Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I do that in addition to reviving people and shooting them in the head with my Chere'amie to heal them. :colbert:

Does the Chere'amie also make a loud and horrible sound when you hit someone or is it just me. It's kinda hard using one of the best snipers in the game with that deafening glitch. Also dual sticky turrets with rocket pods is a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feeble posted:

Say... this offer available to other people? I've been farming for that thing like crazy and all I've only ever gotten it like 5 levels below my character. I'd love one, even if it's awhile before I can use it.

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Same here if you're willing.

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Lord Wexia posted:

Silly question:

Can I keep farming mini-bosses in TVHM even after I complete the quest? I'm specifically referring to bosses like Madame Bartlesby and Laney White.

Yeah you can farm them until they decide to drop their drat oranges. I managed to get a Mongol and good god is it awesome compared to the lovely one in the first game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Quick draw rockets was pretty great.

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't remember this shield yet I played the dlc. Think I need to go back through it and pick up this shield.

The explosions look really small and if you get hit by an elemental you're pretty much hosed. If you want a massive blast with a huge radius get the love thumper. I'm using that with an orphan maker to force the effect to activate when there's no one around.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feeble posted:

How do you dupe, anyway? Isn't it just dropping them for the other person and then quitting to the dashboard/PS3 main menu before the game can save and register that they're gone?

pretty much and I managed to get a legendary siren mod out of the red chest from the bunker arena. It isn't a bitch but it'll do.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like I'm gonna farm the red chests in the badlands since I just got a volcano sniper out of it even though I have it already. Managed to get the legendary siren mod that way so gently caress grinding bosses for eternity.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So I just noticed that I can use love thumper to force the no shields skills making Maya a marathon runner. I managed to do the treasure room glitch and boy is it awesome getting a two fer Maggie, Veruc and Gub.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It was posted a few pages ago but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcMGXaLWXQ&feature=related

It's a bit finicky but once you get it you can do it all the time.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

BGrifter posted:

I'm getting close to finishing the main storyline on my second play through and I hit level 50 on my Zer0. Any suggestions for farming targets? So far Conference Call, a level 50 Bee, a Hellfire and a Bitch are my list.

A Maggie is pretty drat good and maybe the infinity.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
AIR SUPERIORITY!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Dr.Smasher posted:

I just tried soloing Terramorphous with the Bee, Maggie and a Sheriff's Badge and got massacred after knocking him down to about half health. I need to thank Magoreh (sorry about the misspelling) for showing up and helping me kill the crap out of him. I wanted to give him the lvl 50 Legendary Assassin Mod he dropped but had to leave.

That was just a slayer of terra mod which is pretty meh but if you do find the legendary hunter mod let me know ASAP.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's the effect it has that pretty much devastates anything caught in it. I actually got it the very first time I killed the warrior and had to toss it since it was doing piss poor damage in TVHM and haven't gotten one since.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

DLC question:

Does the unique enemies Mr Bubbles and Lil Sis have a chance to drop anything special or are they there for shout out flavour?

Supposedly lil sis gives you a gun when you kill Mr. Bubbles but in the chaos I killed them both. I don't know if they respawn either since every time I went back they never show up.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I pretty much used shock snipers exclusively since everything else sucks in that mode.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Xidus posted:

Can we still grenade jump like in Borderlands1?

You're more likely to blow your rear end up if you do now.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Unkempt Harold is no joke :stare:. The treasure glitch is pretty much the best place to get unspecific legendaries. I've gotten a legendary mechro mod, shredifier, maggie, gub, veruc, whisky tango foxtrot, bonus package, hornet, invader, volcano and unkempt harold. Hell I'll probably get the god damned infinity in here than that loving rear end in a top hat with the titan grip on it.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Speedboat Jones posted:

So now that Blade's Rapier is out, is Love Thumper the best shield to pair with it?

edit: For Bloodshed Assassin.

Yes but you'll be needing resurgence or a transfusion/leech grenade if you get hurt bad. The damage it pumps out is so much that you can one shot almost anything regardless if you're in front or behind it. It's pretty ridiculous with many must fall since you can murder entire swathes of enemies in one Decepti0n use.

Kifisonfire posted:

What's the legendary Mechro mod like? I've been dying to see one of those just to see if it's any better than Terra.

It has a 33% cooldown rate and +5 to more pep, strength of 5 gorillas, cooking up trouble, smaller lighter faster, 20% more cooler and the better half. I haven't used Gaige much so dunno if terra is better or not.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I get that all the time too but dunno if it's just on PS3 or not. It's nothing to worry about since it doesn't gently caress with the game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's supposed to be a button that opens the doors in the middle of the room if you haven't tried that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone had a problem with chests that won't open, because it never shows the "press X to open" thing no matter where on the box you put the cursor? I have run into that twice I think, most recently the treasure hunting quests in the caustic caverns. I got the unique gun it gives you but that chest that came up out of the ground, I could not get it open. After five minutes of pointing the cursor at every pixel on the box's surface I gave up and left.

I think that chest is glitched since the same thing happened to me also and probably everyone else.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

Can you ever get legendaries in the treasure room, or am I wasting my time?

It's pretty much the best way to get them but keep in mind you'll get random ones so if you want a specific one you'll have to go grind bosses.

EDIT:I just got a madhous and nasty surprise right after I posted this.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 9, 2012

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Bit of a long shot but does anybody on the PS3 version have level 50 Legendary Siren and/or Assassin mods they'd be willing to dupe for me? The Vermivorous ones, not the Terra ones.

Heck, for that matter can they even be duped? Thought I read earlier in the thread something about them being bind on pickup. Decided to cave and break my no-duping rule only for those since Vermivorous is such a colossal pain to spawn.

They can be duped since I've been giving out Siren ones to Siren users. I've also got the mechro one but no luck on assassin. I'll be on in about an hour and my PSN is the same as my user name.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
gently caress YES I finally found a skullmasher in the treasure room chest. All I need is an infinity and my Zer0 is set.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
After some extensive testing with the Skullmasher I can safely say that it sucks compared to the first game. The accuracy is really iffy even with a ton of accuracy boosting skills. For some stupid reason they made the shots spread the farther away you are and even aiming dead center on a crit spot won't activate unless you're practically at shotgun range. I was so disappointed since it was my favorite gun in the first game and you can actually snipe with it. I highly suggest going for the Lyuda since it's by far the best sniper rifle I've found and it doesn't require slogging through an entire loving area for it.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's also real loving dumb that they took out respeccing from fast travel points but they at least addressed it somewhat in the dlc.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Good loving luck. I've been at it for about 300 kills now and nothing but at least I've gotten to the point where I can just use the geyser to launch my rear end right next to where Doc Mercy spawns and not have to deal with all the skags, rakks and bandits on the way. I'll add you so I can toss all the legendaries I've gotten from the treasure room to save you some grief.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thank gently caress for that since grinding the same motherfucker for a legendary gets old fast.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
drat those heads look amazing and I'll probably stay in that dlc area forever if we do get bikes.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
To me the gold chest is pretty drat useless once you get the treasure room glitch going. I used my one key and got garbage that was worse than what I had on me at the time.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Finally managed to beat hyperius and with a melee attack no less. I was chucking baby makers with another dude to great effect. Now on to Master Gee :suicide:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Oh wow the Torgue DLC is looking fantastic and the vending machine sells legendaries as an item of the day every time.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
If you have the pirate dlc don't even bother with verm and just glitch the treasure room for it. I got the Siren, Mechromancer and Assassin legendary mod in there with little to no effort.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Well the one place I could think of trying to make him spawn is in caustic caverns since there's that one adult varkid flying to you at all times. I had it go up to the penultimate transformation but it stopped there so I just said gently caress it and moved on. The farmhouse in tundra express is also a good place but I've had no luck getting any past super badass let alone get there.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It was on a related vid that I stumbled upon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiQuQjfH8w

Mr. Torge is loving great.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

I've been trying to spawn Verm for the past few days. It's good to know there is an easier way to get them. I was curious if they would drop there too. Since the bee is getting nerfed, what other shields are worth a drat? Also, do you think it is possible to get the Blood of Terra relic from the treasure room as well?

The Sham is a pretty drat good shield for it's ridiculous absorb rate and the Hide of Terra is a drat good all rounder shield. You can use the Love Thumper to force shieldless skills to always be active or have a melee Zer0 murder everything with it. I highly doubt the Terra relic is in the treasure room since it seems like a very specific drop but I could be wrong.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to kill Master Gee only for it to freeze. Kinda defeats the purpose of even trying.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So double nova is a bug? I had it do triple once which was utter horseshit.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They're always slow as gently caress for releasing DLC for some reason.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The DLC for the PS3 is finally up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm guessing they didn't fix the love thumper glitch since it would've been perfect for this dlc.

• Locked thread