Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
One note: it was some other guy that made the 'girlfriend mode' comment about the Mechromancer, not Pitchford.

Also, Salvador all day, every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

nudejedi posted:

True that. Gunzerking is too much fun.
To expound on the greatness that is Salvador to the guy deciding between Zer0 and Salvador:

Yeah, it's slow going at first. But if you like the gimmicks in this game, and by that I mean the hilarious guns that make even more ridiculous things happen when you pull the trigger, why limit yourself to wielding one at a time? And also limit yourself to not screaming and laughing like a maniac while doing that? Also he can regenerate ammo with class mods. For the team, not just himself. It's basically everything good about every over the top "SHOOT EVERYTHING AND THEN SHOOT IT SOME MORE!" FPS game, like Serious Sam.

In fact, let's cut to the chase: You're pretty much Serious Sam with better one-liners and a Hispanic accent. But you can dual wield rocket launchers. Now would you rather do that, or speak in Haiku while you wield your anime sword?

Edit: Rocket launchers that you throw at the enemy like dumbfire missiles when you reload them.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 24, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
You mean that busted rear end thing that keeps getting blown up? Yeah, I think I saw two or three of those the last time I never stopped shooting for about ten minutes straight. Didn't do much, though. Kinda sat there making sad whirring noises, wondering why it didn't have anything left to kill.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Yeah but after you make a guy stop moving you have to wait around to be able to do that again. After I make a guy stop moving I've probably already put five hundred boolets into his cousin, his best friend, and their entire extended families. Also each kill lets me keep on keepin' on while also reducing the time between "no more targets left to extend my chain :(" and "'ZERKER'S DOUBLIN' UP!" :getin:

RandolphCarter posted:

I know they said they're planning on future DLC classes, but I really hope they're included with the other DLC bits. I've already spent $90 on this game I really don't want to pay more for more characters.
So don't? No one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy anything. I'm sure the five characters you already have available to you will be more than enough to enjoy the remaining DLCs.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 24, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
What buddies? All I see are these fleshy piles of Swiss cheese lying around!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Rakk? That's what the shotgun, SMG, spinigun or machine pistol in my left hand is for (depends on what I feel like hailing at my enemies). Slag is handled by stopping shooting long enough to throw a sticky homing slag MIRV grenade. And by "a" I mean "two" because I get to throw two of those at once and the second doesn't spend a grenade. That's sixteen grenades. Sixteen fire-and-forget grenades that slag and do 43,000x9 damage.

Also:

quote:

so I can pull out one of the four elemental guns I have mapped
Well here's your problem!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Synastren posted:

Maybe I just like the precision I get from iron sights and scopes.
Every single bullet that hits an enemy while I'm Gunzerking has a 30% chance to improve my accuracy with both guns. I shoot a LOT of bullets. :golgo:

quote:

Oh, and being a team player by slagging everything for everyone.
Do you know just how many things get slagged by 18 MIRV bomblets going off? We're not talking "one at a time," here. That poo poo takes too long! "I'M PUTTING THE 'US' IN TEAM!"

quote:

Ever think that by killing everything, you're ruining the experience, Gilder? :shepface:
I played Brick in BL1. Screw y'all's experience; it's my turn to kill poo poo! :smugdog:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
If you have your hands on Salvador, thismakes things die quickly, especially when paired with a class mod giving +5 to Filled to the Brim, +6 to Lay Waste, and 2.2 team ammo regen. It also gives +4 to 5 Shots or 6, but that skill and Inconceivable have issues.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Edit: dammit, just as I have to leave for work, too! ^^^

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wish they would fix that thing where Inconceivable and 5 Shots cause you to not automatically reload guns when they're empty- I can't use the final Rampage tree skill if I have to take my finger off the trigger, game :argh:
Honestly, I haven't missed them. I've taken points in the skills that increase my reload speed in general and my firing rate for 1) as long as I hold down the trigger 2) for a brief time on reload and 3) when I get a kill, and hoooooly poo poo does your shooting get fast once all three are up and running. I can empty a Vladof Revolution TMP with a 66 round mag in around two seconds flat.

It's glorious. And if I don't feel like reloading, kills reload my other pair of guns. :D

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 24, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

Huh, I'll have to try that out. I went down the middle tree first and then the right tree because I found a mod that buffed Hard To Kill and Juggernaut, which are the only two skills I have points in in that tree right now (lvl 41 here). If I can find a mod that adds to Lay Waste this looks awesome.
You're looking for an Unhinged Hoarder class mod. The best part is that the mods that add points to Lay Waste usually add points to Filled To The Brim. This means you get bigger mags, which increases the extra damage done by Money Shot. Add all that to the fact that they usually also feature a decent Team Ammo Regen stat (mine's currently at 2.3, whatever that means. I'd say 2.3 bullets per second, but it seems sniper rounds take longer to regen than, say, pistol rounds by a bunch) and any buddies you play with will also love you.

Unhinged Berzerker mods also add to Lay Waste (as well as Last Longer and Yippie Ki Yay), but with a cooldown reduction to Gunzerk instead of the ammo regen. Great if you want to Gunzerk for loving ever (which is also awesome).

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Original Gamer posted:

Also, I wish there was a relic that said something like, "increases the drop rate of legendary items 0.5%" It wouldn't even have to ACTUALLY work, but just the words would give me hope to keep farming, as right now it's frustratingly hopeless to get any weapon.
I just want more of the cool ones, honestly. Most purples I have put out stupid amounts of damage. They might not be ideal for soloing Giantdingus the Unbelievable for ultimate DPS gamebreaker cannons or whatever, but poo poo, who cares? I want more guns that shoot bullets in flapping bird-wing patterns, or hop along the ground making GBS threads grenades because that rules.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Well, the rocket launcher that hops along the ground making GBS threads grenades is real. I have one, only it's PT1. Tediore Bunny rocket launcher. :)

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
It's one of the Message in a Bottle rewards.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
They are the one thing my retarded levels of damage output can't get rid of. Bring an electric gun for their kazillion point shield, then set them on fire while hitting them with the best slag gun you have. They still loving suck, mind you, but that helps.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha, just got a Bee from a silver chest while dinking around doing PT2.5 sidequests. Guess I won't ever need to farm Hellquist!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Since the next DLC is rumored to be Torgue-centric, I sure as gently caress hope so.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Crackatastic posted:

I have never been so close to dying from laughter.
I crack up every time I walk past a random radio and hear "IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE GUNS, YOU'RE F[BEEP]KIN' RETARDED!"

Also, thanks to my little brother recognizing it I now know where I've heard that voice before.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

strangemusic posted:

That being said, if the next DLC is in fact Torgue-themed it is going to be the best Goddamn thing.
If it is, I predict at least a 70% drop in the amount of all living things on Pandora not currently exploding. THAT'S STILL loving BULLSHIT! BUY A GOD drat TORGUE GUN!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Not just the CEO of a corporation, the CEO of a wildly successful across six solar systems corporation.

Although I've been wishing that ad campaigns would get more true to life. Like Eggo Waffles for instance. If some poo poo-for-brains came up and stole my breakfast I wouldn't say "Leggo my Eggo." If I had my way, the slogan'd be more along the lines of "Bring back my loving breakfast, bitchass!" That or "P-TUNNNNG!" which is the sound of a hurled toaster oven slamming into the back of some waffle-purloining son of a bitch's head.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Thousand Cuts is great for fuckloads of chests. There's like 10 in Slab Town. Or if you have the DLC, you can glitch into the treasure room pretty easily once you get the hang of it.

OnlyJuanMon posted:

WHYYYYYYYYY is it so loving hard?!

I'm level 37, and getting dominated before I get to Sanctuary.

BECAAAAAAUSE you're trying to play it like PT1. Remember these simple facts:

1) Guns will NOT last you long in PT2. Three levels at best, then toss 'em. I don't care if they're some new undiscovered color of loot; they're useless.

2) Shields and you: You need a lightning gun. Get one. Shields drop fire and corrosive damage to .4 of their regular damage, and most DOT will be abso-loving-lutely laughable. Get a shock weapon to get rid of shields, THEN switch to the fire/corrosive. Against their actual weaknesses (fire beats flesh, acid beats metal) they do MAD BONUS DAMAGE!

3) Take cover once in a while! Enemies are about a bazillion times more likely to carry guns with elemental effects, or GOD drat TORGUE GUNS! WHICH loving EXPLODE! These guns will 1) gently caress you up. 2) gently caress you up. 3) gently caress you up some more.

4) If you have a sniper rifle, snipe to thin the herd a bit before you just wade on in to a crowd of assholes.

5) (related to #2) Make sure you use the correct elemental weapons on things. If it has a yellow health bar, it's armored so use corrosive, that sort of poo poo.

6) Bring patience. In spades. You're going to die. A lot.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
If you can track one down (usually not too hard), Jakobs triple or quad barrel shotguns are AMAZING for Gunzerkers who still want to Rampage and get right in the mix. If you've got enough points in Filled to the Brim and have Money Shot, even though it wont get the full bonus from Money Shot (try as you might, you're not getting enough points in FTTB to give it a ten round magazine) it will still get enough of a boost that what should be 60K damage at "put barrel in mouth, pull trigger" range will jump into the 100K - 120K range.

They reload fast, and you can usually get enough bonus ammo in the mag for two shots which, if you're fast on the trigger, can be unloaded faster than the recoil can knock your aim around. I'm better with the right trigger, so I usually keep a shock or slag automatic in my left hand and the Jakobs in the right. The automatic will benefit from Keep Firing and will either wipe shields from or keep slagged whatever the Jakobs is about to annihilate.

All that said, Gunlust has some completely awesome abilities as well. I can't wait for the level cap DLC, whenever that drops, because I'll be able to a) get a bit farther down the Gunlust tree to compliment some Rampage abilities and b) actually use a Legendary Berzerker class mod, since I have a hard time justifying the two points over in the Brawn tree.

Kinda hoping there will be DLC class mods that specifically boost one tree in multiple skills. You'd still have to take enough points to get all the way down the tiers, so it wouldn't change much in the line of how you have to spend your points to get top tier skills, but man, I couldn't possibly care less about having bonus health considering a couple of the good Gunzerker skills are "the less health you have the more this awesome thing happens".

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Zikan posted:

The second playthough goes about 25-30 levels higher then the quests in the first playthrough but it doesn't scale so if you have a completionist mindset like I do you will be overleveled at points.
This is explained somewhat unclearly. The main story will scale to your level at time of mission acceptance in playthrough 2. It will not scale with you on the fly. Any time you start to feel overleveled and underchallenged, you should beat the current story mission and accept the next. Enemy levels in quest related areas will then "center" on your current story quest level, basically having a chance to be 1 - 2 levels higher or lower than yourself (higher being the much rarer option). Loot will generally cap out at your quest level, but occasionally you will find some that's one level higher than yourself. Note that enemies in old places will not scale until after you beat PT2.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
That's kinda funny; I seem to never NOT get corrosive shotguns or Jakobs shotguns. I just want a good GOD drat TORGUE SHOTGUN MOTHERFUCKER!

Running jokes into the ground aside, yeah, there's corrosive shotguns. They usually come from Tediore or Hyperion (the Hyperions are my favorite).

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Kifisonfire posted:

Like Marogareh said, it can be extremely fiddly. Sometimes I'll get it on my first jump, others it will take a few minutes. The rest is fairly straight forward though, just be careful not to clip into the wrong rock as you can get stuck.
At 1:30 in your video, pause it. See that bright rock to the right of your gun? That's a much better reference point, aim slightly up/right from it.

To ensure that you'll get stuck in the air, face about 180 from that, aim about 45 degrees up, make sure you're in the corner of the two invisible walls, hold forward, and try to jump. If you can't jump, that's the hotness. Turn around, face the point I mentioned above, hold back and jump. So far I've nailed it every time, with a slight chance of elevatoring up half the way. If you do get the elevator (basically running straight up), make sure to stop before you hit the top or you'll go over the wall and fall to your death, requiring a save/quit to reload the area.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
I think that's more the Bee doing the wrecking. 6800x16 is going to kick rear end when you add 50,000+ damage to each pellet regardless of manufacturer.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Yeah, that's why I sold The Bee. Making the game laughably trivial just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Depends: do you like the idea of a game being stupid easy? Not sure what a low-level Bee does, but at 50, the drat thing adds 50K+ per bullet/pellet/whatever. Kinda boring when nothing but "[name] the Invincible" can withstand more than two shots from certain guns when Bee enhanced, if you ask me.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

So being one-shotted like that is a problem unique to fire threshers?
Not necessarily unique, but it's definitely more common with them than other creatures. Super Badass Varkids, Ultimate Badass Varkids, GOD-liaths, and Badass Constructors can do it, but one's a rare, usually story-related encounter and the other three you have to actively let level up to run across.

Once you get to TVHM you can run into Blaster Goliaths, who dual wield Rocket Launchers. If they get the drop on you you're pretty much going into FFYL.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Agreed, Samurai Sanders. Each manufacturer has its own actually distinct special flare and weapon design even when they borrow parts from other manufacturers. In BL1, most guns felt the same even with their distinctions. In this game, when I find a Dahl, I know it has burst fire when scoped. When I find a Tediore, I get a gun-shaped handgrenade. When I find a Torgue I know I'm getting MOTHERFUCKING EXPLOSIONS AND SWEET RACE CAR PAINT!

I felt the writing was much better in this game as well. There were some funny parts in 1, but poo poo was spot on this time around.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

The Rokstar posted:

You know, I just realized something. Roland is a former vault hunter, which means his biometric data is still probably saved in the New-U stations. Why isn't he just reconstructed when he dies? For that matter, why isn't Jack?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into the story.
All hail the mighty power of the cutscene death. No hero, nor villain can escape its icy embrace. Seriously, same crap happens in a lot of games (and other media). You're going through the game, then someone dies in a cutscene and you're all "what? But everyone else just comes the gently caress on back to life when you cast Resurrect!" or "Did the bad guy forget to visit the Vita-Chamber before we rumbled?" But it's to no avail. That fucker is dead as a doornail.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Primal_Glug posted:

Bonerfarts still isn't funny, though.
You seem pretty angry over a throwaway joke that lasts for five whole kills before going back to normal.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 29, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
If you want to make it faster, just run back to the Natural Selection Annex (provided you have that) before you save and quit. Only have to fight through a couple rooms that way. He spawned on the second round of boxes for me, so he does show up in SP.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Save and Quit/Restart after you beat him. You'll start by the vending machines. You have to fight through Hero's Pass each time you initially go to fight him but as long as you just keep restarting in his area you're good.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Glugivore posted:

I'll agree with this. Bonertoots gives me a slight giggle.
At least your sense of humor isn't completely broken! It really is okay to laugh at lowbrow stuff; no one's going to take away your intelligent person card or anything.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Edit: Beaten but yeah, that^^^

The who with the what now?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
His hat doesn't even begin to be a Fedora.

Fedora.

Sir Hammerlock (and his hat)

Also, what's the point of saying "in the context of the game Bonerfarts can be funny?" We're discussing the game. What other context would we be applying? Did you think I was just advocating going up to random people and saying "Bonerfarts," or just dropping the ol "BF-bomb" into random conversation? Because thanks to you, I am now! :haw:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Lofidelity Media posted:

Well. I killed the Warrior enough that I no longer notice killing him making any kind of dent in my xp bar.

I think that is God's way of telling me to move onto TVHM.
Think about how you'd feel around the time you leveled up for the second or third time in TVHM and that Conference Call wasn't making any kind of dent in the enemies' health bars. Be glad you didn't get one!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

BonerGlug posted:

Speaking of Hammerlock, I never found him particularly funny. He kinda failed as a character for me, even past the whole bonerfart thing. I wonder if anyone has ever said bonerfart in all of history before BL2?
Hmmmm. I wonder that too!

AxemRed posted:

People use the Conference Call for something other than farming bosses?
I'd hope so; if it can kill bosses that easily I'm sure it'd be effective on, well, anything else. Otherwise, that's just stupid.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Lotish posted:

Was anyone paying attention? The word bonerfart is not in and of itself supposed to be funny. What's funny is that you've got a posh Imperial Brit safariman who has finally lost his cool and decides to call the animals something stupid as a petty revenge. The word's supposed to be stupid--it's use in context is what's funny. Come on, guys.
Well, there's that and the fact that some of us still laugh at things our inner child finds funny because we're not concerned with feeling immature over it. Reminds me of the time I got a one dollar bill where someone had added a big B and R to the back of the bill in black magic marker so it now read "BONER" down the back. Completely lost it when I unfolded that bill. Still makes me chuckle to this day. That was a few months ago. I hope it's still changing hands and spreading laughs and not in some bank vault somewhere, collecting dust.

Go on, give in, laugh. It's okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Fun fact about the spoilers above (pretty big spoiler for those who recently purchased so yeah, don't read it) If you walk up and actually inspect the collar on Slagged Bloodwing, you can see just how god drat dumb the Vault Hunters are. The data is clipped on to the collar with a clothespin and you can see a brick of "C6" or something like that (supposed to be "C4 OF THE FUTURE," I guess) taped to the back of the collar. It's pretty much a trap only a moron couldn't see.

• Locked thread