Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Zaito posted:

Episode 102 is up, for those of you who haven't noticed! No episode 100 yet, but this one is apparently about bad movie ideas which should be entertaining.

Tolkein like birds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I have been waiting for this episode ever since I heard of the F+, this is gonna be good :getin:

edit: never do an mra episode again jesus that was actually harder to listen to than sissykiss

Invisible Ted fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 13, 2013

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
As a professional cook, the food episodes are objectively Good Comedy.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

TetsuoTW posted:

On that note, I gotta give Portaxx props, she was really on the ball with a couple of her jokes, timing them right as things were right on the edge of "you know what, gently caress this and gently caress everything."

"I googled toilet, and I'm still not finding anything..."

That really did save the episode at times when things just got too angry and less funny.

Also, I love how just speechlessly flustered Adam was by the end, kinda like the Monkids episode, but with more hate.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

omnibobb posted:

The past month or so has been really depressing. About the only thing that is making me consistently smile is the F Plus.

Something Awful F Plusers, please pass on my gratitude to the rest of the team. Somedays, this podcast is one of my highlights.

The F-Plus helped me through my darkest days of depression :unsmith:

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I'm trying to figure out what episode it was in, where (I think) Adam Bozarth is yelling about his clothes shrinking in the wash, as well as the fact that someone took his Snickers (I had five snickers, now there's three. No, listen MY CLOTHES SHRUNK IN THE WASH!)

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
don't get stupis is on par with tolkein but birds in my opinion.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Captain Capacitor posted:

That's odd, I don't see Portaxx listed on the readers list.

That doesn't cover readers from the void.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Gimnbo posted:

Immediately after talking about NLP and its connection to PUAs they kept saying "fallacy" and I was wondering if they were doing it on purpose.

I fell asleep listening to this and I dreamed that myself and Adam Bozarth drove out to a secluded house in a blue smartcar and moved bookshelves around while telling me about fallacies in hypnotism.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Huevos rancheevos.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Is it going to be available to watch after the fact? I'll be working then.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I like how Adam Bozarth is listed twice as a reader.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I like the idea of idealizing the readers as sweet and/or handsome as they read to us about gum picking, dickbugs and cummies.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I'm pretty sure I live within walking/biking distance of that place. AKA, I will be there if it isn't 21+.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Pick posted:

Cool, that's local to me. I'm a little confused, though--which Grumpy's? Downtown I assume?

Downtown, yeah. Grumpy's on the post is a google maps link to the location.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Thefplu.us doesn't exist, what a ripoff!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I'm sick of all this aflat erasure!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

You're probably thinking of STOG. Portaxx is intensely nerdy, but she's a girl and one of the most consistently funny people on the show.

When STOG's on a roll, though, he's incredible. :magical:

OCCUPY LIVING ROOM

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Rob The Parrot is good, but my favorite "ask the Internet" episode is BlurtIt. How do I increase my panic size?

HOW DO I IMPROVE MY SEX POWERRRRRR!?!?!?

Alternatively, "how do improve my sex powerrrr?"

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Better Call STOG

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

steinrokkan posted:

Jimmy Franks. That's all.

YUMMOOOOOOOO!!!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
New episode is up. About cuddleparty.com, so nobody make fun of it, ok?

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I have mixed feelings about Portaxx.

She gets a bit too outraged on certain subjects. She's even caused the most drama of the ridiculists. The Patreon episode is kinda peak bad-Portaxx.

But on the other hand she's a significant organizer and art contributor for the AGDQ marathon, and has some golden moments on the podcast, such as "Dumb Girl Voice". She was my favorite for a good while. My other favorite is Acier.

Just gotta take the good with the bad here, I guess. Nobody's perfect. :shrug:

Yeah, I don't really like the patreon episode because a lot of her griping comes off as "poor me". Not really blatantly, but it's just kind of annoying. She does cool stuff though, people are complex.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
All the Frank West talk got me to search for him on the site, ended up listening to his reading at F-Plus Live 3 :stare:

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

i just cant

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
tickling!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Another one that doesn't work for an audio podcast:
http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Personal-Relationship-With-God-(Christianity)

I'm really glad this ms paint doodle told me to leave clementines around for beggars to eat.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Which makes words like analytical* great

*monster cockytical

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Bean posted:

Aren't they all in Seatlle right now? Some sort of F Plus summit? I'm pretending it's an F Plus summit.

I'd like to pretend that all the F Plus readers are broken human beings because of what they do. "Sir, can I take your order?" "Yes, I'd like a slice of pizza, and please, no maggots. I don't intend to gently caress my meal tonight."

You do have to specify no maggots at Well Known Food Place, to be fair.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

The Chairman posted:

I really wouldn't point fingers solely at Portaxx because they've all had some pretty odd brainfarts along the way

Yeah, someone not knowing the shorthand for tablespoon (Tbls). Readers are human, w/e

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I don't mind the break, but what bothers me is that their jingles are almost twice as loud as the recorded audio, so for that reason their frequency bothers me.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Imagine a boot, stamping on a human fave...forever.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
For those curious, someone amalgamated much of the silent hill circumcision tale: https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

dijon du jour posted:

This was one of the few episodes where I was really glad when the discussion turned fetishy, because the whole "I wanna gently caress up my body for fun!" thing was weirding me out. At least I can fathom the reasoning behind "I wanna gently caress up my body for BONERS!"

I got halfway through and took a break, and I think this is why. Both this and being an ex-smoker made this episode weirdly hard to digest, and I didn't even have problems with the foot fetish episode.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's the first Yahoo Answers episode. Lemon says "I'm skinny, goodbye!"

I know this because I'm listening to it right now.

"ice cream addictionnn???"

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Especially since nobody jokes about someone wanting to marry a male reader

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Grondoth posted:

The depressed reading of the movie line KILLED it. KILLED it.

I didn't even hear it, I took out my earbuds when I heard what was coming. I just couldn't deal with that, even though I've never had to skip a part of any other episode.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Sitting Here posted:

I've been listening to the podcast for about 2 years, and it's funny how certain readers grow on me over time. Nutshell, Isfahan, and Adam West come to mind.

This episode was good, but I was minorly annoyed when they were talking about that guy who posted about applying mindfulness techniques to jerking off/his breakup. Like, I get that it's funny in context because he's attributing his coping skills to not jerking off, but what he was describing were pretty basic mental health skills. The ridiculists are really funny people, so it isn't as fun if it feels like they're trying to force something to be more humorous than it is.

Okay that was my opinion your welcome internet bye!!!

Frank bozarth has grown on me a lot since the bizzaro f-plus series

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I think that's where David Foster Wallace dumped all his drunk manuscript drafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

ghost emoji posted:

Listened to some older episodes on a long drive today. GargleMySack is probably the best username they've ever read (or maybe SkunkSkunkSprayMeNow).

Sincerely,

HYPNOLOSER