Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Marogareh posted:

If you're on PS3 I can dupe you a Maggie.

Say... this offer available to other people? I've been farming for that thing like crazy and all I've only ever gotten it like 5 levels below my character. I'd love one, even if it's awhile before I can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Marogareh posted:

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

Oh snap, I'll be on later tonight. Thanks in advance dude.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

strangemusic posted:

Also: has anyone received an interesting bug - after beating the game, saving and quitting, all my skill points were re-specced and needed to be distributed again. :wtc:

I have that happen to me fairly ffrequently. It also seems to happen a lot when I join other people's games. Its honestly such a nonissue to me that I never really thought of it as a bug.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

I want a tediore launcher that launches smaller guns at enemies.

You hear that Gearbox? You reading this? GET ON IT! I would use that gun until the end of time even if it did next to no damage and sucked up ammo like a vacuum cleaner. Even better if those guns it fired worked like little, less useful versions of Deliverance, shooting at the enemy until their clip ran out and then divebombing the enemy for the reloadsplosion.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey, when I reach playthrough 2.5 don't all the quests from playthrough 1 that I haven't finished/started get bumped up to level 50, right? because I'm doing a few sidequests in TVHM that give me green items or lower because I need the experience and I wanna know that I'm not losing the chance to do them again at the level cap.

Marogareh posted:

If you want a massive blast with a huge radius get the love thumper. I'm using that with an orphan maker to force the effect to activate when there's no one around.
Never would've even thought of that combination... interesting. Also, thanks a bunch for all the duped oranges last night. I was just expecting Maggie and maybe The Bee but you gave me like 8 oranges and one or two blues so that saved me a lot of effort I'd have spent on farming them. Now I just need to reach lvl 50...

How do you dupe, anyway? Isn't it just dropping them for the other person and then quitting to the dashboard/PS3 main menu before the game can save and register that they're gone?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

So I found a video of unused sound effects for a Torgue vending machine. Needless to say I hope they get added into the DLC because holy poo poo they own as much as their guns do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sy4tXtjjY

Goddamnit I was in the library listening to this, expecting to get a halfhearted chuckle out of it. I loving lost it at "EXPLOOOOSIONS, MOTHER*******"
Person next to me is pissed.

Judge Tesla posted:

So I now have a Mic which should make it easier to communicate with, rather than the old system of firing guns in the general direction I wish people to head in.

PSN: JudgeTesla and anyone who fancies a crack at Hyperious the Invincible can come on down and we can discuss strategies which will end up devolving into running around like mad firing wildly at him.

I'm slowly working on grinding my Gaige up to level fifty so I can use all the orange drops marogerah gave me. Should be up to their by sunday so I can join you then.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 26, 2012

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Final skill in Mr. Torgue's middle skill tree will be called "WHAT THE HELL, THIS GUN ISN'T EXPLODING" and modifies every gun you have to fire Torgue ammunition in some way or another, allowing for explosive sniper rifles, exploding lasers shooting from railguns, and explosive Conference Calls. Because the only thing better than explosions from one direction is explosions from three directions.

Weapons that already use explosive ammo would explode more, and Tediore weapon reloads would cause damage in an area equivalent to small nuclear explosions ala Axton's turret.

I agree with all of this except for the Tediore bit. MR.TORGUE WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD USING SOME PUSSY WAL-MART GUN THAT DON'T EVEN EXPLODE RIGHT!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Codes are out:
http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame
AND GUESS WHAT!? EACH SITE HAS DIFFERENT CODES! MEANING YOU GET TWICE AS MANY KEYS IF YOU ENTER BOTH!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Am I the only one who uses that "Defend slab tower" mission to farm purples and XP? You set the goliath flag down where the robots drop and let them get their helmet knocked off then let them run around killing the loaders and friendly psychos until they go god-alith then just let them run around killing loaders and everything so that the whole "You get 3x the xp for every enemy the goliath kills" thing. Then just leave the area when its about to end.
Did that around 2 dozen times last night on TVHM and got like 5000xp every time and an almost guaranteed lvl 46 purple every time. If I recall right from playthrough 1 you can get like lvl 26-7 purples there.

I dunno, thought that might be useful for anyone reaching that point.

Also, anyone got any decent tips for soloing terramorphous? I've got the bee and I managed to kick his rear end the first time I fought him but I haven't been able to touch him since.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Final weekend codes are up:
Twitter:
PlayStation 3 CJCT3-K3C5J-TKKWB-ZBWTJ-JW3C9
Xbox 360 CJ5JJ-TC59K-FSR3X-WRBJB-BFXFR
Facebook:
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTB-6FCS5-FHXT6-56BTJ-WBWFT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5J533-63HTC-W633B-3BTJB-9C3FX

Edit: sorry, wrong twitter codes. Neglected to refresh my page when I copy pasted.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 27, 2012

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone found a good use for the unique shotgun Octo? It seems to miss a lot if it's at exactly the wrong range.

Well yeah, that's both its problem and its glory. If you master wonky as hell bullet pattern you can hit enemies with every shot from 300 meters.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I can't even imagine trying to localize a game like this- almost everything is a Western pop culture reference of one manner or another.
Just think of it as revenge for Japan doing the same thing. I remember watching some anime series back when I actually enjoyed it and the main gag was that almost every other line was a reference to japanese pop culture or an obscure japanese pun.

Glug_Glug posted:

In a fight, I think I heard a bandit yell out "I'm the one who knocks!". I might have misheard it, anyone else hear that?
Yeah, they yell that pretty frequently. It's a reference to Breaking Bad although what exactly in the series its referencing, I don't know (Never got past the second season).

The amount of pop culture references is loving staggering, even compared to the first game. Here's a relatively complete list but I've spotted things that even it missed:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ShoutOut/Borderlands2
Also, yeah Tvtropes link. Clicker beware of time sucking and/or massive stupidity.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Xidus posted:

I was watching someone play this on PC and he could see the invisible soldiers. What's the deal with that? This is what they looked like to him;

I'm on PS3 and I've seen them sometimes completely invisible, sometimes like that. I think they go from visible, to completely invisible, to the sort of thing in that image. And then they go back to visible when they get close to you or attack you or something like that, I don't know what causes them to swap between them.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ohhhhh maaan guuuuys don't make me buy the DLC...

...Is the Season Pass thing still available? Goddammit Gearbox take my money.

Pretty sure it isnt anymore, at least not on ps3. The others i'm not so sure.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Dewgy posted:

Edit: aaaand with the new patch I just lost all 14000 of my badass ranks. :/
That reminds me, what is everyone's current badass rank? I kind of want to know for sake of comparison. Can't check my own atm, on my phone at uni.

EDIT: obviously not yours, dewgy. We all know what yours is now :smug:
sorry for your loss dude, that must suck.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Just checked, my current badass rank is 22608. At this point I've got at least +8% in everything, with most being closer to +10. I really love this system, kimd of hope more games use it.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

Randy Pitchford retweeted some poor shmuck's new tattoo. :laffo:
Wow I'm all for gaming tats (if I ever get a tat it'll probably be jacks wrist chains from bioshock) but angel really doesn't seem like a memorable enough character to warrant a tattoo...
Whatever, their skin, their canvas.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I remember in the last thread someone found a clip from the japanese version of the game and everyone had a few good chuckles about how bad some of them were. Was browsing youtube and found that someone else posted some videos with a lot more of the voices in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuflWz8e9_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfYtPjkfz4

Marcus sounds like a child molester and Scooter is just :stare: without the thick accent.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

If all else fails get a Tediore pistol and use it to turn your pistol ammo into a stock of grenades.
^This. While I disagree with the assertion that pistols aren't useful the tediore grenade pistol can tear through tough enemies easy. Just make sure you get one with decent enough damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Making her playable would be pretty awesome.
Be interesting to see how she holds twohanded guns...

Kifisonfire posted:

Basically I want to shoot at bandits wearing space suits while driving around in my pink moon buggy and doing sick jumps with low gravity.
Oh don't we all :allears:
Not ingame I mean, just in general.

• Locked thread