the new DLC right now. Let me be the first to say... EXPLOOOOOOOSIOONS! :supaburn:

Also: do we have any information as to how it will scale relative to the player?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I was cracking up during the whole run-up to it... KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR CRAAAZY LANGUAGE!, but the fight with Flyboy... has some choice moments. Chief among these: Moxxi and Torgue arguing about "INNUENDO!" - and of course "HOLY SH*TFU*K!"

I love you, Mr. Torgue.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

You need to kill all the 'Badass' rated enemies to win the bar fights.

The Torgue slots are the best source of tokens, using the same old dashboarding duplication trick.

Any hints as to how to beat Motor Mama solo on TVHM as a level 46 siren? She just kills me with her rockets, even from half way across the arena. I can't even take her shield down with my E-tech lightning rifle before I bleed out and there's no enemies to kill for second winds.

I was finding the DLC pretty easy up until this point.

Hang out in the entranceway to the arena and use the walls as cover. She murdered me on my first attempt but I managed to mess her up the second time - eventually, the bike breaks and she basically becomes a sitting duck.

Also: I just hit 50 :toot:

Now to do some Goddamn sidequests.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Anyone feel like doing TVHM Hero's Pass/Warrior on 360? Give me a shout at strangemobius

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Cripes, the Badassaurus... I'm getting slaughtered, is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing about the fight?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

So funny bug, I was fighting Motor Mamma and I ran towards the way you come in to take some cover and she bugged out and drove into the wall to the right and just sat there shouting at me but not firing. So I just finished her off with a pistol (had her down to about 60% when the bug happened). Pretty easy fight.

This exact thing happened to me with Motor Momma. I shot her for a while, she stopped moving and I just laid into her. I thought I had "figured her strategy out."

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

MZ posted:

What should I spend money on in this game? I'm level 24 with $86,000 but I can't seem to find a need to use any of it....

A tangential question: not that this would ever be likely to happen, but if you were flat broke and died, how would the game handle the New-U station?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

pasaluki posted:

I'm wondering if I got a higher than average clip for a Tediore gun with okay damage and put that relic on if that could actually be a playstyle.

Two words: Baby Maker.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Adregan posted:

Right on, I will be on after I get out of work tonight hopefully after 9:30.

I can jump on 360 for a bit - I'm right in TVHM Hero's Pass. A bit rusty - I haven't been playing because of moving across town. Add "strangemobius"

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Minorities posted:

When I first started playing the game I was absolutely certain that Angel and Jack were both up on the space station and that's where the last part of the game would take place. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen but I still like what they did and the way they did it. It didn't really detract from how good the game is.

The Angel fight should absolutely have been on the space station, now that you put it that way I like that idea far far better than "random bunker room."

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's not like it's that hard to level up. poo poo, the two DLC packs are worth 5 or 6 levels each. Besides, one can only listen to 'There he is. Flesh-stick.' so many times before your ears want to claw their way out of your head.

That or "Do me a flava"

That being said, drat the Tina haters.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

hippieman posted:

The ECHOcasts twitter account is starting to tease the new DLC.

Hammerlock?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

I dunno, I just feel 'Posh colonial Englishman explorer' is a well worn cliche and they didn't do anything particularly interesting with it.

I'd love to play a DLC centered around Brick though.

I demand a Crazy Earl DLC.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Xguard86 posted:

Yeah as cool as it would be to just have more points, I'd be more fun and crazy to get some new ridiculous powers.

I always thought it'd be neat if you could profit from kill streaking. Like get 5 kills in X amount of time triggers some kind of fuckoff power boost with a neat effect. Salvador could become like 8 feet tall, Axton could get mech armor voltron style, something visually striking to show how much rear end you're kicking at that moment.

Maybe set a short active limit and a cooldown so its not constant.

I definitely read this as "profit from kill stealing" but I do like the idea of a streak mechanic. The only trouble here is that in BL you often travel between clumps of enemies with not a lot happening in between the clumps, so that would make it difficult to hit a streak and then actually do something with it since you just evaporated every nearby enemy.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I would just put :stonk: here if it wouldn't get me probated.

For real post: I absolutely agree that specific combos of legendaries being almost required for endgame content, while in turn dishing out very meagre reward for that content, is pretty crazy. Loot for loot's sake does not a rewarding treadmill make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I haven't been playing in a while - been super busy. If anyone is on and feels like cleaning up the end of the Torgue DLC, then doing whatever, give me an add on 360: GT = strangemobius and I've got a Siren at 50 with a Mechro in the teens levelwise. I've basically done just about everything except for the end-game/raid bosses and would love to get cracking on them. I'll be downloading the Hammerlock DLC as well.

• Locked thread