Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Did anyone else hear Zero's line about "Death shall not capture me/My skills exceed his!" while getting a second wind. It's not mentioned on the wiki and I heard it last night while I was running through Hero's Pass to stomp the Warrior a few times. I'm curious what the full haiku is, because I missed part of it over the explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Have they fixed Zero's legendary class mod? Last I read it still rather bizarrely had some of Salvador's skills on it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I would argue that sniping actually becomes more useful simply because guys do so much damage that it really helps to clear the field before you engage. That said, you can't use it exclusively, and Cunning's Death Blossom ability is pretty drat good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Frankly I wish they'd redesign the latter half of the sniping tree to broaden it beyond one gun type. Make it the tree that lets you snipe with anything or something; Optic already helps with that but abilities that reduce recoil or make bullets home in on a target would be great. At the moment it just feels like they got halfway through the tree and just said "Fuckit, just use sniper rifles from here on out," which is disappointing when most of the other classes and trees do a good job of not exploiting one weapon to the exclusion of all others. Even if they just removed the sniper rifle's requirement and made it the Headshot tree, some of those high tier skills would be fantastic with a shotgun or pistol.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I wonder if we're ever going to find a vault that doesn't have a horrible monster inside. Maybe there's one where a bunch of eridians have been chilling out for hundreds or thousands of years in identical skin tight suits like Fallout. And we can mow them down with machine guns a la Fallout 2's opening cinematic.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Also someone using the Babymaker completely trivialized a super boss in the last thread. Hyperius, I want to say. Just stood in front of him shooting once and reloading. Had him dead before he finished his introductory animations. This is a boss that takes most people an hour at least to fight "fair."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Illumination posted:

Torgue shotguns are a thing of beauty dude.

My favorite part of them is the names, really. A while back I picked up a "Sinewy Hulk." Sinewy. Hulk. Just saying is sexy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Thanks for the heads up. I was at a training all day so I missed the last three or so.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Awesome, a legendary shotgun off The Warrior

Oh... It's a Flakker. :sigh:

I have never gotten a legendary off the Warrior, and I must have killed him two or three hundred times by now. I have, however, gotten, a Hunting Coachgun that puts all my legendary shotties to shame (I don't have the CC) so I'm happy for now.

I nabbed a Bee (no prefix) earlier and then in short order collected a Maggie and a Cradle. Last night was a good night for hunting oranges, I guess.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I've gotten this weird bug where dialogue won't play if I'm in a shop (or it plays in a horribly broken fashion) and now sounds aren't playing at all sometimes. Gunfire is silent and I only get half of a reloading sound. Anyone else gotten that?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The worst thing about Fire Threshers is how they nova as soon as they come out of the ground. That really sucks.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 28, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is he talking about Sir Hammerlock? Surely not, but his hat is the closest I think to a fedora besides maybe the Marshall of Sanctuary who's lazy as poo poo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

His hat doesn't even begin to be a Fedora.

Looking through those images reminded me: How are the hat Indiana Jones wears and the hat Notch is frequently seen in considered the same hat? To my eyes they look nothing alike. Apart from having brims that go all the way around. Is that the defining characteristic?

I'd post examples but imgur is being retarded.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The special ability. You know how there are MIRV grenades that make child grenades? The CC's pellets split in flight until they hit something. So it'll basically hit anything and everything, and often hit them alot.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_Call

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, does that send the frame rate to hell or anything?

I wish I could say, because I still haven't gotten one. :qq:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

I always thought "Bonerfart" was something so deafeningly unfunny, it creates a comedy black hole and becomes funny because of that very fact.

Was anyone paying attention? The word bonerfart is not in and of itself supposed to be funny. What's funny is that you've got a posh Imperial Brit safariman who has finally lost his cool and decides to call the animals something stupid as a petty revenge. The word's supposed to be stupid--it's use in context is what's funny. Come on, guys.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I remember I had a quest item drop off a cliff in the dust when a bandit tactical I blew up sailed over the edge of the map. The solution was to quit, save, and continue, and then another guy spawned with the item. It also happened with Face McShooty: After I blew him to smithereens, all his bits tumbled into the canyon. When I quit, saved, and continued, he respawned as a horrible, fleshless zombie with a mohawk. :cry:

I don't think it's ever possible for a quest item to be lost for good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, just restart your mission and the guys with the Ellie ornaments will spawn again. No big.

The Mutated Varkids are ones you create so you can make as many as you want. Go stab some more cocoons with TMNT ooze!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Okay, that's kind of funny. Terrible and a disservice to their costumers, but still funny.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

You know, I just had a thought of who I would like to see as a playable character (either as DLC or in a future Borderlands): The founder (or founders) of S&S Munitions, who have come to Pandora to reclaim their fortunes from the bandits that put them out of business.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

So I downloaded the Scarlett dlc, but oasis doesn't appear on my fast travel. I've restarted my console and reinstalled the dlc file. Am I missing something?

You sure? It's very innocuously inserted into the list, usually near Sanctuary (and sometimes Sanctuary is at the top or at the bottom, depending on your place in the story).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

They're timed redemptions. Everyone can use them until they expire.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Speaking of very rare items, what does it take to get Terramorphus to drop a head? I've gotten to the point where I can reliably kill him, but after two days of dropping him over and over all I've gotten was Slayer mods of various stripes. Is it something that only happens if you're fighting him with a crowd?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hell, even playthrough 2 legendaries are kind of awful compared to what you get in 2.5. I finally just went ahead and sold my Dubble Gub and Royal Deliverance because they were useless compared to anything I've gotten since hitting level 50.

Why the hell is Zero's Slayer of Terramorphous mod still not fixed? It's still boosting a skill in Salvador's tree. How the hell do you make a mistake like that, Gearbox?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So that was weird. I got the halloween skin for Zero, used it, equipped it, and then when I loaded him back up he was back in his usual skin and the halloween skin item was back in my inventory. All other changes had saved--just that one.

So I guess if you find the halloween has gone missing from your customization station, check your bags?

edit: Where's a good place to get the Legendary hunter mod for Assassins? That seems pretty good, but the wiki doesn't say where to find it.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 1, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

Words cannot express my hatred for the side mission Customer Service.

I have never even attempted it because it looks to be complete bullshit from the get go.

The highlands took a little doing to find a good path, but I found the best way to do it is to park a truck outside the beach-house where all the threshers are, grab the quest and get the first part in Overlook, then teleport to the truck, snag the piece up in the stilt house, then drive to the lower bot facility, then up to the bot facility on the hill side, then over the cliff to the stalker cave, and finally dash back to town. I can usually do it with 30 seconds to spare that way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well that sounds like a really weird glitch right there. I can't say that has happened to me. I skipped Dukino on the way to 50 and he was still there and ready to be fed when I got back to Lynchwood later.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I beat TVHM Bloodwing only because I had a huge gently caress off rocket launcher and got lucky hitting one of the bird-projectile things she spawns, which count for FFYL revives.

Draile posted:

Anyone experience a glitch after finishing the main quest that causes huge lag at vending machines?

I have, but it went away after restarting.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 2, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is it possible to split screen with your own account so you can boost your own characters or let someone play one of your guys? I remember once joining a friend's game and they had their tag and then "tag name[1]" for the other guy. How does that work?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Those codes are still good even now! I guess they'll last until midnight somewhere, maybe (It's nearly 10 Central time as of this post). Gearbox is in Texas like me, so they may be good for another two hours?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Patch Notes for latest update :
11/6/12 Update
- Added security to prevent data loss tied to malicious violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct through an unsupported third-party program.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167349

I think this has to do with the zombie virus I read was going about. Apparently someone rigged up a "hardcore mode" that would make it impossible to respawn, and if you joined the game of someone who was playing with that custom feature, and died during the play session, your character would unable to spawn again. Hadn't heard anyone getting it in this thread, but it made some news on the game sites.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So, wait, they finally raised the level cap? Hallelujah. I haven't touched the game since Torgue came out and I read some article where Gearbox was saying they couldn't raise the level cap without breaking the game (because of potential skill combos that were never meant to happen).

Looking forward to Krieg when he comes out. I've wanted to play a Psycho since I saw ads for the first Game. I was honestly disappointed when I found out they were enemy only.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well, I tried doing the Bullymong hair quest at the start of the game and it's basically impossible. My guns can't drop them low enough without killing them that I can actually melee them to death without being killed in turn. I don't think UVHM is for people like me.

• Locked thread