Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

If you have your hands on Salvador, thismakes things die quickly, especially when paired with a class mod giving +5 to Filled to the Brim, +6 to Lay Waste, and 2.2 team ammo regen. It also gives +4 to 5 Shots or 6, but that skill and Inconceivable have issues.

I wish they would fix that thing where Inconceivable and 5 Shots cause you to not automatically reload guns when they're empty- I can't use the final Rampage tree skill if I have to take my finger off the trigger, game :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Edit: dammit, just as I have to leave for work, too! ^^^
Honestly, I haven't missed them. I've taken points in the skills that increase my reload speed in general and my firing rate for 1) as long as I hold down the trigger 2) for a brief time on reload and 3) when I get a kill, and hoooooly poo poo does your shooting get fast once all three are up and running. I can empty a Vladof Revolution TMP with a 66 round mag in around two seconds flat.

It's glorious. And if I don't feel like reloading, kills reload my other pair of guns. :D

Huh, I'll have to try that out. I went down the middle tree first and then the right tree because I found a mod that buffed Hard To Kill and Juggernaut, which are the only two skills I have points in in that tree right now (lvl 41 here). If I can find a mod that adds to Lay Waste this looks awesome.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just somehow scored a Transformer and Deliverance from Pimon and Tumba one right after another on TVHM. Made pushing through the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve kinda underleveled feel worth it. Although the only thing I really had trouble with were the goddamn Rabid Stalkers. Fuckers had the little flashing skull above their name when I first warped into the preserve and a group of three of them proceeded to gangfuck me to death multiple times before I kinda got a lock on their movement patterns. Even when I was more even with 'em in terms of level the things were still the biggest pain in the rear end yet- they are bullet sponges that also duck and weave like mad while somehow simultaneously being so far up in your grill that you're constantly looking at your feet trying to hit the bastards. You'd think a Stalker that didn't hide and just ran right up to you would be easier to hit, but no. Gunzerker must have dumped more missed shots into these things than at anything else yet. I was relieved to shoot some robots and the boss somehow didn't present that much of a problem. gently caress Rabid Stalkers forever, basically.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh god I've pushed forward too far in TVHM and like half of the enemies have skulls over their heads :psyduck: Stopped for the night when I got to the Super Badass Constructor that kinda guards the entrance to the BNK3ER fight. I'll be back for you when I'm more lucid :argh:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

What exactly is NG+ like in this game? Do the quests and enemies and loot scale with your level, or are they fixed and just a multiple or something above what they are the first time around?

For TVHM which is Playthrough 2 in this game the enemies and loot scale with the quest you are on. The slot machines and shops in Sanctuary scale with the main questline. All of the enemies/loot/shop machines scale with the appropriate quest level for the particular area. UNTIL you beat TVHM, at which point you're in Playthrough 2.5 and everything scales up to 50, everywhere.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man I hope they use all those vending machine voice clips somewhere. I'm envisioning the final DLC being some Rainbow-Road-like gun paradise where it randomly rains guns and there are manufacturer-specific vending machines as far as the eye can see. It'll be like the end of Being John Malkovitch except with guns instead of Malkovitches.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Shiiiit on my way home! Puuuurps

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm adding "Wee Jet Loaders that are 4 levels above me and NEVER loving LAND" to my list of unreasonably annoying enemies. I can't really do anything in the area until I kill it since it can kill me if like 2 of its rockets make contact, but it's also flying so high above me I really don't have a chance to do anything to it. :argh:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've got a Royal (slag) Deliverance but it was too low level to really do too much :argh:

I left. I'm off to kill something that has the courtesy to not jet around like an rear end in a top hat half a mile in the air. Why can't you be more like the WAR Loader? He's a cool guy.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I have a purple Juicy Hulk.

Juicy.

Slippery Injector :getin:

Pretty much all of the Torgue weapons sound like they could be 80's hair metal album names or something.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fixated Stalker, on the other hand, is just creepy in the context of all the other names. I think those are the longer range single shell per shot shotguns.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

novaSphere posted:

The Sham and other Absorb shields definitely negate the damage you would have taken from the bullet weapon, and adds it to your ammo stock instead. The Sham is utterly fantastic in bandit- or hyperion-heavy areas that involve a lot of gunfire.

I recently got a Sham and combined it with the Norfleet; all the splash damage has the same chance to be absorbed by the Sham and add rockets to your total reserve, allowing you to blow everything up and stay rocket-neutral the entire time.

Hmm, Maybe I should keep the Transformer I found equipped after all... its trait of converting electrical attacks to shield health is pretty situational, (although it's nice to just walk into an ION Loader's shield bubble and have it keep angrily healing you, as well as finally telling Badass Shock Skags to gently caress off) but it's the highest absorb rate shield I have right now. Have to be on the lookout for a better absorb shield.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Most of the funny stuff in the game is really the enemy dialogue. Nothing better than a crazed man running at you screaming "Bring me a bucket... and I'LL SHOW YOU A BUCKET." They also gave some of the generic bandits goofy redneck voices, and that's silly.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I can't even imagine trying to localize a game like this- almost everything is a Western pop culture reference of one manner or another.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally found an Unhinged Hoarder mod - thing gives 5 to Lay Waste and 4 to 5 Shots or 6. Thus, I changed my loadout to THIS. After playing around with it for a few hours I didn't once encounter the weird bug where one of the guns just won't reload unless you actually hit the reload button while Gunzerking. So maybe it's just Inconceivable that does it? I dunno. Anyways it's great- fast fast fast fire rates and basically a constant bonus from Divergent Likeness as well as 5 Shots sometimes giving me a ridiculous amount of bullets in a clip (still seem to be unloading the mags fast enough that Locked and Loaded is pretty much always on). Was hesitant to move away from the Berserker mod, but I mean I barely ever run out of 'Zerk with this build anyway. Next thing to try is an Altered Beast mod build, since I just picked up a purple one when I killed Saturn. Is Come At Me Bro worth it? Seems kinda underwhelming compared to the other two bottom-tree skills...

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think they might kind of flicker between that Predator-semi-invisibility cloak deal and total invisibility.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got a CC (Critical) to drop so I could solo Terra with The Bee- and it keeps giving me Legendary Class mods that are NOT for the Gunzerker. For Chrissakes, I got 3 Siren ones in a row! Anyways I kinda wonder if they'll nerf the 'Ol CC-Bee combo- holy poo poo does it trivialize the entire game. I duped the CC so I can 'Zerk with two and it's glorious in a perverse sort of way- air fills with bullets, game slows down and skips a good second or something and then when the dust clears everything's just dead... welp, back into the locker with ye, game-breaking combo.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So at what point does the Bloodshed tree start to lose it's punch? I'm thinking I'll respec into the Cunning tree for TVHM, but I would love to keep the surprise-insta-gib-fools-infinite-health train running as long as I can. Also I'm getting sick of seeing Law in my hands.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

People posted:

Gratuitous DLC Treasure Room Booty

Ohhhhh maaan guuuuys don't make me buy the DLC...

...Is the Season Pass thing still available? Goddammit Gearbox take my money.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Edit: aaaand with the new patch I just lost all 14000 of my badass ranks. :/

REPLAY VALUE!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, I hope they figure out something to do with excess eridium in one of the upcoming DLCs. Maybe you could craft an at-level purple-grade gun from the existing part archetypes in the game or something? That would be cool. Like 40 E-bux and you have exactly the kind of gun you want.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Every time I think I've heard/seen everything in the game some little nugget of entertaining content seems to come to light. Cracked up at one of the radio commercials- the former head of the Jakobs company apparently was criticised for "his controversial views on Truxican immigration". I live in a rural location so a lot of my neighbors would probably be using Jakobs weapons exclusively.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Randy did an interview in the latest issue of Game Informer. A big thing to note is that he talked about the eventual nerf to the bee shield. He said they won't be changing its upside at all, but fixing its downside. Whatever that may be. Still no solid date on the nerf, just that its coming.

Well, the "downside" is that The Bee has a pathetic amount of shield HP when compared to other shields at level, so if they're thinking of dropping that even lower I've got no problem with it. I mean, once you take the first hit it's useless until you can recharge to full anyways. Unless they're thinking of making the recharge delay way longer or something, which might actually do something to mitigate the insane power of The Bee.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Rokstar posted:

Okay, now that would be really interesting. I kind of hope they do that now.

Ha ha yeah- reduce your damage output by 3/4 or something while the shield isn't fully charged. About the only thing I use The Bee for is soloing bosses so if I'm not full on shields I'm hiding anyways.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think I shoulda done the DLC before I beat TVHM and got kitted out by farming Terra/The Warrior- I mean I just don't care about most of the stuff that drops, although there are a few unique guns I'm glad to have at lvl50. That and my properly specced and kitted Gunzerker seems to just be tearin' poo poo up to an unfair degree. The ground is littered with pirate-themed-reskinned enemies who dared challenge me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Rokstar posted:

I'm partial to the Badaboom myself, but either way works pretty well.

e: Salvador reminds me a lot of mage classes in a lot of action RPGs in that he starts off really weak but eventually becomes the strongest character in the endgame.

The Gunlust and Rampage tree final skills are just such gamechangers in terms of damage output that the game feels much easier once you get one. I'm glad I stuck it out because Sal's a really fun class to play once your build clicks.

First time through (with the Gunzerker) on TVHM that drat Thresher really wasn't so bad. He killed me once because I thought I could just steamroll him and that didn't happen and again because I was still being too aggressive. Bring at-level fire weapons and the biggest rocket launcher ya got. Also if you're a Gunzerker spamming double grenades is kind of a "gently caress you DIE" button.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

In about a half-dozen fights with Warrior, I've yet to see an orange drop. In two fights with Terra? Mecho mod and Siren mod--my secondary and primary characters. Much rather farm Terra at that rate.

From what I've read, I'm not too keen on Vermi's Siren mod, but I'm keeping an open mind until I see one. Whether I mean the mod or Vermivorous is for you to interpret.

I think Terra is guaranteed to drop one of his Slayer mods every time you kill him. Speaking of which, does anyone have a good build for the Gunzerker Slayer mod I finally picked up? I'm currently taking this for a spin- only difference from my unhinged hoarder mod build is that two points are taken out of Lay Waste and put into Hard To Kill and Incite to take advantage of the across the board bonuses to the first row (excepting Inconceivable) skills. Equipped a +45% Vitality Relic to sort of synergize with Hard To Kill and the bonus health from the mod (have a good Anshin shield on as well to add even more). Beyond that, the only other benefit from the mod is the increased ignition chance from fire weapons/increased fire damage, which means I tear rear end through unshielded flesh enemies I guess. Any other ideas on how to better utilize the thing?

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 11, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Solaris Knight posted:

Oh thank god it's something beyond just ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS this time.

That being said, a few arena-type areas can really liven up the endgame content- y'know, give you something to throw your lvl 50 character/lvl 50 bitchin' arsenal at other than nigh-impossible-to-solo raid bosses.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The little touches in this game seem to be where a lot of the humor is- just found a bandit-y sign that reads "Invisibl ASSHOLES!" before an encounter with a bunch of Stalkers.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 17, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ugh for fucks sake these DLC raid bosses. My friend and I finally take down Hyperius and decide to try Gee- after like an hour of that we quit- I come back later and say "gently caress it" and just cheese the bastard on my own. Hey guess what I got? Truckload 'o Eridium and a mess of green and white weapons and a blue shotgun. Useless. Screw farming this nonsense.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

abaddonis posted:

no poo poo. I thought I might be able to solo Hyperius since I can solo Terra pretty easily. I can get him down to 1/3 to 1/2 before his cheese move gets me

I wouldn't mind so much if the rewards were actually worth anything- the Seraph weapons are fun, but nothing special really. Plus you need 120 to actually buy one. I got 7 crystals when my friend and I killed Hyperius.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What I really want to know is of they're ever going to nerf the Evil Smasher/fix its crazy glitch. I did it yesterday by accident and obliterated the Warrior in approximately 3 seconds with a Lady Fist, it's loving crazy.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, I hope those Torgue vending machines don't sell only Torgue legendaries. In the video all I saw was a Nukem and a Bonus Package. I loving need a Shredifier.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spamhead80 posted:

I have two Shredifiers. I don't know how you feel about duping, but if you want one or both I'd be glad to give them to you.

Does the Master Gee fight always result in a console freeze? I've seen a lot of Xbox and PS3 people posting about it. I don't think I have any interest in doing that anyway, but that's kind of ridiculous.

Hey, I would be cool with that (if you're on PS3). I've got the standard-issue endgame funtime stuff- Bee, Critical Conference Call, Baby Maker plus a few other things. Can't remember it all at the moment but it includes an electric Badaboom, Hide and Breath of Terra, Neogenator, Infinity, and a corrosive Nasty Surprise. Let me know if ya want any of that- I should be on around 8 CST today.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, shoot. Thanks anyway man :shobon: Anyone else on PS3 have a Shredifier and the willingness to dupe that poo poo for a brotha?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Minorities posted:

I'm on PS3 and I killed him yesterday (solo). It took me 2 tries. The first time he died my console locked up. I killed him again immediately after and it didn't lock up. It's inconsistent.

Someone just duped me a Shredifier and some other oranges yesterday. What's your PSNID?

PSNID is Monkey_Fracas and I'll take you up on that offer! I'll be on around 8-11 PM CST.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
drat didn't have time to download the thing before leaving for work- gonna have to start it up when I get home. I can't wait to bomb dodongos skags.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Holy hell I am absolutely loving how many enemies the DLC spawns in TVHM. My Gunzerker's kill skills are pretty much never off during a fight, this is great. I just really like mowing down mobs of enemies with a solid wall of bullets/fire/EXPLOSIONS.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nudejedi posted:

Anyone else go through the Torgue DLC at level 50, and finding only level 48 oranges in the Torgue vending machines?

That's all there is, bud. Guess that's the price of guaranteed oranges of your choice. Oh, and there's also only Torgue legendaries but hey, guaranteed oranges.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Smasher posted:

I breezed through Pyro Pete and the Flyboy fight. Motor Momma, on the other hand... well, I guess I didn't need to have money anymore. God drat the second phase was infuriating.

I had more trouble with the 2nd phase of Motor Momma than anything else in the whole DLC. Stupid rocket launcher :argh:

• Locked thread