Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Ironically, the TVTropes episode was both my introduction to the F Plus, and the only one I can't manage to listen to all the way through more than once. There's just something about Troper Tales that's so intangibly awkward that I can't stomach it. Somehow the bug one's manageable, yet Troper Tales? Nope.

My favorite episode's the MUD roleplaying bios one, though, which is... probably obvious to people given the evidence at hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Ariong posted:

It's super not a big deal, but I thought I would point it out in case someone's not getting proper credit. I still haven't got around to listening to the episode itself, so I'm not really sure who.

Clearly it was Skaft Punk, Skalverchair, Nirskana, Skallex, and I'm going to stop here because coming up with ska puns they haven't used by now is hard. Also I kind of want to hear ska covers of Skrillex songs.

Seriously though, it's probably meant to be Portaxx.

EDIT: I mean Portskaxx.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 5, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Wow, I didn't expect F Plus Comma Live to go as amazingly well as it did. A food episode was probably perfect for it.

I'm not one for cooking at all, but when you get stuff like the Dorito Sandwich I kind of can't hate it too much. It's simple, but I at least trust everything in it. The raw food dishes... not so much.

The idea that someone actively wrote down a Dorito Sandwich as if this was something people needed to know, not so much. That's just something you make for fun when bored at home as a kid, like peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches (which I should note is difficult to eat, they turn into a very mucky goop that makes chewing hard).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
They're also the most legitimately damaging group ever looked at in the podcast. The asexuals might be infuriating in how they devalue the GLBT community and cause, but they aren't actively ruining it. A lot of the fetishists focused on in various episodes are fetishising things that are illegal, immoral or unhealthy, but they aren't actually having sex with animals or children or making people ludicrously fat for sexual reasons (I hope).

These guys are straight-up misogynists, they and their type have been loving up society for women for centuries, and continue to do so in their own way. They fact they aren't directly enforcing their worldview anymore is a small consolation given what they've done in the past, and what they do in more subtle ways today. Of every group covered in the podcast thus far, only these guys and the bad mothers are the ones tangibly worsening people's lives.

EDIT: What he said.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Mimetic posted:

Episode 104 is out. After reading the blurb I have no idea what its about, but at least it isn't MRAs. :toot:

I haven't listened to it either, but from what I gather... you know how people from the ki episode way back decided that Dragon Ball Z was an accurate depiction of life?

I think these guys are that with Quantum Leap and/or Bioshock Infinite.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I introduced my friend to the podcast with the terrible music reviews, which were really great episodes. The covered something really entertainingly bad that I never really thought of before, because I was never really much into music. I'd also tentatively add the Troper Tales episode to the 'SFW episodes' list, although I don't think that level of second-hand embarrassment should be inflicted on the unprepared.

And on the subject of introducing F Plus content to others, I actually used it in a university assignment, critiquing the Gamer's Hip Clip proposal from a technical writing standpoint and comparing it to an actually good Kickstarter (the Manos remastering).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Commissar posted:

Eskimo Joe and Silverchair are good bands you jerks :(

They're good Australian bands, that's about on the level of mediocre non-Australian bands.

Haven't listened to the episode yet, but I actually wanted to construct something similar out of the Pikmin Fanon Wiki. Mainly because the fact there's a 2000+ page wiki devoted to people making up fake Pikmin games, of all things, amuses me.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Squint posted:

There's a new episode out now about a role-playing forum called Chicken Smoothie. Role-playing is not, so far as I know, the main feature of the site, something about adoptable neopets-type stuff? Anyway, stupid role-playing characters and premises. Go listen.

I spent years roleplaying various superpowered characters on an MMO, around a lot of people that used it entirley for sex. And even I look down on these guys.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Yeah, roleplayers are, predictably, my favorite subject for mockery. It's like a box of assorted chocolates, there's so many varying, beautiful flavors of terrible, you don't entirely know what you're gonna get at first, and they all go past quick enough that you don't get tired of them.

I'm not sure what type of roleplayer's the equivalent of that weird esoteric flavor in assorted chocolates that nobody wants, though. Would that be that one old lady furry roleplayer from the MUD episode?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 17, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Also Bunnybread will you accept money to make a voice pack that I can mod into SRIV?

What voice would it be, though? Because I've been saying since before the game was even out that I want an Obama impersonator voice pack.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

No Your Other Left posted:

A new radio channel made entirely of "thanks, Stog" moments.

And ska covers of famous songs.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Therion posted:

What about CWC? You people did namedrop him a couple times. I understand that the creepy cyber stalkers from Encyclopedia Dramatica have made some people feel sympathy for this guy, but... no person on God's green Earth is more deserving of an F Plus episode.

I've always thought the difficulty with making fun of CWC at this point is that the people tormenting him are probably even worse than CWC himself. I mean he's bad, don't get me wrong, but the people making fun of him have probably crossed more lines than he has overall.

There's also the issue that a lot of CWC's weirdness is a multimedia experience. It can't really be podcast-only, because then you really don't get the comics, the videos, the photos...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Calaveron posted:

So did Lemon really just waste 10 bucks on some random blowjob hollering at his mic all for the sake of a joke? Man, he coulda bought a relatively decent fast food meal with that scratch.

That was hardly a waste.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Squint posted:

It's the comment equivalent of putting a couple of bucks in the tip jar so that it isn't completely empty and thus affords you some credibility. Their problem is they forgot to log out first. Speaking of which, I'm absolutely certain people do that with their own Kickstarter projects too. I have no difficulty believing that the five dollars put up for the Hip Clip came from Jeremy Fernandez himself.

The one and only backer for the Gamer's Hip Clip is actually someone completely different. I'm not saying it wasn't him, but I am saying I don't expect the Gamer's Hip Clip guy to be smart enough to falsify that.

I specifically used the Gamer's Hip Clip as an example of a bad business proposal in a university assignment late last year, so I made a point to check these things.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

No Your Other Left posted:

Any plans for a Halloween creepypasta episode? Because last year's was amazing. Also I miss Portaxx.

Retsupurae have started making an entire thing of reading video game creepypastas, because Slowbeef finds them hilarious. I can't decide if my favorite is Blood Whistle for the amazing visual aid, or sonic.exe for its ingenious methods of illiciting scares.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So the comments section has realized something that's been staring us in the face for a long time, and yet we never noticed.

Before he was famous for marrying Reshiram, JustinRPG was in the vore episode, posing the hypothetical about the world filled with giant birds and dragons. Which, now that we know who he is, yes was probably Pokemon.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

2house2fly posted:

Oh my God you guys have to do a NaNoWriMo episode!

The TVTropes thread's finds alone could provide three episode's worth cf content for something like that.

I can't guarantee it would be good content.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Squint posted:

Guess what we recorded Friday night.

Well, that saves me the effort. Although it does mean I won't get the opportunity to bundle it with my own early-aborted NaNoWriMo effort from 2010.

Probably for the best, really.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Grondoth posted:

If you haven't looked back on the articles they read in previous wikihow episodes you are doing yourself a grave disservice.

I'm not ashamed to say that reflexively, my first action when hearing this was to go to the Courtesy Pee guide. And that was the right choice.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm kind of surprised how not disgusting this episode was. I was expecting to be retching constantly, but there was no mention of bin juice, or amorphous disgusting blobs of ex-food, or anything like that. Just... people in garbage bags, trying not to be seen in garbage bags.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Oh my god. I skipped over this stuff when it came up in the TVTropes thread, and now I wish I hadn't.

This is my new favorite 'Internet thing'. It's like the missing link between Ulililia and Chris-Chan, but with none of Chris-Chan's creepiness. I wanted to hate him, but then we got to the 'Yo Splaz' stuff and I realized that this is just a weird, socially retarded kid that never grew up.

Someone get Fox Searchlight on the line, we've found their new film.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Speaking of, they haven't done Freep yet have they? There's some great poo poo there. DaleReed being angry about everything, the endless circular firing squads about what is and isn't a fake republican, poo poo like the leader constantly saying server costs are like 32,000 every quarter and having constant fundraisers because he hired his son to be in charge despite their website looking like it's early 90's still.

Plus whenever gay stuff comes up it's super clear they all constantly are imagining men having sex with eachother.

Neither Freep nor Stormfront have been touched, and neither of them is in the content submission table. If you want to see Freep (and god knows we're overdue for good old-fashioned conservative nutbaggery, Dozerfleet barely even counts), go ahead and compile it yourself, everyone'll love it.

I'm thinking of compiling another submission of my own, but I'm not sure exactly whereto look. Anyone have any ideas on where I'd be able to find:

1. Sovereign Citizens, who are convinced that they are immune to all laws because of some ridiculous legal loopholes that don't exist.
2. Philosophy, and those who don't understand that you should read before writing. It's stuck with me since the joke intro in the creepypastas episode, and I'm sure that idiots trying to philosophize both exist, and are probably loving hilarious.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 3, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Portaxx does support for both AGDQ and The Speed Gamers, I believe. She does AGDQ's banner art, that's clear enough.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
New episode up, about... sssssomething. I'm genuinely not sure, because it clearly stops being about what the site's claiming to be about pretty quickly.

But more importantly: Squiddy McEnnui's no longer far away!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Okay, this one might be one of my favorites already. It drags at points, but it has every type of person we see as the focus of F Plus episodes in one convenient place.

I think my favorite is the guy that was hypnotized by the marfia sixteen years ago.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Rebochan posted:

I think I've listened to that one the most. Followed by the multiple personality people.

You know what, any tumblr episodes are just gold.

Tumblr is the funniest website on the internet. There's so many idiots on there, trying to be smart and special, and they do it with such a straight face. It's so laughable, and it's made even funnier by the fact they clearly don't think it is.

I remember there was once an idea being thrown around for making an episode document entirely out of Watchful-Entity reblogs, which sort of fell apart when Watchful-Entity's blog got shut down.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

a dozen swans posted:

You're in luck! Check out waakzaam-entiteit.tumblr.com (and see also entite-vigilant and mentemmortaliatangunt).

Oh, yeah, I know they're up and about again, but we lost a lot of great material when te original blog got taken down.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Agentdark posted:

On another note, has there ever been a Sovereign Citizens episode?

No, but I would love to hear it, since it is literally legal mumbo-jumbo.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

BKPR posted:

Anyone remember which episode it was where the kid got turned into his dad's sock?

Choose Your Own Change is a weird site, but one that's very educational. You will learn the strangest masturbation fantasies ever conceived, and the inanimate stuff is easily the strangest.

It's honestly the most effective way to turn someone off of a transformation fetish there is.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
My favorite recent callback was actually not in the F Plus. Left Handed Radio started up again, and referenced Buff Grandpa from the School Survival episode.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
This one's filed into my 'flipping off the world' category. There were... a lot of times where I couldn't help but just go 'oh, gently caress you' and flip off thin air because these people were so insufferable. It's the same thing that permeates the Troper Tales episode and a couple others. This one's probably the least painful because at least they're not just making poo poo up and being angry at people, their happiness does at least lessen things.

It hurt a friend of mine for a different reason. These people are insufferable just to hear for a few minutes, how the gently caress did they find a marriage partner? Or two marriage partners, in that one case, although that one was probably the least bad. My thought there is that since the number of insufferable people in the world is >1, they're inevitably going to pair off if for no other reason than necessity.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

BKPR posted:

I just can't fathom anyone deciding that like, Fallout is that important to their life. Like, is that the most interesting thing you've ever engaged with? You poor motherfucker.

I can understand and appreciate having some nods to how you met and became close in your wedding. In the City of Heroes community there's actually been multiple stories of COH-themed cake toppers and such because that's how the couple met.

It's acceptable when it's a cute nod to something important, I think. It shouldn't go beyond that, though, you shouldn't be revolving your entire wedding around a TV show, book or video game, and I think you should take a long, hard look at yourself and your relationship when you do.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

TetsuoTW posted:

It's still one of only two episodes I haven't listened to, because I feel like that joke is just kind of played-out at this point. It's basically Tubgirl to me. The other one's the Sinead O'Connor one, because I've read enough of the source material to know it would just annoy the poo poo out of me.

The Roy Orbison Completely Covered In Cling-Film stuff is a classic, but something that really makes the episode is that they don't know it. They only knew it was a classic when it was told to them in the comments section later, so what you're seeing in the episode is a bunch of people hearing a classic for the first time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So this is only tangentially related, but while I was reading it it made me think of rather a lot of our favorite subjects. Cracked posted an article from a dominatrix and phone sex operator about fetishes, and when she gets to the weird stuff it's like seeing an F Plus fetish episode from an entirely different side. The first page (particularly #4 and #3) is where most of the F Plus-y action is, but it's still a fascinating read past it and might help to explain a few of the weirder things we've faced.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
There isn't a person exhibited on the F Plus that I want to meet more than BBoy360. There is no way in hell he wouldn't be hilarious to watch in reality, he's just that disconnected from everything while also not being borderline-dangerous or mentally ill. He's just incompetent.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Champeenship posted:

New episode, all about the wonderful world of Skyrim mods.

Oh man, i wanted to do this one, but I never got around to it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
It's so weird to me when an F Plus subject turns up somewhere else. From the Idiots on Social Media thread over in PYF:

Shuffle posted:

holly is my uncle and dan is his wife
I used to really like my uncle until I found out he was just as insane as every other prepper conservative racist rear end in a top hat.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Oh my god, F-List? That thing isn't just for furries in my experience, that is a... reasonably common source for MMO RPers.

It is really weird to see an RP guild leader openly link F-List.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

MooCowlian posted:

Maybe I shouldn't listen to this one.

It's worth it to hear them all cringing at the contents of the readings. There's been episodes I've personally found more uncomfortable, there's been episodes that have made people angry and depressed, butthis is the only episode that was made short for their own sakes. They could power through the dickbugs, but this makes them cut it short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Next time you guys record an episode can you make Jack Chick listen to this wonderful thing? I gotta wonder what Japanese metalheads are like.

Oh, hey, I didn't know they were working on a new No More Heroes.