Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Smokey posted:

I beat warrio in TVHM but none of the bosses or quests are scaling to 50. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug?

Once you've got the quest in your log, it won't scale to level, you have to avoid accepting quests if you want them to scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So I now have a Mic which should make it easier to communicate with, rather than the old system of firing guns in the general direction I wish people to head in.

PSN: JudgeTesla and anyone who fancies a crack at Hyperious the Invincible can come on down and we can discuss strategies which will end up devolving into running around like mad firing wildly at him.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/375086/borderlands-2-under-threat-of-graveyard-virus/

Watch out 360 players, a nasty glitch/exploit/virus is infecting save files which basically prevents you from respawning, effectively making your character unplayable after death.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Reveilled posted:

But if you put Princess Zelda on your arm, people who know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting a video game character on your arm, and people who don't know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting an anime princess on your arm, and people who don't know what either of those things are will ask you "who's that on your arm?" and then you have to explain that it's Princess Zelda, that she's a character from a video game, and why you care about Princess Zelda so much you had to put her on your arm. And then the person you explain that to will immediately jump to the conclusion that you are secretly whacking it to pictures of Princess Zelda every night.
Funny you should say this, since I have a Princess Zelda tattoo on my left arm, and everyone I know likes it. :colbert:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm getting a lot of use out of my Super Fire Sniper Rifle, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pimpernel since it pretty much one shots those annoying bikes and its aoe flame effect blows away groups of bandits, its the best.:allears:

Is it possible to get unique weapons like this from anywhere else? or is it strictly 1 per playthrough?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

huh posted:

I've been playing with Zero and haven't kept a pistol for longer than 10 minutes or so.

What advantage do they have over other weapon types? They just don't seem to do anything better than the others.

Jacobs Pistols/Revolvers are one of the more powerful weapons and fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, I took out The Warrior with one on my first playthrough, if you want an Elemental Jacobs, there's Greed in Scarlett's DLC, which is amazing.

Aside from this, other pistol types are nothing special, so get a Jacobs for your handgun.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, I just cannot beat super badass maniacs in TVHM. I mean, reliably. After a few or a dozen deaths something will go right and I'll be able to get enough critical hits in, but most of the time it's (as Zero) throw a grenade, stealth, throw a kunai, get around behind him, shotgun to the back of the head over and over again...and that takes out his shields. Then he sends me into fight for your life mode with one hit, and after that I just empty all of my weapons in order into his head but still don't do enough damage to kill him, respawn, repeat. There are never any other enemies around either (on the firehawk mission) so I can never revive.

Is there something fundamental I am missing?

No, its pretty much shoot them until they die, Badass enemies have always been nothing more than bullet sponges.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus christ, the Jackenstein is impossible for me to beat, I'm fighting him on TVHM at Level 50 and he just rips me apart, I know what to do, more or less, he just has a totally insane amount of health and is stupidly strong to boot.
I'm playing as Maya at the moment, the rest of the DLC's enemies were irritating, Witch Doctors especially, but my Fire Pimpernel Sniper just rips everything unarmoured apart.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I feel like this DLC doesn't have the Wow factor, that the first two did, the main villain, Professor Nakyama is simply rubbish, I suppose the joke is, is that he's super terrified of you and that's hilarious, but compared to Captain Scarlet and Piston, he's just lame.
Not to to mention Claptrap is a 100 times more annoying here than ever before and Hammerlock is just dull, in my opinion anyway.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The only Seraph boss I've made a decent stab at fighting was Hyperious, I gave up after a while since his HUGE AoE blasts were ripping me to pieces, Raid Bosses are fine in MMO's, but I don't know why they put them in Borderlands 2, and so many of them!

Yes I know BL1 had Crawmerax but he was a lot fairer than these guys.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well, thanks to Marogorah, I managed to beat the 2 Invincible class bosses in Hammerlock's DLC, and both of them dropped mostly useless loot! :toot:
The Big Strider (Dexodorus?) took loving forever to beat though, not because its hard, it just had an insane amount of health, we eventually just camped out near the vendors by Hammerlock and blasted it for ages and ages until it died, it spent most of the time walking around in circles doing mostly nothing.

EDIT: Oh and he helped me beat that rear end in a top hat Jackenstein too, I was having flashbacks to fighting General Knoxx in BL 1's Playthrough 2, as he was an ungodly bullet sponge with near instant kill attacks.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 18, 2013

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Marogareh posted:

I don't know if Dex was glitching or I was lagging like poo poo because it really shouldn't have taken that long. Every time you pop one of his weak spots it should take a chunk out of his bar. Voracidous is a cheating gently caress with the dual novas so I responded in kind.

According to the Borderlands wiki, Dex is highly resistant to all elemental damage and immune to non elemental and lightning damage, so yeah, he's a bullet sponge on steroids.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Just out of simple curiosity, what's so attractive about using glitched and insane weapons, I mean, I don't have any issue whatsoever about people using them, I just find it interesting the lengths people go to to get the most powerful things ever.

I'm probably pretty boring by comparison but I mostly use quest reward guns, the named ones, not the trash ones.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

delpheye posted:

Holy crap. How does anyone level a Siren? I'm crawling through the firehawk missions and my skill doesn't seem to kill anything more than a psycho. I'm only doing this for the Eridium... so if anyone is farming warrior, bunker, or terra or anyone that drops Eridium and will let me tag along I'll be more than happy to return the favor. Cuz who couldn't use another weapon mule? haha

I main a Siren, I've done TVHM mode and all DLC's mostly solo as one, I pretty much split my talents between the Cataclysm and Harmony trees, Health regen is a must for the tougher encounters.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Moxxi's Heartbreaker used to be one of my main guns before I was forced to give it up due to out leveling it, but now its back and better than before! :toot:
The Pink skin is nice too but I've already got a better one for Maya from the DLC skin pack.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Reiley posted:

This is a can of worms but his point was that the use of ebonics when played for laughs and not in homage is racially insensitive and not as well researched as it could have been, using the word "badonkadonk" in the Year of our Lord 2012, which is a valid point to make unless you're a Kotaku commenter, apparently.
What about Hammerlock who is a walking British stereotype? or Scooter and his clan, the Hillbillies, accents and all.
Bottom line is, the game's full of things like this, focusing on one while overlooking the rest makes you look rather stupid.

EDIT: For the record, I have no problems with anything in this game, speech and mannerisms of people included.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 4, 2013

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've finally reached Lv 50 with Gaige, I had to spec into the BFF tree to survive Sawtooth Canyon and Hero's Pass, amusingly while the final cut scene was playing, after The Warrior died, Deathtrap was in the background of the cut scene blasting away at Rakk constantly, and when the credits had finished, he was still zapping away at Rakk. :3:

Now I have to do every sidequest I put on hold till 2.5 for the Lv 50 versions of the quest reward guns.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well, thanks to Marogoreh I finally beat that horrible bastard Hyperious and he even dropped a Seraph weapon for me, an Original Retcher, Tediore shotgun that fires bouncing green balls of doom.
We then went on to Master Gee, and died quite a lot, I'm still not quite sure what happens there but I assume it has something to do with the green acid pits that were filling the arena.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I decided to give the Evil Smasher glitch a shot yesterday, I know many people use the Infinity but I'd rather die than farm Doc Mercy forever so I used the glitch with my trusty Sapping Kitten and it just blew Pete (my beta test of it) away.
As you know, many Moxxi guns restore health when they cause damage, so my health was also being restored by an insane rate, the only drawback was having to reload and hope I didn't blow up in the few seconds it took.

Other than this, I'm currently playing Gaige with a Pure Shock build using most of the LBT tree, shock guns really are the greatest thing around, thanks to Marogareh again for his kind gift of an Infinity, he came on as I was in the middle of farming Voracidus for those sweet Seraph crystals.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Seraph Weapons always seemed like they'd be amazingly powerful since they are hard to (legitimately) earn and require a lot of crystals per weapon, and since I've recently been able to farm raid bosses, I bought a few to see what they are like, and they are highly overrated.

I purchased the Shock Actualizer and the Shock Patriot from the Oasis Vendor, they are both indeed strong but they have horrific accuracy, and the Patriot is a sniper which is worse, my Shock Pimpernel, from the same DLC, is a hundred times more effective and that's a mere quest reward gun.

My main weapon is a Shock Sapping Kitten, and that has crazy poor accuracy at range yes, at close range, it has no equal though, and it heals you when you make a hit.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Already I'm terrified of doing the Control Core Angel mission after Bunker on UVHM, it was absolute hell as it was on TVHM.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Marogareh posted:

I could only imagine the giant clusterfuck that was me as melee Zero and two deathtraps going at them from someone else's point of view with explosions going all over the place. I just wish they'd hurry up and fix the love thumper glitch so I can actually kill poo poo without hurting team mates.

Would have been 3 Deathtraps if I'd have been around, now that's fun, I'll be around later for some UVHM fun later on, when stuff gets updates for us in the UK zone.
PSN: JudgeTesla for anyone who wants to sign up with me, I may not have a mic (yet) but I can still be a faithful bullet sponge for any goons.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

People weren't joking about UVHM being really hard, I've just had my rear end handed to me twice by Boom-Bewm, eventually I just blew up Big Bertha from a mile away with a Sniper and blew the twins apart with a Shock Rocket Launcher, Captain Flynt is going to be a toughie when I face him soon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Marogareh posted:

I had an area that spawned about 6 rabid skags at once so you can imagine the chaos that unfolded.

Not to mention the fact that the enemies scale to the level of whoever has the highest level, so everything was skull rank when you were in yesterday, that made things very interesting on my end.

As a side note, I'm finding UVHM far easier as Maya than Gaige, since I've pumped as many points as possible into skills that increase elemental effect chance and damage, Phaselock also auto slags everything in its radius too which is making things go fairly smoothly for me now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Wilhelm was pretty fun as Maya solo on UVHM, I resorted to sniping him to death from the respawn beacon since his aoe laser attack was pretty much instant death, not to mention the packs of PWR and GUN Loaders running about, now I'm on the horrible "Bright eyes, Flying City" quest and the infamous Gluttonous Threasher waits for me.

On a side note, I've gotten a crapload of E-Tech guns from chests, most of them are terrible Bandit weapons but its the thought that counts.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well I Finally beat Bloodwing in UVHM with the help of an under leveled Krieg played by Marogareh, Super Badass Constructers can burn in hell as well, it took us nearly 10 minutes to kill the one that blocks the way before Bunker.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Something I dislike a lot about UVHM is how easy it is for a single shot to blow all my shields and most of my health away, the Pirates in Scarlet's DLC are the worst about this, I have no issues killing them as a Lv 60 Siren since everything in range gets auto-slagged when I Phaselock something, its just annoying being one shotted on a frequent basis.

On the other hand, I love how a lot of fights become literal fights to the death now, Sawtooth Cauldron was the best for me, having whole groups of bandits yanked into the same spot thanks to my Phaselock pulling them all over was awesome.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Speedboat Jones posted:

Gaige definitely does, but that's a real bummer about Krieg.

I was with Marogareh during the voice change section and his Krieg went from roaring like a maniac to dead silent until after we beat Bunker.

Kifisonfire: Thanks for the offer but I mainly use Assault Rifles and Snipers in UVHM, right now I have 2 Vladov E-Tech ones, one fire, one shock.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

You're all big dopes, Krieg is clearly Claptrap in a man suit. It makes perfect sense becau

It could also be that Robot who wants to be Human in the Eridium Blight.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've never gotten so many E Tech guns before I had UVHM, now I'm drowning in them, I found 3 in the Leviathan treasure room and another, a Shock SMG one in a random chest in Wurmwater, and all of them are awesome.

Unfortunately I received a Corrosive Pimpernel as a quest reward, so while I can vaporize robots in seconds, everything else, not so much, on the other hand, I got a Shock Lil Evie and a Fire Rubi, which are now my main guns.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well I got through the rubbish Baddassaurus fight on UVVM and yet again, the vault yielded no loot, Piston dropped a Corrosive Slow Hand which somewhat made up for it, its sad really, as this loot issue makes the Torge DLC fall flat on its arse at the end.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Its the first time I've had it drop and I've beaten Piston quite a few times, I've not yet seen the Yellow Jacket drop off Jackenstein.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Jake Blues posted:

Having gone through a major portion of the opening story and DLC areas multiple times now, I find my biggest complaint with this game is that they made very large areas to traverse while walking. If there was anything that flat out said "gently caress you" to stack decay rates or lack of enemies, its these lulls of transit where I'd rather just have a fast-travel spawn out of the ground when I defeat Motor Mama, because walking all the way around a circle three times is a humongous waste of fun.

Borderlands 1 had this issue with all its DLC's, General Knoxx's DLC was the worst about it, yeah you got a fancy Lancer tank, but it was slow as hell and you had to drive for miles to get anywhere.

You'd also better hope the Crimson Lance didn't blow your car up though (and they would) as you'd be running for ages to reach the next Catch a Ride.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

To be honest, there's not a whole lot of reasons to finish UVHM and hit 61, unless you really want E-Tech guns since those drop like candy, every boss is just a horrible slog of a fight with or without Slag and parts of the game are no go zones due to the sheer amount of powerful guys there.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

It honestly blows my mind that people like lilith and mordecai. After the second time both of them stole a kill I needed for a second wind I just ended up hating them.

Hey man, Lilith was my main for the entirety of Borderlands 1, the bandits of Pandora trembled in fear over her literal Fire God powers, seriously she was insane.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Sad lions posted:

Any eu ps3 goons been able to get it? Psn is coming up with no updates (which is weird for the time of day).

I just saw it appear on the Latest content section, its not yet available to download at the moment of writing but it should be up very soon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

56k posted:

So If u have beaten the game. Became lvl 50. Have no intentions of getting any DLC. Is there any replay value? Besides friends and parties and restarting characters.

It seems you don't give much of a poo poo about this game, its replay value is pretty much based around getting better weapons by fighting bosses and restarting again as different people, not buying the DLC means you are only gimping yourself in the replay value part.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well thanks to Marogareh for giving me a load of legenderies to play with, up till that point I was using mostly Moxxi guns which are decent enough, but I've realized that there's situations I (Siren) struggle a lot in.
From my experiences with the Raid Dragons, Sirens are overly dependent on Phaselocking to self heal, which naturally raid bosses are immune to, the passive heal in the Harmony tree is too slow to be of use in hectic situations like that.

Anywhere else though and everything explodes in a mess of status effects and fire!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Relin posted:

Fought Badassasaurus Rex (UTVH) with a friend. It really strikes me how bad Gearbox is at designing bosses. Ended up with the two of us crouching under the half open door shooting at it for 25+ minutes. And don't quote me saying explosive weapons speed it up or about his weakpoints on the back (which don't matter because he will destroy anyone who steps in the arena)

When I did that with Marogareh, I spent most of the fight running away while he tried to shoot its weakpoints, it is the worst boss ingame for me, though it does fit with the theme of Piston being a huge coward, why fight fair, when you can have a huge robot that's got a million guns, missiles and nukes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

smashpro1 posted:

Imagine a level 72 Mania build Krieg.
The extent to which people will get styled upon...
Insane.

It'll be like BL 1 all over again when the cap ended up at 69, I turned Lilith into a walking death god due to having pretty much every major talent, it was glorious.

• Locked thread