Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Its definitely possible to ask that stuff without being a huge rear end in a top hat but most Porsche people have a hard time with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
I find beating them at autocross or passing them on track in a 120hp miata tends to soften them a bit

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Its definitely possible to ask that stuff without being a huge rear end in a top hat but most Porsche people have a hard time with that.

Dont get me wrong, I think this can be done. But I outlined exactly what records I have AND posted pictures of them for review. And the response was "i want to inspect all records in person". Just gently caress off with that garbage.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kastivich posted:

Dont get me wrong, I think this can be done. But I outlined exactly what records I have AND posted pictures of them for review. And the response was "i want to inspect all records in person". Just gently caress off with that garbage.

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol yeah this isn't a Beechcraft Bonanza they're buying, it's a bougie soccer mom SUV (sorry)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kastivich posted:

In contrast, I've had sellers get pissy when all I ask for is the drat VIN lol.

gently caress that guy tho

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Kastivich posted:

Dropping the price on this to $15k

Dropping price again. $14k. Willing to deal for a cool goon that doesnt give me the run around.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Kastivich posted:

Dropping price again. $14k. Willing to deal for a cool goon that doesnt give me the run around.

gently caress, hold on, I gotta text my wife.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

gently caress, hold on, I gotta text my wife.

Hit me up via email if you want to chat offline. Ih8philly@gmail.com

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Kastivich posted:

Hit me up via email if you want to chat offline. Ih8philly@gmail.com

I'm sorry, as much as I want to make it work out, it's not going to. We're in the midst of buying my wife a new car, and four cars would be a tight fit in our parking situation. If you still have it in a month, I might be able to talk her into it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
A plug-in version of one of those briefly appeared on auto trader near me and was sold within an hour. For 15k. It had nearly 200k miles, but looked absolutely stunning and nearly brand new.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Nitrox posted:

A plug-in version of one of those briefly appeared on auto trader near me and was sold within an hour. For 15k. It had nearly 200k miles, but looked absolutely stunning and nearly brand new.

These didnt come out till 2015 so that buyer got an amazing deal.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Kastivich posted:

Weekend price drop. $13.5k

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Man I want to make bad decisions lmfao

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Thiat Cayenne fits my life much better than a Miata, I just wish I had a place to park it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sold offsite - A few WRX parts that I should've returned a long time ago but never did so my loss is your gain!

Torque Solutions Steering Damper Lockdown Kit - $20 shipped
Never bothered installing, only opened to check it out last year before forgetting about it.

Kics 12x1.25 53mm lug nuts - $110 shipped
I bought the 35mm ones on a tipsy whim but was shipped the wrong ones and didn't pay any attention until it was too late. I only mounted them on one wheel before realizing the difference so they are basically new.

Bonus for local South Florida buyers!
Motul 8100 X-clean EFE 5W-30 5L
I'm moving and can't bring it along with me so if you're local to South Florida I might just give it to you for free honestly. I have about an accompanying .5 quart that I just cracked open today so you'd have a full oil change!

net work error fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 8, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Selling a 2" lift kit for 2008 - 2021 WRX & STI's. It's the LP Adventure with black powder coat and lift extender (https://lpaventure.com/products/lp-aventure-lift-kit-wrx-2015-2020?variant=43061374681302)

Selling the kit which has been opened but never used for $800 shipped (new from their site is $859 + $50 shipping), or something cheaper if you can do local meetup in the Twin Cities.

I purchased it thinking I would need more ground clearance to deal with Minnesota winter, but ordered too late in the fall and didn't get to installing it before the weather got cold enough that I didn't want to do it. We had an incredibly snowy winter and it was a problem all of one time, so I'm electing not to use it.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
During the pandemic I decided to buy another project since I had all this free time, but I'm moving states so time to go.

Year: 1992
Make: Honda
Model: Acty
Color: Blue
Odometer: 74499 Kilometers
Price: Sold locally

I imported this Acty through JapanCarDirect in 2021, and has been titled in Idaho ever since. I've had a blast with this truck, it's super simple to do maintenance on with access to the engine on all sides. Parts are easy to get, and there is a small aftermarket presence. Truck starts up perfectly, and is on a battery tender when not in use. If you are in a place with snow - this is hilariously fun to bomb around in with the full time all wheel drive. There's a manual adjustment you can make under the truck if 2wd is more your thing, but I've not messed with it.

This was a work truck in Japan, so it is far from a show car. The door panels have seen some sun, and there is a tear in the driver's seat. I bought a cheap stereo to replace the factory radio, but the harness doesn't make a great connection so it currently doesn't output sound. When I plug the OEM radio back in though there is static so I know the speaker works. Has the factory floor mat in great condition, I also added a LED flare for that JDM touch. I'll even throw in the Japanese Red Bull can that came inside the glove box!

Happy to answer any questions!

savesthedayrocks fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 26, 2023

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
That looks great in blue.

If I could transfer the title from Idaho to Nevada and could get it transported, I'd be all over it. Someone is going to have a really cool truck.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Don't suppose a trade for my AE86 is possible?
(that's mostly wishful thinking. Unless...?)

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Unfortunately not, Im not sure how many parking spaces Ill have after the move. Thanks though!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and <shudder> advertise it on CL and FBM...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Darchangel posted:

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and <shudder> advertise it on CL and FBM...

I don't envy you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

I don't envy you.

Tell me about it.
If any of the folks who have just randomly looked at it and looked thoughtful at the price would actually go for it, that would be great. I think I've got it priced cheap at $5-5.5K (depending on who and when they ask.)
Talked to a UPS guy about it for like 20 minutes on Sunday...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Importers are asking close to 10 grand for those little trucks, so I think 6k is a reasonable price. I predict it will sell quick

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I dont know if requests fly in here, any goons have a Honda Element theyd like to get rid of?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I dont know if requests fly in here, any goons have a Honda Element theyd like to get rid of?

And if you do, send an email to: meatpimp@gmail.com

SA-Anon
Sep 15, 2019

Darchangel posted:

Tell me about it.
If any of the folks who have just randomly looked at it and looked thoughtful at the price would actually go for it, that would be great. I think I've got it priced cheap at $5-5.5K (depending on who and when they ask.)
Talked to a UPS guy about it for like 20 minutes on Sunday...

Man.... that is a pretty sweet kei truck.
Blue looks amazing.

SA-Anon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 25, 2023

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Sorry guys, my buddy had to decide to sell either his Element or Fiat 500e and he decided to sell the Fiat.

On that note, anyone in the Portland area want a White Fiat 500e (full electric)? Going to be asking about 9k but the price is negotiable. It's not available for another month so you have time to think about it. It has about a 90 mile range. Comes with 110v and 220v chargers.

It's a 2012 or 2013 and has under 100k as far as I remember. I'll have more accurate info at the end of May when it's officially for sale. I guess if someone really wanted it sooner it could be made available, it's not like he doesn't have the other car to commute in.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 25, 2023

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
Sold

Year: 1982
Make: Mercedes Benz
Model: 300sd
Color: Blue
Odometer: 141,600 miles
Goon Price: make me an offer above $2000 and it can be yours

I bought the 300sd at the beginning of April and realized I don't have the time for a 4th car. It is listed on marketplace with photos of the car and my contact info. If you want specific pictures or more info please hit me up. I bought this from a junk yard so I have verry little info of the previous owners or history of the car.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/777407923694104/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Sold

rowebot44 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 21, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Posting this thing again (and noting that it was 4years ago I last posted it.)

1987 Toyota Corolla Sport SR-5 coupe, 5-speed

Extensive pictures and what-I-done-to-it in thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

202,000 miles - will go up slowly, as I drive it occasionally.

Fixed a lot of stuff.
Recent rear wheel bearings and seals on right side side.
Recent ceramic rear brake shoes and slave cylinders
Recent (drilled and slotted) front discs and ceramic pads
Recent rear tires
14" x 6" Celica "Baby Supra" wheels
4 original 13" steel wheels (bad tires) and one 13" aluminum wheel with decent tire.
Rear side interior panels rebuilt with original upholstery
Fabricated new rear deck panel and carpet.
Rocket Bunny style duck tail spoiler - will probably repaint soon.
Wider rear fiberglass over-fenders (one has a crack, see thread)
Recent eBay lowering springs (replaced cut originals.)
Carpet dash cover
Short shifter of some sort.
New AC condenser. (AC was working - may have a leak, will attempt to recharge/fix.)
Seats and carpet are half decent. A couple small holes and pulls on driver's seat, carpet worn but serviceable.
Sunroof works
Cruise control works!
I was told it had a new gas tank and fuel level sender when I bought it. It certainly looks new.
Previous owned did cam cover, oil pan and front main seal gaskets, but I think the main seal is leaking again.
Muffler shop exhaust (no cat). I replaced the non-name muffler with a Flowmaster I had handy.
Fabricated bumper bar to mount aftermarket fiberglass JDM-style bumper and air dam.
Roof spoiler (currently uninstalled)
New OEM faceplate on HVAC controls.
Replaced heater valve control cable with one from a 4Runner (more flexible, therefore, works.)
New brake and clutch pedal pads
Goes and stops pretty decent. Transmission seems happy.
Current Texas reg and inspection. Gets driven about once a week.
HID headlights in glass H4 housings.(?)
Replaced with name-brand halogen 6504 headlights when one of the HIDs died, and the housings got nasty.

Bad:
Front "frame horns" bent out of level - one bumper mount is about 3/4" higher than the other. Little bit of wrinkling in the unibody rails. Does not seem to extend past the core support area. The bumper bar brackets were fabricated to account for the difference, so bumper is level.
Damage to left-rear quarter panel under over-fender, see pics in thread.
Right over-fender is cracked, no pieces missing.
Hood has wrinkles in it from the same accident that bent the rest of the front end.
Spray-bomb teal/aqua paint job
Quite a bit of blowby in the engine (see thread - it has a video!)
Aftermarket "American" Weber needs tuning, runs well, but very rich.
Probably needs struts and shocks
Original dash pad cracked.
Left rear side window leaks a little - needs to be removed and reglued.
Both door interior panels need to be rebuilt. Upholstery is OK-ish, but pressboard is warped/fraying. Fixed! Fitted original upholstery to new resin-coated hardboard with new padding. Came out nice! See thread.
Rear differential is noisy (have a spare, seems-to-be-good third member from an automatic [lower gear ratio].)
Needs alignment - still in "drift spec", and twitchy as gently caress.
Cracked the dang air dam on a parking berm. No chunks missing, repairable.
HID headlights in glas H4 housings.

I don't have any particular attachment to the car, I traded it figuring I could sell it more easily than the '90 RX-7 I traded it for, after a little work. Now it's taking time and money away from my first love, my '79 Mazda RX-7, not to mention parking space, so I'd like it to go now.
I'd try to get $5500 out of this thing, if it were on Craigslist, just for the inevitable time-wasters.
$5000 goon price for saving me the pain. This might be negotiable, but feel free to find a cheaper one if you can. :P

I do have PMs, or just ping me in this thread, or my thread above.

Most recent pics:

The radio surround was repaired and reinstalled after these pics. Documented in my thread.
The paint is once again chalky - these pics are from 2020, but nothing has changed substantially, other than I 3D printed new seat recline handles.

After lowering springs (that raised the car...)

Bumper bar:

Cracked air dam:

Over-fender crack:

Lots and lots more pictures in the thread, or tell me what you want to see and I'll post or take the photo if needed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Post in the dumb questions thread reminded me. I've got a parts store rental set of deathsticks (macstrut compressor tool) that I lost track of until it was far too late to return them. I no longer own any macstrut cars and have no intention of doing so in the future. Someone come give me 20 bucks in central mass and they're yours. They're 44 new or 55 rental normally.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Portland, Oregon

17inch Bridgestone tires
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/891301048599203/

Goon price: $8 for both

sold

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 25, 2023

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Portland, Oregon

1991 Honda CRX (SALVAGE/REBUILT Washington title)
1.5L Engine Base model

I'm going on a long vacation in about 30 days, I've decided to keep this long term or sell it before then.
If you deliver all day for work, you need this car. I just drive it on sundays or the rare office visit.

Goon price: $1800

Sold 2023-11-08

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 9, 2023

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Price dropped. Final offer before I do a Mustang trade

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If you weren't on the other side of the country I would.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

honda whisperer posted:

If you weren't on the other side of the country I would.

Ditto

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

quote != reply

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I'm selling these :krad: Sparco Terra. The Sparco lettering is blue, not red. Asking $200. They currently have Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D 205/55R16 mounted. Maybe only 4k miles put on them, but at least 4yo at this point. Can check the date codes if you need to know exact. I'm at 94103 and will deliver within 60mi. Otherwise buyer pays shipping. No curb rash, scrapes, or chips. "Like new"

edit: VV sold, sorry buddy

Toe Rag fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Toe Rag posted:

I'm selling these :krad:

oh my god, why do I want these for my Mk4 so badly.... and they're right down the road...

lemme run the offset numbers....

edit: june is not july. still have these?