Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Smelly posted:

Look at all the people spelling Maya wrong. She is clearly the best character. :colbert:

I like when she does a little chuckle/snort after she incinerates/slags/electrocutes/corrodes some one to death :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

That's kinda funny; I seem to never NOT get corrosive shotguns or Jakobs shotguns. I just want a good GOD drat TORGUE SHOTGUN MOTHERFUCKER!

Running jokes into the ground aside, yeah, there's corrosive shotguns. They usually come from Tediore or Hyperion (the Hyperions are my favorite).

Torgue shotguns are a thing of beauty dude.

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Lotish posted:

My favorite part of them is the names, really. A while back I picked up a "Sinewy Hulk." Sinewy. Hulk. Just saying is sexy.

I'll never forget my first three-way hulk

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

So help me out here, I'm playing a 47 Siren and I'm at the part in TVHM where you fight Bloodwing. I can get it down to about 60%, but every time the drat thing Divebombs or attacks, it one shots me (or leaves me with like ~1000HP), and Sprinting when its dive bombing doesn't seem to get me away fast enough to avoid the damage. Phaselocking it only does the spike damage, and I always seem to have no other enemies to kill to get a Second Wind going. My friends have all already moved on to some other game, and I'm stuck doing this solo. Is there a better strategy to doing this fight? Or do i just need to find someone to help me out?

I beat this last night as a level 44 siren and I wish I could give some specific tactics but I honestly don't really know how I did it. Sometimes I'd get one-shotted, other times it would just knock out my shields, sometimes I wouldn't get hurt at all. Lots of running around and jumping and not staying out in the open for too long. It took me 4 or 5 tries.

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Yeah I'm bad at games and TVHM has been a lot of fun with only a few snags here and there. Most of the cool guns I've picked up have been completely random drops and have come around just as my current weapons have started to lag a bit. Not sure what is meant by poorly balanced.

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

qbert posted:

I was doing okay thoughout most of TVHM, but from about the point where you have to go fight Bunker onward, I started dying like crazy. Sawtooth was ridiculous with those new Gravedigger enemies. Eventually I just stopped and had to grind for a few levels, then things got a bit easier.

Of course, I was going through TVHM without doing any sidequests, so I was about 2 levels below the recommended from Bunker on. That probably had a lot to do with it.

Yeah Sawtooth Canyon and on the game definitely ramps it up a bit. Lynchwood was annoying with all the ROUS fuckers. As far as leveling goes I did a bunch of side missions that only rewarded green gear/money/eridium so I was often a level or two above the recommended, so I'm sure that helped. I'm just about to go through Heroes Pass and fight the Warrior and I'm already 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

I went back to Caustic Caverns to finish some stuff up there and ran into my first Badass Pyre Thresher. Great stuff. gently caress the Caverns and gently caress threshers.

• Locked thread