Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Clone Wars is also pretty violent and mature for what is supposed to be a cartoon for kids. Anakin straight up tortures his prisoner and people die violently (albeit bloodlessly). It's surprising when the Star Wars is practically a source of merchandising now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

Immerse yourself in the knowledge of all things

You fool, I thought Penismightier told us to ignore Koos!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You're kidding if you think Kanye wouldn't cast himself as a powerful and awesome Jedi Master. That's why he's Episode 7 Luke Skywalker instead.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Don't forget how ridiculously violent it was for a kids' cartoon. And it's not just the villains committing the violence too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You mean the villain will be a Hutt?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I always preferred the explanation from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. The rebel crafts were all general purpose vehicles they had to use for multiple functions, not all of which they were build for (my favourite must be their method of attacking destroyers and such by crashing an A-Wing into the bridge). The Empire on the other hand can afford to make a variety of different vehicles each with a specific purpose.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Even breasts are not safe from the canon priority order.

quote:

As in many other comic books, female characters are sometimes depicted with breasts on the verge of being disproportionately large. However, breast size is only ambiguously canonical, as characters that appear in both comics and movies typically have smaller breasts in the movies, whose canonicity overrides that of the comics.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are the Hutts (or whatever their species are called) always mobsters in the EU? That's kinda racist. At least the Twi'lek have been shown to be Jedis, politicians and other things.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I didn't even see that as different weapon from a lightsaber when I played Jedi Knight.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This trailer for The Old Republic actually have my favourite lightsaber combat, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLANti8UCY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I hope they don't have lightsabers or they break or something.
So the Jedi just punch each other instead. With Force Punches.

Mace Windu Force-punched a whole lot of droids in one of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars animations.

What's that martial arts they have in Star Wars? Did they ever show anyone using that in a movie or cartoon?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I seem to remember an article that said someone (not Lucas) keeps asking for Yoda to be given abilities like flying or creating multiple copies of himself for that fight scene, but guy responsible for making it rejects those ideas because they're too much or something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

sassassin posted:

It always makes me laugh when I see people say they want stories about people living everyday lives in the Star Wars galaxy: smugglers, miners, no Jedi etc.

I think this was the reasoning behind Star Wars Galaxies, and I'm pretty sure that's the only place where it works somewhat. In that game you can be not only a bounty hunter or smuggler, but also a weaponsmith or a cantina dancer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

They've got to balance out all that fit by having a character that's 400 pounds.

Of course, we need someone to play a Hutt.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The actual ending of Iron Man 3 actually fits the rest of the movie thematically, unlike this:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

With next year's Christmas season being the last one with a Hobbit movie, Disney probably expects Star Wars to fill that vacant slot in 2015.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

computer parts posted:

Probably Tron: Legacy but in space.

I can't wait to see young digital Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, who are clones.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cuaron did wonderful stuff with Harry Potter, so him doing Star Wars isn't a long shot at all.

Would love to see Lucasfilm give a directing gig to Edgar Wright and James Gunn too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Justin Godscock posted:

It's like calling Howard the Duck a "Marvel movie"

A History of Violence does not take place in the DC Comics universe, but Howard is a character in Marvel's main comic book continuity.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Latino Review posted something amusing. Apparently someone did not like Bobba Fett's origin in the prequels, so the Bobba Fett movie is rumored to be about a guy who kills Bobba Fett at the beginning of the movie and then takes his costume and name.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I would welcome it if it becomes a running gag for Bobba Fett movies. At the start of each movie, the protagonist of the previous one gets killed and replaced by a new character.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought they had bad aim because the guy they cloned stormtroopers from had vision problems.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Maybe he gets it from bacteria that are on him.

A long time ago a Jedi programmed a cyber-chlorian app.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The new animated series is going to have a "cowboy Jedi" in it, voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. He dresses kinda like Kyle Katarn and his name is even Kanan, so maybe this was what that one guy was talking about : featuring an EU character but with their names changed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zeb Orrelios, a character from Star Wars Rebels, is designed based on Ralph McQuarrie's Chewbacca.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Watched an episode of Clone Wars today, where Obi Wan gets rescued from Mandalorian rebels by his Neutral Planets leader girlfriend Duchess Satine. In the end, Obi Wan wants her planet to join the Clone Wars because those Mandalorians were working with Separatists but she prefers to maintain her neutral stance. The Jedi leaves the planet saying "these people's peace-loving ways are starting to tire me'.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Disney's Alan Horn says that Episode 7 has actually started filming.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116868

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

EU stuff are adaptations of Star Wars, rather than source material for more Star Wars. Episode 7 abandoning the EU is no different from that official Dracula sequel novel ignoring Frankenstein or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There must be a role suitable for Hellen Mirren in Star Wars. Preferably where she gets to shoot at things.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of black people, a newcomer black actress has been rumored to play Obi-Wan's "descendant".

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-speculation-693268

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Sources" say that a 4-week Abu Dhabi shoot has been scheduled. Looks like we know at least one planet that's going to be in the movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-shoot-694924

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's the first clip from Star Wars: Rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uJXFxfmiE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Watched another Clone Wars episode today, where young Boba Fett pretends to be a young clone trooper and tries to assassinate Mace Windu while going on tour of a proto-Star Destroyer. I wonder if many people notice by now that the 'good' guys are literally training child soldiers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wookiepedia would be so much better if it becomes something like the Transformers wiki.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wow, I knew Clone Wars can pretty violent for a cartoon but I never expected to see a Jedi decapitate several enemies at once on screen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The EU I was exposed to were mostly me making Kyle Katarn flip around trying to execute a lightsaber instakill attack on dark Jedis.

Yes, behold the EU as I remember it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmD-HlPAVTw

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Even before this announcement, "well-cared for" means "ready to be pruned if something overwrites it later".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hahaha

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are Oscar Isaacs and Adam Driver playing jizz-wailers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

One Black Man in all these Star Wars... well, they're trying...

Oscar Isaac is latino, at least.

• Locked thread