Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

bony tony posted:

Lemon said that The F Plus has predicted other Internet things before the possible mainstream discovery of nerd thigh strangulation. What are they?

Doggie Boogie actually got made and is a real rear end movie you can watch on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I've been listening to various recipe episodes again and it's reminded me that some day Lemon is inevitably going to end up with his daughter as a guest reader on the show and it's going to be simultaneously the proudest and most horrifying day of his life.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

ShellGame posted:

I know what's up with that! After getting some repeated feedback and discussing it with the cast, we decided that we should remove our first 37 or so episodes because their quality is both beneath the standards we now hold ourselves to and has also apparently driven people away! Since we'd rather people listen to our podcast and NOT feel a strong compulsion to stop listening, we chose to just make them unavailable. We're actually working on a project to rerecord some of the old documents so we can retain the content, though that'll ofc take time. We're also gonna be doing a little more additional trimming for a number of reasons, but we're largely where we want to be.

That's round about when you took over from Amelia Blank isn't it? I've been listening to Extra Credit since the beginning and I can totally see why you guys would decide to do that. A lot of those early episodes were really rough.

EDIT: I would like to suggest putting the Morgellons episode back up though because that one is still fun to go back to.

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 24, 2021

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Yup. We've spent like a year looking for that poo poo and I'm 1000% sure there's still plenty of stuff that needs to be removed. Which is why we want you to post/PM an admin about it when you find old offensive crap.

Except my posts, we already know those are trash that should be deleted.

Hey now! I'll have you know that LP was extremely informative about how lovely post war city planning in South Korea was!

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I noped right the hell out of this one. Sorry Shell but as much as I love the podcast I have my limits and this is it.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I feel the need to inform any and all F Plus fans about this video of silly video game streamer Tie Tuesday spending four hours reading the ALF Wiki live on air:

https://twitch.tv/videos/1045924151

I have now learned that ALF used to spend time on his home planet throwing fish guts for sport at esteemed luminaries of college athletics such as "Dirk Twink" and "Sondra 'The Wank' Proudfoot".

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Not sure if I did it correctly but I submitted a doc to you Shell.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

ShellGame posted:

what method did you use to send it?

I shared it with docs@thefmin.us using GDrive but it gave me a notice saying it might go weird because that's not a Google account. Just wanted to check if you actually received it.

Sorry for using the forums to troubleshoot like this but Extra Credit doesn't seem to have a public Discord server to join.

EDIT: Only just now realised I could have PMed you on Ballpit. I'm dumb.

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 14, 2021

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I'm still just seeing docs@thefmin.us on the "Contribute" page. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

ShellGame posted:

just to close this hanging conversation, captain fargle and i figured it out.

short coming this Friday!

EDIT: Never mind. Ballpit didn't send me a notification when I got the PM. Thanks Shell, I hope you find the subject as funny as I did.

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 15, 2021

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

There but for the grace of God go we.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Also one of the original Rastalikpas was so gay he turned into a boobette, which is how the Rastalikpas propagated.

Thanks, Bad Webcomics thread, for teaching me things I will never forget

He was gay and he smoked weed.

He had to get high to trigger the transformation sequence.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

Brooke McEldowny.

This name is setting off alarm bells in my head and I cannot quite place it. What comic did he do?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I'm glad everyone else found Anders as funny as I did. Shame he keeps deleting everything. I can't help but wonder if I he had already removed a bunch of stuff when I put the doc together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

ShellGame posted:

the way i heard it he was caught cheating, said he didn't cheat, had it proven further, then said oops okay he cheated on accident

which is funny to me

i don't know anything else about any of these people and I'm glad the doc wasn't about them

It's a REALLY bad idea for a Doc because a bigass chunk of the cast all this creepy fanfic is being written about are actual real people who are literally 15 years old. Like, not a scripted thing or playing characters. Just teens recording themselves playing Minecraft and having it go viral.

Actually I probably should say they were 15 when the series actually happened and was recorded since it's a couple years old now. It was a video series of literal teenagers having screaming meltdowns at each other over Minecraft and spawned a gigantic loving fandom of people who were also literal teenagers who then proceeded to have screaming meltdowns over a video series of literal teenagers having screaming meltdowns about Minecraft.

It's a rabbit hole that is very, VERY much better left alone.

Antivehicular posted:

I lurk on Archive of Our Own a lot, because I'm a crap hound, and the "most recently posted" listing is always covered in incredibly overwrought fanfiction about this Minecraft thing,

Hey buddy, I just wanted to let you know that you're seen and you're not alone in this pit. Hard to tell if the current fad is better or worse than One Direction and BTS clogging up every loving goddamn tag. :)

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 13, 2021